lodilefty

ROP {public beta) patch 1.03 Release Candidate 6 November 30, 2011

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:05 pm

For your enjoyment!

Comprehensive Patch: all changes since 1.01b are included.

<link removed>

[CENTER]Rise of Prussia Update 1.03 – RC6[/CENTER]
November 30, 2011
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.
RC6 changes hilighted in blue.

Game logic
  • ZOC don’t prevent retreat anymore
  • Retreat damages algorithm improved with variables exported for modding (see AGE Wiki)
  • It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
  • If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
  • If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
  • Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).
  • You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
  • This is to prevent serious problems for the AI that has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI: She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y!
  • Fixed Major Roads to function properly

Special Orders
  • You can now build fortified camps at the cost of 1 supply + 1 artillery element
  • Cavalry is more impaired by difficult terrains and well organized infantry.
  • Bug fixed regarding depot construction and supply unit usage.
  • Losing depleted elements will cost less morale.
  • Production time calculation revised (again). A unit with a Build Rate of 100 should be unlocked in one turn
AI
  • AI will be less aggressive (parameters exported for modding)
  • AI will regroup better corps with army HQ (‘flocking behavior’)
  • New AI algorithm: concentrate, can apply to all threatened stacks.
  • Leaders now redeploy slightly better toward candidate stacks
  • It is now possible to define an affinity for each leader toward certain stacks (modding)
  • Fixed: Theaters ratio miscalculated sometime, leading to too aggressive behaviors in some cases.
  • Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
  • the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.
  • New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness
  • Fixed syntax errors in AIFocus_OMB.inc (incorrect usage of Theaters and Areas)
  • Corrected several Alias errors in the AI event files

Modding & Scripting
  • Commander in chief class ability added
  • Prisoners scripts commands added

Events
  • Modified error on Prussian general Lolhöffel
  • Added Clovis' Winter quarters and Balances files for AI
  • Fixed leaderless Swedish brigade in reinforcement
  • Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year, plus an automatic militia into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level
  • Removed Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
  • Added Supply replacements
  • Fixed arrival of Prince William when Zastrow has already been killed. Will join largest Force in Hannover/WestFalen/Bremen extended areas (defined by Area $Hannover_Territory)
  • Fixed Ferdinand of Brunswick multiple choice event to not trigger if Ferdinand has already been promoted to 3 Star General
  • Fixed lack of message to AUS player when Browne dies. Modified death event so it cannot occur until Browne is replaced by Charles
  • Extended “VP Balance” events through the end of 1763
  • Reduced quantity of ongoing Light Infantry replacements
  • Added check for existing Leader for all purchase Leader Options
  • Fixed duplicate Soltikov events
  • Reworked Saxon Capitulation events
  • Now only the 3 road regions leading to Pirna must be controlled
  • Dresden
  • Radeburg
  • Dippoldiswalde
  • Probability once regions are controlled is now 100% (was 75%, causing reports that event wasn't working)
  • Capitulation must occur before the end of 1756 (was through April 1757)
  • When requirements are met, a line message will warn players that capitulation will occur the next turn
  • Reminder: if Prussia is AI, capitulation can also occur if less than 24 SAX Elements are remaining in Saxony Theater.
  • Simplified the Pass Blocked icon system to only show icons in the actual regions that are Passes
  • Corrected several region Alias errors in 1757, Pass Blocked, Balances, and RoP Options Reinforcement event files

[color=#280099]Setups[/color]
  • Added some additional annual Heavy Cav replacements for all nations
  • Removed useless AUS Skirmisher replacements
  • Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) and modified all scenarios accordingly (saves not compatibles)
  • Fixed duplicate Dyhern & co (3 brigades) wrongly setup in Alsace in 1756 scenario. These units now appear with the 1757 Event 'Armée La Dauphine'
  • Corrected Unit name Braunschweig-Behr I. inthe 1756 Setup

DB
  • Corrected *pillager* attribute to light infantry and cavalry for petty war (Klein Krieg) purpose
  • fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
  • fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
  • Added Merchantships (for naval supply)
  • Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
  • Added missing minor river link Between Kolin and Chemlitz
  • Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
  • Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers
  • Corrected missing fire damage for Hussars & Carabiniers
  • Brunn region terrain changed
  • von Nostitz changed
  • Fortress Artillery changed family to Heavy Artillery (for replacements)
  • Corrected “Military Genius” ability/icon for Friedrich II von Preussen model (Ability alias was misspelled)

[color=#280099]Graphics / Interface[/color]
  • Fixed missing HorseGrenadier Army picture for Russia
  • Fixed missing images for French Chasseurs de Fisher and Saint-Victor events
  • Fixed missing images for Saint-Victor and Fischer French events
  • Changed wrong Wedell army pictures
  • battle scale is back
  • Abilities cleared correctly (graphic glitch) when viewing a model with less abilities than the previous.
  • Updated Pictures for leaders:
  • AUS: Ried, Buckow, d'Ursel and Neipperg,
  • BRU: Frederick Augustus of Brunswick,
  • PRU: Belling, Prittwitz, Stutterheim, Lentulus, Itzenplitz, Zastrow and Möllendorf.
  • RUS: Kashkin and Mordvinov
  • FRA: Voyer
  • SWE: Hessenstein
  • Changed unit graphic for British Fusillers
  • Fixed leader graphics display
  • PRU: von Platen
  • Fixed Town name and region control icon displays
  • Can now abort a unit construction by exiting “build mode”, selecting it and hitting the <Delete> key.
  • there is a more detailed tooltip on the entrench level icon
  • abilities tooltip have their appliance level added by code.
  • Fixed appearance of Element Detail window (thank you: Spada)
Strings
  • Several minor string corrections
  • More French leaders bios added
  • German language version corrections and additions
  • Added missing strings for “Replacements Conversion” Options
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Dear Ageod developers ,

I would like to report a couple of minor ui problems that persists in rop 1.03 rc6 version.

1) the "tooltip that informs players of the turns remaining in the scenario being played" indicated in page 16, point 4.1.1 , 4 of the ROP manual is no more present.

2) there are 3 grey words on the top of the screen IbMMI1, IbMMI2, IbMMI3 (picture)

3) in the scenario selection menù the button "show tutorial scenario" does not work;

4) the green/red ratio scale in the battle circle does not work properly. In fact, it is not displayed.

Hope this could help,

Luigi

Spada
Private

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 pm

ribaluigi wrote:Dear Ageod developers ,

I would like to report a couple of minor ui problems that persists in rop 1.03 rc6 version.

1) the "tooltip that informs players of the turns remaining in the scenario being played" indicated in page 16, point 4.1.1 , 4 of the ROP manual is no more present.

2) there are 3 grey words on the top of the screen IbMMI1, IbMMI2, IbMMI3 (picture)

3) in the scenario selection menù the button "show tutorial scenario" does not work;

4) the green/red ratio scale in the battle circle does not work properly. In fact, it is not displayed.

Hope this could help,

Luigi

About your last point (hosting scale) if you go to <Rise of Prussia directory>\ROP\Graphics\FrontEnd\HostingScale\ there are a series of files named Hosting_scale_xx.png where xx is a number from 0 to 95.

Rename all the files from Hosting_scale_xx.png to Hosting_scalexx.png, just delete that last underscore. Don`t modify the Hosting_scale-bg .png file.

It seems that the last patches are not renaming or installing these files with the correct names.

BigDuke66
General

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 pm

What does "Fixed Major Roads to function properly" now look like?

I attached a new file for the model window, I made the name field much bigger.
Not sure how long the names can be but I hope it will be enough for the names that are used now, the original graphic is unfortunately not big enough for some names.
I hope this file makes it into the next patch.
Attachments
ModelDetailsBack.png
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

lodilefty

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:28 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:What does "Fixed Major Roads to function properly" now look like?

I attached a new file for the model window, I made the name field much bigger.
Not sure how long the names can be but I hope it will be enough for the names that are used now, the original graphic is unfortunately not big enough for some names.
I hope this file makes it into the next patch.

I'll double check the graphic and include if OK. :thumbsup: :coeurs:

hehe, Major Roads were not giving the proper move benefit. :blink:
Algorithm in the game engine is fixed.

From Terrains&Movements.opt on \Settings:

// ********************************************************
// Movement costs of roads and major roads
// ********************************************************
terNewRoadCalc = 1 // we blend formulas (or not)
terPercCostRealTrack = 050 // coeff to real terrain cost
terPercCostRealRoad = 033 // same, roads
terPercCostRealMajorRoad = 020 // same, major roads (always directional)
terPercCostClearTrack = 150 // coeff to Clear terrain cost
terPercCostClearRoad = 100 // same, roads
terPercCostClearMajorRoad = 066 // same, major roads (always directional)
terPercCostPercUseClear = 050 // We use 50% of the clear terrain cost formula and 50% of the real terrain cost formula (if terNewRoadCalc = 1)

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 am

Spada wrote:About your last point (hosting scale) if you go to <Rise of Prussia directory>\ROP\Graphics\FrontEnd\HostingScale\ there are a series of files named Hosting_scale_xx.png where xx is a number from 0 to 95.

Rename all the files from Hosting_scale_xx.png to Hosting_scalexx.png, just delete that last underscore. Don`t modify the Hosting_scale-bg .png file.

It seems that the last patches are not renaming or installing these files with the correct names.

Thank so much.

Are there any news about the first three points? There will be fixed?

Best,

Luigi

Spada
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:54 am

Point 1) and 3), don’t remember seeing them working ever, but I have not used all different versions.
About the 3 grey words try with this file, it changes the transparency of the letters. Make a backup of your original file, and copy it to <Rise of Prussia directory>\ROP\FrontEnd.
Attachments
GUITopBarUpg.rar
(886 Bytes) Downloaded 244 times

BigDuke66
General

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:29 am

Can anyone give me the info what the color stands for what link if using Shift button?
Do I assume correctly this:
Brown = region to region across terrain
Grey = region to region over pass, road & major road
Light blue = region to region crossing a river
Dark blue = region to river

If this is correct it looks to me like certain links have to be corrected.
Example is Dippoldiswalde to Lobositz what looks like Region to Region over major road but instead of grey it shows me brown.
Same for Koeniggratz, the link to Nachod is major road but shows brown and the link to Hohenelbe is cross terrain but is grey, that explains also why my forces retreating out of Koeniggratz moved to Hohenelbe instead of Nachod.

Spada
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:23 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Can anyone give me the info what the color stands for what link if using Shift button?
Do I assume correctly this:
Brown = region to region across terrain
Grey = region to region over pass, road & major road
Light blue = region to region crossing a river
Dark blue = region to river

If this is correct it looks to me like certain links have to be corrected.
Example is Dippoldiswalde to Lobositz what looks like Region to Region over major road but instead of grey it shows me brown.
Same for Koeniggratz, the link to Nachod is major road but shows brown and the link to Hohenelbe is cross terrain but is grey, that explains also why my forces retreating out of Koeniggratz moved to Hohenelbe instead of Nachod.

Grey is for impassable terrain althought is too used for mountain pass, probably as a warning that the region can be blocked.

BigDuke66
General

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 am

Oh in that case the question extends to the retreat routine, why does a stack retreat over a grey instead of brown route?

Look at first screenshot, the big stack in the North at Hohenelbe retreated from Koeniggratz the link between them is grey, I expected him to retreat to the east to Nachod were the link is brown, but really strange is that when looking on the second screenshot you see that there seems to be no direct route between Hohenelbe & Koeniggratz at least the cavalry wants to move over Koeniginhof to Koeniggratz.
Overall very confusing. :bonk:
Attachments
ROP2.jpg
ROP1.jpg

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:05 am

Spada wrote:Point 1) and 3), don’t remember seeing them working ever, but I have not used all different versions.
About the 3 grey words try with this file, it changes the transparency of the letters. Make a backup of your original file, and copy it to <Rise of Prussia directory>\ROP\FrontEnd.

Dear Spada,

thanks to your suggestions points 2) and 4) are correctly overcome.

Seems to me the that 1) and 3) nver worked too. Hope that it can be solved in next patch.

Best,

Luigi

Spada
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 am

To be a bit more clear, the grey link is used for mountain pass always not only when is blocked. It seems the retreat routine does not make any different if the link is grey or brown.

These are the parameters used (Control&Retreat.opt file in settings directory):

ctlContested = 5 // Minimum control gained upon entering a region (if not passive)
ctlAllowRetreat = 0 // Minimum control to have in a region to allow a retreat into it
ctlRetreatAdjCity = 5 // Interest in retreating toward a region with a city (per level)
ctlRetreatAdjFort = 30 // Interest in retreating toward a region with a fort (per level)
ctlRetreatAdjDepot = 25 // Interest in retreating toward a region with a depot (per level)
ctlRetreatLandLink = 10 // Interest in retreating toward a region, value per land link
ctlRetreatPrevSubSpaceCoeffH = 250 // Coefficient applied to the interest if the region is the one where we are coming from
cltRetPenaltyPerNmySU = 4 // retreat penalty (in interest pts) for each nmy SU in retreating region
ctlNoBeachHead = 10 // Minimum control to have so that a region is not a beach/riverhead if you have to cross a body of water before attacking

cbtRetreatMax = 100 // Max retreat chance
cbtRetreatBaseCoeff = 50 // base damage coefficient to retreat global formula
cbtRetreatCoeffChangeRnd = 10 // +10% retreat damage per round after the first
cbtRetreatCoeffBaseSize = 75 // 75 SU don't change damages because of size of retreater
cbtRetreatMoreSizeChunk = 1 // each 1 SU above BaseSize (75) leads to +1 damage %
cbtRetreatLessSizeChunk = 1 // each 1 SU under BaseSize (75) leads to -1 damage % (so 1 SU retreating = -74% damages)
cbtRetreatMaxSizeMod = 200 // Can't take more than 200% of damages because of big size
cbtRetreatMinSizeMod = 25 // Can't take less than 25% of damages because of small size

lodilefty

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:47 pm

ribaluigi wrote:Dear Ageod developers ,

Hope this could help,

Luigi

1) We're looking at this.

2) Spada's fix will be included in next update. :thumbsup:

3) I never noticed! :( With so few scenarios, and clearly marked Tutorial Scenarios, this may not get fixed. If it's something that does not require dev time, then I'll try. :)

4) Spada's fix will be included in next update. :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Dear lodilefty,

thank so much for your disposability,

This beautiful support makes me love your games. I will continue buying Ageod products and suggest them to others.

Luigi

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks ,

With a quick look I think prussian grenadiers and infantry are losing strenght points when there is insufficient money. Most of the Prussian army had 1 strenght elements of units in a few turns advancing in the campaign.

lodilefty

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Baris wrote:Thanks ,

With a quick look I think prussian grenadiers and infantry are losing strenght points when there is insufficient money. Most of the Prussian army had 1 strenght elements of units in a few turns advancing in the campaign.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:
Could you post a screenshot or upload saved game?

Um, are you running advanced attrition?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 pm

lodilefty wrote:
Um, are you running advanced attrition?

No I think it is PON attrition :D
In the message log it says ex: 98 units couldn't pay the upkeep for Prussians.

Edit: It is realistic but it will be difficult to play with historical attrition in ROP due to money and replacement shortages.

lodilefty

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:14 pm

lodilefty wrote:1) We're looking at this.

2) Spada's fix will be included in next update. :thumbsup:

3) I never noticed! :( With so few scenarios, and clearly marked Tutorial Scenarios, this may not get fixed. If it's something that does not require dev time, then I'll try. :)

4) Spada's fix will be included in next update. :love:

3) Is fixed for next update. :D (Actually, we removed the button)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Baris wrote:No I think it is PON attrition :D
In the message log it says ex: 98 units couldn't pay the upkeep for Prussians.

Edit: It is realistic but it will be difficult to play with historical attrition in ROP due to money and replacement shortages.

Not WAD :(

Try this:
Extract into your ROP\Settings folder
One file will be overwritten
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:10 pm

lodilefty wrote:Not WAD :(

Try this:
Extract into your ROP\Settings folder
One file will be overwritten

Unfortunately it didn't solve.
I try playing as Austrians with historical attrition only to player. But Prussia AI lose troops with a message log" X brigade partially operational, lacked assets "
Edit: Historical or standard attrition or also use alot of concript companies a turn that it is not possible to build a depot bns in each turn.

BigDuke66
General

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Indeed since I restarted for testing purpose every turn I see the first two messages, see first screenshot.

Also did more things change with the latest RC?
For now I only see blocked symbols on the passes(I like it that way makes the map much clearer to view) but they don't seem to be blocked anymore I can move a normal Korps(infantry, artillery, etc.) into it.

What is really strange you can see on the second screenshot, a cavalry unit in Zwickau should move to Chemnitz and from there south but see how the path is made, it circles around the mountains and prohibits the direct patch between Chemnitz & Freiberg, but not only this it also blocks the direct route between Aue & Freiberg and moves from Aue back to Marienberg and then on to Freiberg.
Similar the cavalry unit on the third screen shot, it can't move south from Zwickau to Greitz instead in circles all around to Oelsnitz but from thee it also can't move into Greitz.
On top of this the Korps in Chemnitz can move directly in to Freiberg on to Aue and also back, in this case the links seem to work like they should.
Not sure what's wrong with the two cavalry units but one thing could be that for those light cavalry units the pass locations were never blocked even when blocked.

@Spada
Yea now it's clear why the stack retreated in that direction, Schweidnitz is closer and also has a bigger Fort.
Could a check be added if moved is possible at all?
I'm mean like it's now the stacks retreat in directions that shouldn't work at all because these move aren't possible, at least when trying to do the manually it moves over a different path back to the region where it retreated from.
Attachments
ROP5.jpg
ROP4.jpg
ROP3.jpg

lodilefty

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Indeed since I restarted for testing purpose every turn I see the first two messages, see first screenshot.

Also did more things change with the latest RC?
For now I only see blocked symbols on the passes(I like it that way makes the map much clearer to view) but they don't seem to be blocked anymore I can move a normal Korps(infantry, artillery, etc.) into it.

What is really strange you can see on the second screenshot, a cavalry unit in Zwickau should move to Chemnitz and from there south but see how the path is made, it circles around the mountains and prohibits the direct patch between Chemnitz & Freiberg, but not only this it also blocks the direct route between Aue & Freiberg and moves from Aue back to Marienberg and then on to Freiberg.
Similar the cavalry unit on the third screen shot, it can't move south from Zwickau to Greitz instead in circles all around to Oelsnitz but from thee it also can't move into Greitz.
On top of this the Korps in Chemnitz can move directly in to Freiberg on to Aue and also back, in this case the links seem to work like they should.
Not sure what's wrong with the two cavalry units but one thing could be that for those light cavalry units the pass locations were never blocked even when blocked.

@Spada
Yea now it's clear why the stack retreated in that direction, Schweidnitz is closer and also has a bigger Fort.
I'm mean like it's now the stacks retreat in directions that shouldn't work at all because these move aren't possible, at least when trying to do the manually it moves over a different path back to the region where it retreated from.

I tried to recreate this, but my weather rolls have been "mild" and I can't get severe weather to occur... :blink:

Please upload saved game showing what you see in the screenshots.
For reference:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Spada
Private

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Lodilefty, I am seeing many entries in the BlockedPasses.sct file like this:
StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_ReichenbergPassBlock|0|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Is this WAD? Should not be this instead:
StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_ReichenbergPassBlock|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

BigDuke66 wrote:@Spada

Don't know, I've never seen a unit retreting into a region it can not manually being moved. Maybe what you are seeing is that, I think, blocked passes are not working at the moment.

lodilefty

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Spada wrote:Lodilefty, I am seeing many entries in the BlockedPasses.sct file like this:
StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_ReichenbergPassBlock|0|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Is this WAD? Should not be this instead:
StartEvent = evt_nam_CMN_ReichenbergPassBlock|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

WAD. Those are the "entry" regions where the graphic was confusing. Turned off to clean things up. Once we're sure we like it, I'll delete them to save CPU cycles. :)

A point of order:

The events you see in BlockedPasses.sct control only the Dynamic Graphic symbol.

Looking under the hood:

The actual movement control through a Pass (or anywhere, actually) is inherent in each Region file, as a combination of Terrain and JumpLinks. (Jumplinks are the thingies we add in ExMap. They are what create all those different colored lines you see when you press <Shift> with a selected (non-Army leader) unit

Terrain = Mountain (usually)
Pass jumplink = Link 2 regions: regulates the Mountain Pass (reduces travel time in good weather, blocks it in severe)
Crest jumplink= Link 2 regions: allows some movement in good weather, but increases move time. (?This allows you to "force" a move to go around an enemy who is blocking the pass)

Theoretically, the patch changed nothing with the terrain and links, but I'm worried that the MajorRoad fix (a TransLink, another story another day) messed up the JumpLink interpretation.

I hope you are now as confused as I was when I started messing with these during WIA development.... :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Spada
Private

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 pm

More clear in fact. :)
Now I am almost sure mountain passes are not WAD or something is wrong with my game. In this savegame all the passes in the game are blocked (which is usually rare), but is possible to trace a movement path to them except with Frederick stack that cannot trace a path to some mountain passes but it is ok to others.

Edit: Sorry, forget what I said. I tried with different stacks and although it let you plot the moves, the stacks bounce back after the resolution of the turn. So WAD.

boudi

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Sorry but what do you mean by "WAD" ??? Developped as purpose , an idea like that ? (english is not my native language, but you know it. :D )

PhilThib

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 pm

WAD = Working As Designed ...autrement dit "ca marche comme prévu"....

Spada, even if passes are blocked, some units can still use them: these are the very light foot infantry and some kind of light cav (more or less raiders kind of troops), while the bulk of the average troops cannot.... this is WAD..

Now in case you have doubts, send saves to Lodi ;)

BigDuke66
General

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:03 pm

BigDuke66
General

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 pm

I now checked the strange retreat too and it seems to be the same problem.
The light cavalry can't move directly from the pass region at Hohenelbe to Koeniggratz instead it has to move over Koeniginhof but the infantry units in Koeniggratz can move directly to Hohenelbe what shouldn't be possible.
Even when the light cavalry is in Koeniggratz it can't move directly to Hohenelbe it has to move again over Koeniginhof.
Here is a save for this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1cham231f3asakv

Spada
Private

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am

Game is now using "Conscripts decay" (PON feature), is this supposed to be now used in ROP?

Starting CheckConscriptsOfficersVariation
11:09:17 (Reporting) Prussia - Conscripts production: 0 - Conscripts decay: 25
11:09:17 (Reporting) Prussia - Officers production: 0 - Officers decay: 0
11:09:17 (Reporting) Austria - Conscripts production: 0 - Conscripts decay: 2
11:09:17 (Reporting) Austria - Officers production: 0 - Officers decay: 0
11:09:17 (Reporting) Poland - Conscripts production: 0 - Conscripts decay: 8
11:09:17 (Reporting) Poland - Officers production: 0 - Officers decay: 0
11:09:17 (Reporting) Ending CheckConscriptsOfficersVariation
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”