Pocus

ROP Gold patch 1.11 Release candidate 1 (PUBLIC BETA PATCH)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am

Hi,

Here you go:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/Patch_ROPGold111rc1.zip

This is a public beta patch. Help us improve the game!

Rise of Prussia Gold Update 1.11 – RC1
October 16, 2013
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version, provided you own the Gold version.

Game logic
Fixed bug in combining units together.

AI
AI less aggressive in some instances.
AI form up brigades much more efficiently.
AI less prone to siege with cavalry.

Modding & Scripting
Diplomacy levels exported. Now it’s possible to have a separate value for sharing intelligence, passage rights and supply rights.

Scenarios & Campaigns
The multiplayers campaign has now the 3 allies not sharing field of view.

Graphics / Interface
Added missing filters and top bar graphics.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Carnium

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 am

Wow this is rather unexpected, but nevertheless great :w00t:

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am

I recently started a 3-player game with a preliminary patch scenario by Philtib that allowed Russians to move through Poland.

Can I safely apply this patch over my game and continue that PBEM?

Pocus

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:51 am

sure, there should be no adverse effects.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 pm

this patch includes the "preliminary patch" for the PM campaign ?

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Pocus

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:57 pm

yes, allies share supply and passage, but are not seeing each others troops, this is what we wanted in the first place.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

no changes for filters 5 and 6.

french texts for regional decisions Ok in my game (in mid english/french before)

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 pm

This was mentioned in another thread, but doesn't seem to have been fixed.

This problem didn't exist in the original version of ROP, but the Gold version created the problem.

FYI, this problem also existed in AJE but was eventually fixed.

This is actually a screenshot from an older version of AJE before the fix, but it exactly illustrates the problem in ROP.

When you click on the eagle itself there is no problem, but when you click on the figure next to the eagle, the eagle (or falcon or whatever it is) duplicates itself.

This was not fixed by the RC version of the new patch.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:17 pm

For the avoidance of doubt, here's a section of a screenshot from the latest RC candidate.

The duplicated bird problem arises when you click on the putto with the beach ball.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:18 pm

In my game i don't have this problem of duplicated bird. Only the problem of the filters on the map.

[/I]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:22 pm

And you probably didn't ever have it in AJE either. We have different operating systems and video cards, but mine (though slightly long in the tooth) is common enough that it needs to be accounted for (XP SP3 and Nvidia 8600).

If I recall it was easy enough to fix in AJE, so to the extent that the software is similar it may not be a problem in ROP.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Philippe wrote:And you probably didn't ever have it in AJE either. We have different operating systems and video cards, but mine (though slightly long in the tooth) is common enough that it needs to be accounted for (XP SP3 and Nvidia 8600).

If I recall it was easy enough to fix in AJE, so to the extent that the software is similar it may not be a problem in ROP.

Ah, just wait a few months and XP is obsolete.

Problem solved :wacko:

lecrop
Captain

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks for the patch :thumbsup:

XP SP3 with Intel Graphics Card, no duplicated bird's problem and the filters 5 & 6 bug continues.

Pocus

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:46 am

the duplicated bird is probably depending of resolution. What is the one used for people having this glitch?

What about filter 5-6 bug, can you explain? We have 8 buttons for filters right now.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:41 am

all the filter buttons works, 1 to 4, also the buttons 7 and 8. But the 5 and 6 (zone et théatre d'opérations) not at all, nothing in the map. I can't explain, sorry.

:wavey:

[/I]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 pm

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am using Windows XP SP3 and an NVidia GeForce 8600 GT video card.

My desktop setttings are 1152x864 at 75 herz with 32 bit color at 96 dpi.

I've just tried all the different resolution combinations and found that I can eliminate the duplicate bird if I use setting and refresh rates that are lower than the one my desktop runs at. Color depth doesn't seem to matter.

To be specific if I use the manual settings to run the game at 1024x768 resolution with either 16 or 32 bit color at 60 herz the bird doesn't duplicate itself when I click on the putto with the beach ball.

Having said that, the game doesn't look optimal at that setting, particularly when you are used to seeing things via a moderately high-end video card. There is a glitch in there that needs to be fixed, but if I lower the quality of the appearence, I can live with it. But the artwork doesn't look very good at the lower resolution.

On another topic, my buttons 5 and 6 don't work either, and I suspect it's not a graphic problem (1 through 4 and 7 and 8 work as expected).

I also glanced at the original glitch thread and note that the F1 through F6 buttons still remain on the screen when you open the ledger. Don't know if that was intended but it is very ugly. In addition, the long horizontal bands of text in the victory point screen still have grey as the background color. Don't know if that was intended, don't particularly like it, but can live with it (see the glitch thread for a screenshot). These last two are more questions of taste and aesthetics than functionality.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Pocus wrote:the duplicated bird is probably depending of resolution. What is the one used for people having this glitch?

What about filter 5-6 bug, can you explain? We have 8 buttons for filters right now.

This bug has been reported since the Gold version was first released. It was on top of the missing button boxes.

So you repaired the missing/non-fitting buttons, but the buttons 5 and 6 still don't show any overlay when you click them. They do show the title on top for a moment when you click them, so the buttons themselves do work, but the overlays are probably missing.

Maybe a resource that is missing from the distribution that is present on your PC?

(I am a programmer myself, and I am familiar with the "works on my machine" effects :bonk :) .

It is not a very serious bug, but probably easy to repair.

lecrop
Captain

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm

GC scenario, incorrect number of cities under control (6 not 7) & listed (19 not 20)

[ATTACH]25377[/ATTACH]
Attachments
20131017 RoP.jpg

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

And that is also a nice illustration of the last minor point that I mentioned.

Black text on a dark grey background is really hard to read. I guess I was expecting the background to be a light color and side-specific (e.g. light grey for Prussian control light, Naples yellow for Austrian control, powder puff blue or maybe buff white for French control, light green for Russian, medium blue or dark yellow for Swedish, mustard yellow for Saxon). Don't remember what the original had, but off-white will do nicely for everyone in a pinch.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Ha ! and I have 2 campaign 1757 in the list of scénarios.

[/I]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Just to be clear, my scenario list looks pretty much the way I would expect it to. I do indeed have two 1757 scenarios, but one of them is two-player and one is four-player, so they are different.

If you do indeed have duplicate scenarios, are they perhaps an artefact of your patching/installation history?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 pm

AI form up brigades much more efficiently.

This is great improvement. My Prussia game vs 3 AI is more challenging. AI stacks are in much better shape.
Related the ledger only AUS NM value is shown. About draft decision, it seems there is no negative effect when used in a city, fort. %5 MC gained easily in one turn and no effect in loyalty.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:10 am

A few remarks on the current version of the 4 player campaign:

- great that we are now able to play this campaign
- the AI still builds redoubts like crazy
- I see all siege icons on the map and get messages of breaches in far away sieges, so although I don't see troops, I get a general impression of what is going on, especially with the Military Control overlay. I don't mind this too much, but just mention it.
- I see all the regional decisions that are made, that gives me even more information. I also don't mind this so much.

Pocus

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:25 am

Hi gents,
I'm reading it all and will resume working on a new release candidate Monday probably. thanks for the input.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 pm

I wonder if the Reconnaissance Regional Decision does anything at all.

I have applied it numerous times, but I never saw the Military Control change a bit.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:48 pm

20% MC can be gained by reconnaissance.

Fulfilled objectives. AUS didn't surrender in 4 player scenario. Need to control strategic towns also?

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Baris wrote:20% MC can be gained by reconnaissance.

So what do I do wrong?

I have some cossacks stationary for one turn, while I have put the reconnaissance decision in a neighbouring and the same region without structure or enemy troops. I see the decision icon in the regions.

Next turn the icons are gone, and enemy MC is still at 100%.

Many times.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 pm

A remark about the AI:

The AI doesn't put conquered fortress guns into the structure but leaves them outside, or sometimes it tries to move them around at incredibly slow pace. Same with static supply stores. Are these things even supposed to move at all?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 pm

I think it is random roll for the light troops for reconnaissance decision to work. Related to AI, yes it would be better if they put guns inside structure with at least including a single brigade especially after they control objectives. Brigade composition and reorganizing brigade structure much more efficient even after heavy defeat so it would be much better to see French AI conquering Kassel but not going south to Nuremberg in which for objectives they have to go north.

Taciturn Scot
Sergeant

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:36 am

I played through the 'Marie Theresa at Bay' scenario yesterday and saw a couple of odd things. Playing as the Prussians I was notified that the French had entered on the Allied side but they never showed up for the fight at all. this was my first play of this scenario so I have no idea if the French are actually supposed to turn up. I got the impression that they were. And at some point half way through the game, I was given the option to buy French cavalry/artillery replacements (F3 screen?) in addition to the standards Prussian cavalry/artillery.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”