ribaluigi
Sergeant

RoP Gold Glitches

Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 am

Dear Ageod,

first of all thank you so much for having released this expansion for RoP.

This thread is just to summarize a couple of glitches I have found playing RoP Gold. I have attached a couple of pictures showing the "minor" glitches I have noticed. I hope that this can be useful in the development.

I am playing on Windows 7 64 bit and I have bought from Matrix games the RoP Gold UK. I have applied the Quick Fix you released last week.

1) F1, F2,...,F6 buttons cover the menu they open, i.e. they do not stay in the background;
2) the 2 brand new scenarios have no hint but just dots in the scenario selection;
3) in the scenario selection the 1757-64 scenario appears 2 times;
4) the update button in the menu does not work (i.e. it just open the browser);
5) I have ended with a stalemate the Maria Theresa at Bay scenario and the end screen is not displayed correctly;
6) if I click on the decision mode 2 hawks appear;
7) "Show political states" and show "political region" buttons do not work;
8) the clock on the top right of the screen does not tell you the turn number;
9) if I choose one decision by clicking on it, then the green terrain should always indicate where I can use this decision and should not change if I hover the mouse over another decision while I am still pressing it.

Best,

Luigi
Attachments
RoPd.jpg
RoPc.jpg
RoPb.jpg
RoPa.jpg

Templer
General

More Gold Glitches

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

More Gold glitches.
Hard to believe that all this will not be noticed to someone.
Attachments
ROP Graphic glitch.jpg
Greetings
Templer

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

This was solved in the latest patches/quick fixes.

bkosar19
Sergeant

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

The missing overlay buttons issue was resolved for me with the May quick fix.

Although I now have buttons for all the map overlays, the Political States (#5) and Grand Regions (#6) overlays have not functioned since ROP Gold even with the May and June quick fixes. If I press the map overlay button or the keyboard numbers for those two overlays nothing happens except for the small text appearing in the upper screen stating I'm using an overlay.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 pm

bkosar19 wrote:The missing overlay buttons issue was resolved for me with the May quick fix.

Although I now have buttons for all the map overlays, the Political States (#5) and Grand Regions (#6) overlays have not functioned since ROP Gold even with the May and June quick fixes. If I press the map overlay button or the keyboard numbers for those two overlays nothing happens except for the small text appearing in the upper screen stating I'm using an overlay.

Confirmed.

However, I am more worried about the status of the neutrals in the 4 party campaign, which seriously limits the strategic options for the French, and which makes the Russian advance almost impossible.

This makes me waiting for some form of fix, before seriously investing time in that campaign, which attracts me very much in itself.

Templer
General

And more Gold Glitches

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:19 pm

So, I reinstalled quickfix " ROP QwikFix for 1.04a - version 2= March 1, 2013" but the graphical bug is still there. :cursing:
An someone tell me please what this text means!
Attachments
ROP What this.jpg
Greetings

Templer

Templer
General

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Surprised I have now found another Quickfix (1.10) deeper in the forum.
I did not even have to be an Investigator with AGEOD examined patches in the forum, but also hobbyist so I can tinker my game together.

There is no fun and joyf for that I am very busy with too much tinkering.
I'm starting to regret that I have spent money for the gold expansion.

My game version is now ROP Gold QF 1.10.

And now I have this:
Attachments
ROP and more glitches.jpg
Greetings

Templer

Templer
General

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 pm

So, no more colors behind the text?
Attachments
ROP no color.jpg
Greetings

Templer

bkosar19
Sergeant

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:18 am

Templer wrote:So, I reinstalled quickfix " ROP QwikFix for 1.04a - version 2= March 1, 2013" but the graphical bug is still there. :cursing:
An someone tell me please what this text means!

ROP Gold was released as version 1.10. By "reinstalling" an older version of the game over 1.10 with that ROP QwikFix 1.04a, you may have caused a number of the glitches you're currently seeing.

You may have to reinstall ROP then install Gold and finally apply the June 14 Quickfix.

Dortmund
Colonel

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 pm

" wrote:However, I am more worried about the status of the neutrals in the 4 party campaign, which seriously limits the strategic options for the French, and which makes the Russian advance almost impossible.

This makes me waiting for some form of fix, before seriously investing time in that campaign, which attracts me very much in itself.

Yes, I am in the same situation. I was planning a 4 player campaign with 3 other forum members and we were advised about that problem... It seems the french and the russians are a bit cornered in that 4 player campaign, so we are waiting to see if in the future will be a fix that solves that problem (as well as the buttons for "political states" and "grand regions").

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Just did a clean install of ROP, followed by an application of the Matrix gold patch (which I downloaded yesterday), followed by the June 14 Quickfix. What I did not do was patch to 1.04 before applying the gold patch.

I haven't checked in detail, but the problems mentioned in this thread are still present.

Would I be wasting my time uninstalling, then doing a clean install, adding the latest patch, then adding the gold patch, then adding the quickfix?

The presence of these issues is almost as discouraging as the map errors that were never fixed. Brandenburg is NOT located due south of Berlin.

leftguard
Corporal

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 am

I just picked up Gold this weekend and installed in the same way as Phillipe above.

I'm playing the full campaign as Austria. One thing I spotted is that the old battle progress (green/red) likelihood of success indicator no longer displays - the overall display is there, just the green/red part is missing. In truth, I don't mind this too much, as it makes me study the battle progress text instead of watching the bar. But, seeing this thread I thought I'd point it out.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”