lodilefty

ROP {Public beta} Patch 1.04 RC1 = October 15, 2012

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 pm

For your enjoyment!

• Game Engine [updated to version 121011]
    • You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Cavalry alone can no longer assault Forts
    • Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.02]
      • Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • Fixed bug of a leader removed from his parent unit, corrupting the unit he is in.
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • Corrected display of Costs to Construct in the Element Detail window [thank you AJE team!]
    • Fixed a display issue with the animated battle gauge where a leader portrait could appear erroneously.
    • Leaders killed in battles while embedded in an unit (corps commander e.g) won’t cause recombination problems anymore.
    • If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
    • A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
    • If you have suffered from the loyalty bug, you can bring the console and type ‘CleanupLoyalty’. On next turn processing, odd loyalties will start to be removed. This will use the same logic as in the line before, only 100 times faster.
    • Added Overcrowding rule:
      • The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
      • See Wiki article at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule
    • Exported additional Game Setting parameters
      • Screener, Disrupter and Rout Damage limits [in GameLogic.opt]
    • Enabled Main Menu option: Dynamic Borders to view the boundary between controlled areas. [may affect map scrolling speed]
    • Enabled Main Menu option: switch to 120DPI fonts [for higher resolution displays]
    • Assault Phase of combat will be skipped in Round 1 of all combat
  • Events

• Sanitation Event will no longer select a Fixed group
    • Added Palatinate Elite replacements: 1 chit twice per year starting late in 1756
    • 1756 Campaign:

• Saxon Capitulation “Trigger event” will occur with 75% probability once stated requirements are met [was 100%].
    • 1756 and 1757 Campaigns:

• AUS gets a free Depot at Wierzbolow when Russians land at Memel
    • 1762 Campaign:

• Removed events causing duplicated leaders
  • Database

• Corrected Seaman ability to give bonus in water regions and transition links
    • “Northerner” ability now defined as Swedish territory [was Northern Germany]

• Bergen, Wolgast, Greifswald, Grimmen, Stralsund, Wismar, Karlskrona, Sweden, Christianstadt, Simmersharen, Malmoe, Lund, Helsinborg
    • All Swedish forces now have “Northerner” malus [penalty to parameters when outside the “Northerner” area]
    • Changed AUS and SAX Insurrecto Infantry model to be Militia [not Line]. Also fixed the Unit symbols for all Insurrecto Infantry units to indicate “Home” areas.
    • Models and Units for 1740 are included to facilitate future expansions.
  • Text

• Latest version of LocalStrings__AGE.csv
    • Text strings for Merchandises localized
  • AI

• Corrected a minor bug in Winter Quarters aggression events
    • Added AI Winter Quarters activation parameter
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Thank you very much for maintaining this game up to date. Could you please tell us if there are any news about the new scenarios?

Narwhal

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you Lodilefty.

I cannot test it yet (tough week at work, as I am back from work), but from the patch notes -

In RUS, you corrected that bug :

Fixed the exploit where a newly built unit could be incorporated into a Division, whereby the cost to build was immediately refunded

That bug also exists in ROP. Would it e possible to correct it in the next patch ?
[[url]http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24641-Infinite-Manpower-bug][/url]

Also, as the Saxons move slower than the Prussians, is there a way to have the Saxon in the Prussian army have another color than the Prussians ?

Thank you.

lodilefty

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Narwhal wrote:Thank you Lodilefty.

I cannot test it yet (tough week at work, as I am back from work), but from the patch notes -

In RUS, you corrected that bug :

That bug also exists in ROP. Would it e possible to correct it in the next patch ?
[[url]http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24641-Infinite-Manpower-bug][/url]

Also, as the Saxons move slower than the Prussians, is there a way to have the Saxon in the Prussian army have another color than the Prussians ?

Thank you.

That build exploit should also be fixed for RoP [same engine!]

Saxons are Saxons. IIRC, the Prussians move faster than everybody.
Saxons are supposed to be a different color....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 pm

lodilefty wrote:That build exploit should also be fixed for RoP [same engine!]

Saxons are Saxons. IIRC, the Prussians move faster than everybody.
Saxons are supposed to be a different color....

Saxons pressed into Prussian services are Prussian blue, and as far as I know (this would need a better tracking than I ever did), use Prussian chits.

I am OK with the Prussian chits (impact is minimal), but them being of the same color and slowing the stack needs careful micromanagement.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Thank you very much.

I really like the opportunity of zoom out more than before. Now I finally can see the whole map if I want.

Best,

Luigi

Sorel
Captain

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Narwhal wrote:Saxons pressed into Prussian services are Prussian blue, and as far as I know (this would need a better tracking than I ever did), use Prussian chits.

I am OK with the Prussian chits (impact is minimal), but them being of the same color and slowing the stack needs careful micromanagement.

Yes, they indeed use Prussian chits.

Sorel
Captain

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I´m afraid that something could be wrong with the Pirna event in this patch. Some patches ago, the probability of the capitulation to happen was increased from to 75 to 100%; at least, that says the updates pdf file. But it didn´t happen for me in a game with the 1.04 RC 1 (having at least 95% MC in Pirna and the three road regions). I read the .txt event file, and IIR, the probability is 75 (but I´m not very good trying to understand the code).

Could anyone confirm (or disregard) this?

Narwhal

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:41 pm

It was changed back to 75%, as announced by Lodi.

Last time I checked, the text in red when you open the scenario had not change, and was quite confusing.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Unfortunately I can not upload the save file as there is problem uploading any file or picture to internet, but here is the situation:
Heinrich and Keith(same army) assaulting (after breach) Prag while Daun in defence:

Day 1: 56973 men(Pru) 28510(Aus) committing:
7368 lost(Pru) 18192 lost(Aus) after battle. Prussia gaining 7 NM after battle.

Day 2: 1509 men(Pru) 6970(Aus) lost. Prussia gain another 7 NM.
Day 5: 169 men(Pru) 122(Aus) lost. Prussia gain 5 NM.
Day 6: 17 men(Pru) 122(Aus) lost. Prussia gain 0 NM.

Beginning of Day 8 both sides have 0 ammo.
Day 8: 52 men(Pru)121 (Aus) lost. Prussia lose 9 NM.
Day 9: 47 men(Pru) 121(Aus)lost. Prussia lose 13 NM
Day 10: 76 men(Pru)116(Aus) lost. Prussia lose 11 NM
and a couple more battles in the same region big NM losses for Prussia.

In the next game turn Both Heinrich and Keith stacks had 0 cohesion and Daun's army was totally destroyed in Prag unlike Prussian stacks. There was no massage in the log about calling of attack because of low cohesion. So they fight to the end. As they were very aggressive? with 6-7 rating in offense. Did it create a bug?

Those battles helped to improve AUS NM by 40 points.

lodilefty

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Baris wrote:Unfortunately I can not upload the save file as there is problem uploading any file or picture to internet, but here is the situation:
Heinrich and Keith(same army) assaulting (after breach) Prag while Daun in defence:

Day 1: 56973 men(Pru) 28510(Aus) committing:
7368 lost(Pru) 18192 lost(Aus) after battle. Prussia gaining 7 NM after battle.

Day 2: 1509 men(Pru) 6970(Aus) lost. Prussia gain another 7 NM.
Day 5: 169 men(Pru) 122(Aus) lost. Prussia gain 5 NM.
Day 6: 17 men(Pru) 122(Aus) lost. Prussia gain 0 NM.

Beginning of Day 8 both sides have 0 ammo.
Day 8: 52 men(Pru)121 (Aus) lost. Prussia lose 9 NM.
Day 9: 47 men(Pru) 121(Aus)lost. Prussia lose 13 NM
Day 10: 76 men(Pru)116(Aus) lost. Prussia lose 11 NM
and a couple more battles in the same region big NM losses for Prussia.

In the next game turn Both Heinrich and Keith stacks had 0 cohesion and Daun's army was totally destroyed in Prag unlike Prussian stacks. There was no massage in the log about calling of attack because of low cohesion. So they fight to the end. As they were very aggressive? with 6-7 rating in offense. Did it create a bug?

Those battles helped to improve AUS NM by 40 points.

Without a save it's hard to tell, but it again points out that it is suicide to be trapped inside a structure [can't retreat]

Guess: High quality PRU troops, good leaderrs and all-out ROE could be why. There is a "gap" in days where cohesion could be restored enough...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I managed to upload to this site but no luck uploading the backup

http://s3.dosya.tc/server5/WrxJZo/Campaign56-630.rar.html

There are battles until day 15 in Prag.
Similarly Frederick assault in TAbor did create the similar problem but not in this save file.

In some battles huge NM loss for Prussia while fighting only against 4 field artilery elements.

lodilefty

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Large nasty battles aren't new in ROP

Prolly needs a thorough DB overhaul, or a nice mod!
No resources are readily available right now to do this, unless someone changes priorities... :siffle:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Yes but only one field artilery unit causing total 45+ plus NM loss to Prussia. I can't remember but were they able to fire before when there are no supporting infantry. or was there a rule change for capturing artilery?

lodilefty

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 pm

No changes were made for capture....

Note that the "skip assault in first round" has caused wierdness, and is recinded in the official patch.
...may be at the root of the issue...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”