Pocus

ROP Gold patch 1.11 Release candidate 2 (PUBLIC BETA PATCH)

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,

Here you go:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr//ROPGold/Patch_ROPGold111rc2.exe

This is a public beta patch. Help us improve the game! In italic the changes compared to RC1.

Rise of Prussia Gold Update 1.11 – RC2

October 22, 2013
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version, provided you own the Gold version.

Game logic
Fixed bug in combining units together.
Reconnaissance Party now also removes 1 hide point to the enemy units (if played adjacent) or add 1 hide point to your units (if played in the same region as your army). In addition to the control change. Don’t affect raiders and skirmishers.

AI
AI less aggressive in some instances.
AI form up brigades much more efficiently.
AI less prone to siege with cavalry.
AI less prone to build Redoubts.

Modding & Scripting
Diplomacy levels exported. Now it’s possible to have a separate value for sharing intelligence, passage rights and supply rights.

Events
Several issues with the events fixed.
Scenarios & Campaigns
The multiplayers campaign has now the 3 allies not sharing field of view.

Data
Several issues with the units database fixed.
Colors for filters 5 and 6 (grand regions & theatres) have been restored.

Graphics / Interface
Added missing filters and top bar graphics.
Bird graphic replaced when opening regional decisions.
Corrected VP Count in the Objectives Ledger page.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:29 pm

OK ! All filters working ! good work ! :thumbsup:

:wavey: and :hat:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm

:p ompom: :happyrun: :dada: :p arty: :hat:

Now my Russians just need to take Kolberg against all odds.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Nice job with the patch!

One minor thing that may still be an issue if it isn't a design 'feature'.

In the ledger there are colored tabs or threads off on the side that as far as I know are fully functional. It's a good thing to have redundant systems for turning the ledger pages since, if memory serves, the tabs in some of the other games sometimes become inert after patching. However, having the F-key icons overlaying the text ("Victory Points and Objectives' in this example) is less than optimal.

If it were me, I'd make the F-key icons completely invisible, since it's probably enough to have seen them once to remember that they work. Is there a way to turn them off altogether, like the army outliers ?

Failing permanent or temporary invisibility, would it be possible to shift the row of F-key icons up or down on the ledger page so that they don't interfere with the text?

Dortmund
Colonel

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Thank you! :wavey: :coeurs:

I found a bug when my austrians were besieging Brieg in the 1st Silesian war scenario. My army had 3 breaches and the other player made something with some unit or boats that made the breaches disappear. He is a veteran AGEOD player and told me that it was a bug that also had the AACW game that is solved. He was kind and surrendered his garrison so I conquered the city, but maybe that bug can happen again when we play another scenario.

I'm sorry but I don't have the game file (we have just finished the scenario and it was more than 12 turns ago).

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Dortmund wrote:Thank you! :wavey: :coeurs:

I found a bug when my austrians were besieging Brieg in the 1st Silesian war scenario. My army had 3 breaches and the other player made something with some unit or boats that made the breaches disappear. He is a veteran AGEOD player and told me that it was a bug that also had the AACW game that is solved. He was kind and surrendered his garrison so I conquered the city, but maybe that bug can happen again when we play another scenario.

I'm sorry but I don't have the game file (we have just finished the scenario and it was more than 12 turns ago).

Leaving a besieged structure with (some of) your force, but with orders to avoid battle and return into the structure does temporarily lift the siege, and makes the breaches disappear.

I applied it several times with the Swedes against the Prussians, at first by accident, just testing the force in a little battle, then repeated it a few times to confirm. It was a side show in the war at the time, so I didn't make much of it, but the previous post made me remember.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Leaving a besieged structure with (some of) your force, but with orders to avoid battle and return into the structure does temporarily lift the siege, and makes the breaches disappear.

I applied it several times with the Swedes against the Prussians, at first by accident, just testing the force in a little battle, then repeated it a few times to confirm. It was a side show in the war at the time, so I didn't make much of it, but the previous post made me remember.

I've never been sure if this is WAD or a bug to be honest. The solution is for the beseiger to keep some of their force in an attack mode, the bulk can be on defend. That will initiate battle if the enemy pulls this stunt and (if you win) the breaches stay intact - at least that is how it worked out in 1.4.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

bob.
General

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Can't imagine this to be WAD if it works as you say. I mean, wouldn't this mean you could just take your weakest militia unit in the fort and go outside - even if it was engaged, it wouldn't really matter anyway.

IMHO it should be impossible to exit a besieged structure without automatically initiating combat.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 pm

In AJE I have also often experienced this, because a large besieging army often takes a defensive posture when a large enemy army is in the neighbourhood, to profit from entrenchment.

Which brings up the question: what is the affect of having just a small unit in offensive posture, with the main force on defensive. Will battle be initiated when an enemy is present, and what are the modifiers resulting from such a configuration? And does it matter who commands the small aggressive force?

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Philippe wrote:Nice job with the patch!

One minor thing that may still be an issue if it isn't a design 'feature'.

In the ledger there are colored tabs or threads off on the side that as far as I know are fully functional. It's a good thing to have redundant systems for turning the ledger pages since, if memory serves, the tabs in some of the other games sometimes become inert after patching. However, having the F-key icons overlaying the text ("Victory Points and Objectives' in this example) is less than optimal.

If it were me, I'd make the F-key icons completely invisible, since it's probably enough to have seen them once to remember that they work. Is there a way to turn them off altogether, like the army outliers ?

Failing permanent or temporary invisibility, would it be possible to shift the row of F-key icons up or down on the ledger page so that they don't interfere with the text?

Just took another look at AJE and noticed that it too has the F1 through F6 buttons appearing in the upper left of the main screen.

However, unlike ROP, when you access the ledger via one of these buttons, the row of buttons does not continue to bleed through onto the ledger page.

I beleive that this was probably the originally intended design, and that some glitch in the interface programming is interfering with it.

Personally I don't much care for seeing those buttons on-screen anywhere as they are the wrong graphic style and therefore are counter-immersive. Is there any optional way of turning them off altogether? I believe they came into existence in the first place because the colored side tabs in one of the patched versions of ACW or BOA weren't working. There's no need for those ugly buttons if the colored threads/tabs do what they're supposed to do (as they do here). And it's enough to know that the functionality exists -- you don't need to actually see them on display.

Lindi
General

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi,

for victory pts and lose troop for opponant to Prussia (French / Austria / Russe)

Except prisonner I think I see only Austria victory pts and lose troop, (I really kill more troop compare to my all lose)

[ATTACH]25512[/ATTACH]

old save, same result for me

[ATTACH]25513[/ATTACH]
Attachments
4players_for_one_GC~PRU.zip
(157.15 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
aaz.JPG

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm

The game comes with separate flags for Great Britain and Hannover. I wonder why they aren't showing up in this screenshot. I doubt that the Prussians sent a naval expedition to the UK to reconquer London from the French or the Scots.

Pocus

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 am

The overlapping icons graphics will be fixed. The problem with display in 4 players (number of prisoners and special flags), perhaps not as the old interface (pre-CW2) really has troubles being updated.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Lindi
General

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:01 pm

You can't only do a sum of all loses troop? and victory pts ?

For me is more simple with that no? (For win with victory pts France/Austria/Russia can't win in solo I guess...)

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Lindi wrote:You can't only do a sum of all loses troop? and victory pts ?

For me is more simple with that no? (For win with victory pts France/Austria/Russia can't win in solo I guess...)

We are now a few years into the PBEM four player campaign, and game wise I must say it works pretty well.

Apart from the Victory conditions, which I don't mind so much, but the Prussians get VP's on all fronts, while the French, Austrians and Russians only get the points on their fronts, so their individual point total is much smaller than that of the Prussians.

I think that even if the Prussians are solidly beaten in the end, they will have more victory points than any of the individual opponents.

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 pm

HI

Could you please check the link to RC2 patch as I am getting document not found errors

regards

Mark

Ebbingford

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Isn't the official 1.11 on the main page the latest patch though? I think that is what you need not this release candidate.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Ruskolnikov
Sergeant

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Isn't the official 1.11 on the main page the latest patch though? I think that is what you need not this release candidate.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply

You are quite correct...just bought the game and saw the RC patches in the "how to improve" section
Looking a little further I see the official patch

regards

Mark

ifailmore
Sergeant

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 am

is this the latest patcth?

Carnium

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:50 pm

ifailmore wrote:is this the latest patcth?

It was officially released in December 2013.
Details here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?33802-Rise-of-Prussia-Gold-patch-1-11

Return to “Help to improve RoP”