loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

bug with siege at Stettin

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi

this looks a bit like the bug that sometimes appeared in 1.03 (ie the bug that Narwhal reported here). I have attached the saves for two turns. Battle Turn#1 has a siege of Stettin with my Prussians gaiing a second breach and assaulting. First battle is as expected but then that last artillery unit is immune and triggers battle round after battle round but the fort doesn't fall.

[ATTACH]21268[/ATTACH][ATTACH]21269[/ATTACH]

Just as a test I reran the turn and almost exactly the same - I think the second run the last Russian unit was only 17 men but it still replenished every combat round

ta
Attachments
battle turn 1.zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
battle turn 0.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 258 times

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm

I've done some more testing for solutions, even deleting the fortress guns in the city from the order file. If the Prussians assault, any artillery left in the city becomes immortal (even the corps guns when the rest of the formation is destroyed).

edit - just seen the thread in AJE reporting what seems to be a similar problem

lodilefty

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

loki100 wrote:I've done some more testing for solutions, even deleting the fortress guns in the city from the order file. If the Prussians assault, any artillery left in the city becomes immortal (even the corps guns when the rest of the formation is destroyed).

edit - just seen the thread in AJE reporting what seems to be a similar problem

Known bug, stay tuned [seen in RUS also]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Well, I'm not too sure there is a bug here except that assault should have been probably called off at some point and it was not, so it gave way to a long battle not achieving anything but noises and shouts.

Before assault, you order assault with 4 stacks, that have barely any ammos, and most artilleries don't have cohesion either. Against that (you get 5% hit probability) you have Chuvalov artillery brigade with 11 depleted elements or so. After battle, only 4 elements remain.

Given the crappy hit probability, and the fact I checked the log seeing nothing obvious, I think that it is rather consistent.

I think there is a bug about 'immortal units' possibly in others games or situations, but not here, your problem is not this 'immortal' bug. As I said, assault should have been called off at some point, I'll check why it did not.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 pm

as ever, thank you, so grateful for the level of support provided, even if the problem is more individualised ...

in the same save, my opponent struck at Berlin and the siege ended just with my siege guns holding the fort. I believe he didn't use 'all out assault' so that maybe WAD (in terms of the stances adopted) but it maybe that Russian assault would give you your test if you flipped his stance to all-out to see if the siege/combat sequence carried on? I'm probably not making much sense ...

Pocus

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm

A new rule has been added that Steve will explain or 'wikify' soon, it is about calling off attacks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm

VigaBrand wrote:And is it now a bug or not? Its very hard, because he level all his commanders and get mass of national morale.

It's a bug, and a fix is in process. Please be patient...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ashandresash
Captain

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

lodilefty wrote:It's a bug, and a fix is in process. Please be patient...

Thanks for this practically permanent support, and for keeping us informed.

As this bug is AFAIK affecting other AGEOD games, do you think it'd be released before or at least when Birth of Rome (incoming expansion for AJE) is available? I'm aching to play new scenarios, Punic Wars in special.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”