Die Zieten
Sergeant

Ferdinand of Brunswick

Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 pm

I dont know how ROP Gold rates him in the game but in case he is unchanged..

The man has been underrated in the game so far IMO, I dont know what would be the best solution, more abilities or better stats.

But i do think that he is not feared in the game like Fredrick is and in reality the French did not like fighting him at all.

His campaigns are truly amazing against all odds!

Maybe the event sending him to Hannover should include some new abilities, so there is clear incentive to send him?

Opinions on the man and how the game treats him? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Ferdinand_of_Brunswick-Wolfenb%C3%BCttel

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Ferdinand_of_Brunswick

Doctorius
Conscript

Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

I know what you mean :) But improving his stats or abilities would make prussian Generals even more superior... What do you think should his stats/abilities be?
After reading your sources and taking my german sources into consideration, i think a strategic rating of 6 +
Good Army Admin
The leader is appreciated by his men, as he cares about their well-being. If the commander, provides a +15% increase in the fatigue recovery rate of units under his command
would be fair for both him and the austrian forces ;)

Die Zieten
Sergeant

Sat May 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Doctorius wrote:I know what you mean :) But improving his stats or abilities would make prussian Generals even more superior... What do you think should his stats/abilities be?

Well the Hannoverian troops are not Prussian quality so giving him abilities if you transfer him is not IMO not wrong, the cost for the tranfer is 10NM and you get a general that has lower stats than many other generals.

People are using Frederick or Keith in Hannover, that cant be right either. :confused:

But his transfer to Hannover is also historically too early propably because the Hannoverian capitulation event is not used.
Maybe the transfer should be later and make the Allies really want him to come and take command.

Possible abilities.

For his deep and fast campaigns even in winter.

Master Logistician

Reduces consumption of General Supply by 25%. Applies to all elements in the Unit. If the commander,
25% reduction applies to all elements in the Force.

For his ability to get the most out of his only army, always smaller in size to the enemy.

Charismatic

This leader has a charismatic aura. If the commander, provides +5 maximum Cohesion and a +25%
increase in the fatigue recovery rate of units under his command.

This is just the best fitting from the abilities list in the manual, he was the boss and he made that army what is was. So without him present you are fighting a different army.

Doctorius
Conscript

Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Die Zieten wrote:Well the Hannoverian troops are not Prussian quality so giving him abilities if you transfer him is not IMO not wrong, ...

Good point, I agree :)

Return to “Help to improve RoP”