lodilefty

ROP {public beta) patch 1.03 Release Candidate 5 November 13, 2011

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:29 pm

For your enjoyment!

Comprehensive Patch: all changes since 1.01b are included.

<link removed - newer version posted>

Game logic
  • ZOC don’t prevent retreat anymore
  • Retreat damages algorithm improved with variables exported for modding (see AGE Wiki)
  • It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
  • If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
  • If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
  • Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).
  • You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
  • This is to prevent serious problems for the AI that has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI: She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y!

Special Orders
  • You can now build fortified camps at the cost of 1 supply + 1 artillery element
  • Cavalry is more impaired by difficult terrains and well organized infantry.
  • Bug fixed regarding depot construction and supply unit usage.
  • Losing depleted elements will cost less morale.
  • Production time calculation revised (again). A unit with a Build Rate of 100 should be unlocked in one turn
AI
  • AI will be less aggressive (parameters exported for modding)
  • AI will regroup better corps with army HQ (‘flocking behavior’)
  • New AI algorithm: concentrate, can apply to all threatened stacks.
  • Leaders now redeploy slightly better toward candidate stacks
  • It is now possible to define an affinity for each leader toward certain stacks (modding)
  • Fixed: Theaters ratio miscalculated sometime, leading to too aggressive behaviors in some cases.
  • Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
  • the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.
  • New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI agressivness
  • Fixed syntax errors in AIFocus_OMB.inc (incorrect usage of Theaters and Areas)

Modding & Scripting
  • Commander in chief class ability added
  • Prisoners scripts commands added

Events
  • Modified error on Prussian general Lolhöffel
  • Added Clovis' Winter quarters and Balances files for AI
  • Fixed leaderless Swedish brigade in reinforcement
  • Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year, plus an automatic militia into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level
  • Removed Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
  • Added Supply replacements
  • Fixed arrival of Prince William when Zastrow has already been killed. Will join largest Force in Hannover/WestFalen/Bremen extended areas (defined by Area $Hannover_Territory)
  • Fixed Ferdinand of Brunswick multiple choice event to not trigger if Ferdinand has already been promoted to 3 Star General
  • Fixed lack of message to AUS player when Browne dies. Modified death event so it cannot occur until Browne is replaced by Charles
  • Extended “VP Balance” events through the end of 1763
  • Reduced quantity of ongoing Light Infantry replacements
  • Added check for existing Leader for all purchase Leader Options
  • Fixed duplicate Soltikov events
  • Reworked Saxon Capitulation events
  • Now only the 3 road regions leading to Pirna must be controlled
  • Dresden
  • Radeburg
  • Dippoldiswalde
  • Probability once regions are controlled is now 100% (was 75%, causing reports that event wasn't working)
  • Capitulation must occur before the end of 1756 (was through April 1757)
  • When requirements are met, a line message will warn players that capitulation will occur the next turn
  • Reminder: if Prussia is AI, capitulation can also occur if less than 24 SAX Elements are remaining in Saxony Theater.

Setups
  • Added some additional annual Heavy Cav replacements for all nations
  • Removed useless AUS Skirmisher replacements
  • Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) and modified all scenarios accordingly (saves not compatibles)
  • Fixed duplicate Dyhern & co (3 brigades) wrongly setup in Alsace in 1756 scenario. These units now appear with the 1757 Event 'Armée La Dauphine'

DB
  • Corrected *pillager* attribute to light infantry and cavalry for petty war (Klein Krieg) purpose
  • fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
  • fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
  • Added Merchantships (for naval supply)
  • Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
  • Added missing minor river link Between Kolin and Chemlitz
  • Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
  • Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers
  • Corrected missing fire damage for Hussars & Carabiniers
  • Brunn region terrain changed
  • von Nostitz changed
  • Fortress Artillery changed family to Heavy Artillery (for replacements)
  • Corrected “Military Genius” ability/icon for Friedrich II von Preussen model (Ability alias was misspelled)

Graphics / Interface
  • Fixed missing HorseGrenadier Army picture for Russia
  • Fixed missing images for French Chasseurs de Fisher and Saint-Victor events
  • Fixed missing images for Saint-Victor and Fischer French events
  • Changed wrong Wedell army pictures
  • battle scale is back
  • Abilities cleared correctly (graphic glitch) when viewing a model with less abilities than the previous.
  • Updated Pictures for leaders:
  • AUS: Ried, Buckow, d'Ursel and Neipperg,
  • BRU: Frederick Augustus of Brunswick,
  • PRU: Belling, Prittwitz, Stutterheim, Lentulus, Itzenplitz, Zastrow and Möllendorf.
  • RUS: Kashkin and Mordvinov
  • FRA: Voyer
  • SWE: Hessenstein
  • Changed unit graphic for British Fusillers
  • Fixed leader graphics display
  • PRU: von Platen
  • Fixed Town name and region control icon displays
  • Can now abort a unit construction by exiting “build mode”, selecting it and hitting the <Delete> key.
  • there is a more detailed tooltip on the entrench level icon
  • abilities tooltip have their appliance level added by code.
  • Fixed appearance of Element Detail window (thank you: Spada)

Strings
  • Several minor string corrections
  • More French leaders bios added
  • German language version corrections and additions
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

wow impressive! thank you very much! :coeurs: i love this game!

boudi

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:24 am

Hello,

With the RC5 patch i noticed that some renforcement options in the legger have not correct titles (english version).

It was not with RC4+hotfix.

Leinsdorf
Conscript

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 am

Really fine, we can only appreciate the AGEOD care to improve this very good game.
We are looking forward to seeing the new (and shorter) scenarios...
When the announced new scenarios dealing with the Silesian Wars will be downloadable?

lodilefty

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:08 pm

boudi wrote:Hello,

With the RC5 patch i noticed that some renforcement options in the legger have not correct titles (english version).

It was not with RC4+hotfix.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

I had missed some Database updates while away.... :(

Fixed for next update. :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

boudi

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:57 pm

You're welcome. :)

With RC5, is there any problem with breaches icons on the map ? It's seems that breaches level 1 or more still not displayed ?
Attachments
GCS_052.jpg

lodilefty

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 pm

boudi wrote:You're welcome. :)

With RC5, is there any problem with breaches icons on the map ? It's seems that breaches level 1 or more still not displayed ?

I think the Pillaged icon is superceding the breach icon, but I'll check on that.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks so much lodilefty :)
Regarding the Heavy cavalry replacements for all factions, did they benefit from the last patch or from other patch notes?
And can it be possible to convert excessive light infantry replacement to line infantry via options?
And I remember(But don't have a save game :( ) losing battles were resulting negative conscript companies. Passing ships were not taking damage from Forts.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Best Regards.

Soderini

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Some observations:
First off, I did an install over the last RC (4?). So perhaps that causes some of the quirks.

1; As Prussia, I got the message of Deville's arrival twice
2. Battle scale is not back :(
3. AI seems te back off to raiding behaviour. As I attacked Prague in 1757, De Lorraine besieged Dresden, which in itself is not that bad a move, but when I defeated him there he went to Magdeburg, then all te way to Pommeria :bonk: . Nadasy meanwhile is wandering in Poland, and the French, well, as of early 1759 all quiet on the French front. Maybe affraid of Ferdinand? And Daun is wandering Bohemia, up and down, up and down... :wacko:

Something else that's been bothering me: shouldn't we have an (multi-choice)event for the removal of Cumberland? I've never seen Klosterzeven fire...

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:21 am

Thank you for this update. I didn't want to come back and complain more about the quickfix/hotfix but I never really did get rid of the CTDs with it. I fixed the UAC and everything and I still was getting a CTD every 3rd turn or so.

I just played the Saxony attack 2 times and did not have one CTD. Thank you for your work. It is appreciated.

wijse

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Great work!
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

HHFD50
Captain

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 am

I noticed a couple of things, all minor but maybe glitches? When I tried to move my French units out of their starting locations no direction routes appeared on screen. I have no way to tell whether or not they are moving as ordered or remaining stationary. Also, I am seeing number groupings under the top bar of the screen, probably nothing since they do not impact game play but something to report nonetheless. The Prussian AI also seems a bit weak, which is rather disappointing. In previous patches the Prussian AI was very good.

boudi

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:Thank you! :thumbsup:

I had missed some Database updates while away.... :(

Fixed for next update. :w00t:

Sorry but it could be nice if this problem could be fixed quickly. By exemple i'm playing a pbem with 1 or 2 turns per day, and i can't read (and choice) two or three options in the legger.... It's a problem...

lodilefty

Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:14 am

boudi wrote:Sorry but it could be nice if this problem could be fixed quickly. By exemple i'm playing a pbem with 1 or 2 turns per day, and i can't read (and choice) two or three options in the legger.... It's a problem...

Extract into \RoP\Settings
1 file will be overwritten
[CENTER][/CENTER]

boudi

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:45 am

lodilefty wrote:Extract into \RoP\Settings
1 file will be overwritten

Damn'ed, i stopped the game, waiting for the fix, and i see now that you solved the problem yesterday. :wacko:

Thank you very much lodilefty ! :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 pm

boudi wrote:Damn'ed, i stopped the game, waiting for the fix, and i see now that you solved the problem yesterday. :wacko:

Thank you very much lodilefty ! :thumbsup:

You are welcome.

I'm awaiting a new version of the RoP.exe file, then a new patch :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Took a quick look into this patch and what still drives me mad :grr: is the unit movement when it "snows"(or what gale should be anyway) on mountain terrain, some units were already in Dippoldiswalde and the rest of the army moved up to them, I processed turn and now half of it was moved north too Pirna and half south the Brux.

First why did they get moved at all, Dippoldiswalde is no Pass it's a major road, can that be simply blocked by snow(gale)? :confused:

Not sure how the engine handles it but if this weather started in the process of the current turn the units moving to the location should simply turn back to a location that is supplied and the units that are there should start moving to a location that is supplied.
If the weather starts with the beginning of the next turn then the units should simply stay in Dippoldiswalde to allow the player a final movement to either side of the mountains.

And what's up with the "Blocked by snowfall" symbols? :p leure:
A year ago(http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=197022&postcount=45) I advised that the triangle symbol and the other symbol are just confusing the player, there is no need to show both for the same message, despite that there are still locations with triangle symbols but missing the other one, check screenshot I see 8 triangles but only 5 "shields" for the blocked by snow fall.

And I also wonder why locations that don't seem to have a pass get the blocked by snowfall symbols, check Freiberg what is a pass and is now blocked but what do the symbols north in Chemnitz and south in Aue have to do, these are neither mountain nor pass locations. :non:

Clear locations with "gale"(what's that anyway? gale is a storm so should it be blizzard?) use the "rain" graphic and other locations with gale use the "snow" graphics, are there no sets for gale(blizzard)? What about frozen? :8o:

Why does Memel give me the shield "Be warned that the winter is here, and the mountain can be blocked any time.", this is a marsh area. :bonk:
Attachments
ROP.jpg
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

lodilefty

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:24 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Took a quick look into this patch and what still drives me mad :grr: is the unit movement when it "snows"(or what gale should be anyway) on mountain terrain, some units were already in Dippoldiswalde and the rest of the army moved up to them, I processed turn and now half of it was moved north too Pirna and half south the Brux.

First why did they get moved at all, Dippoldiswalde is no Pass it's a major road, can that be simply blocked by snow(gale)? :confused:

Not sure how the engine handles it but if this weather started in the process of the current turn the units moving to the location should simply turn back to a location that is supplied and the units that are there should start moving to a location that is supplied.
If the weather starts with the beginning of the next turn then the units should simply stay in Dippoldiswalde to allow the player a final movement to either side of the mountains.

And what's up with the "Blocked by snowfall" symbols? :p leure:
A year ago(http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=197022&postcount=45) I advised that the triangle symbol and the other symbol are just confusing the player, there is no need to show both for the same message, despite that there are still locations with triangle symbols but missing the other one, check screenshot I see 8 triangles but only 5 "shields" for the blocked by snow fall.

And I also wonder why locations that don't seem to have a pass get the blocked by snowfall symbols, check Freiberg what is a pass and is now blocked but what do the symbols north in Chemnitz and south in Aue have to do, these are neither mountain nor pass locations. :non:

Clear locations with "gale"(what's that anyway? gale is a storm so should it be blizzard?) use the "rain" graphic and other locations with gale use the "snow" graphics, are there no sets for gale(blizzard)? What about frozen? :8o:

Why does Memel give me the shield "Be warned that the winter is here, and the mountain can be blocked any time.", this is a marsh area. :bonk:

I'm still trying to get caught up on RoP after >1 year away from it, so bear with me... :(

Memel is an Alias error, so I'll have to search the script to see which one is wrong (Memel is region UID=0, which is the "value returned" by any invalid region alias)

I'll dust off the cobwebs on the icons. To be clear: you are saying we only need the "Snow in Pass" icon, and NOT the little triangle (most of which are mislocated it seems :blink :) . And we only need the icon in the actual pass region, not the adjacent ones?

As for the response to movement, that one is for The Master to reply, as I suspect it's similar logic to when water freezes and ships abort movement and go to ports...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 am

lodilefty wrote:I'm still trying to get caught up on RoP after >1 year away from it, so bear with me... :(

I that case it's understandable, sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

lodilefty wrote:I'll dust off the cobwebs on the icons. To be clear: you are saying we only need the "Snow in Pass" icon, and NOT the little triangle (most of which are mislocated it seems :blink :) . And we only need the icon in the actual pass region, not the adjacent ones?

Yes, I don't see why we should use 2 icons for the same info and as the little triangle are easier to miss and as you said often mis-located it would be best to delete them completely.
And yes to the pass as this is the only location that is really blocked, the wooded hills north and south of the pass can be entered by any units even artillery can move there so these locations are surely not blocked.

Together with this I wonder if some additional info could be show in the tool tip for the regions, these pass locations have only "road" and I wonder if it could also show "pass" so the player see the difference not only graphical but also on the tool tip.

I also would like to know if there are any differences to a normal road(couldn't find anything in the manual seems passes are not covered), if not maybe like major roads give a bonus these pass locations should give a penalty to movement.

lodilefty

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:16 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:I that case it's understandable, sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

Yes, I don't see why we should use 2 icons for the same info and as the little triangle are easier to miss and as you said often mis-located it would be best to delete them completely.
And yes to the pass as this is the only location that is really blocked, the wooded hills north and south of the pass can be entered by any units even artillery can move there so these locations are surely not blocked.

Together with this I wonder if some additional info could be show in the tool tip for the regions, these pass locations have only "road" and I wonder if it could also show "pass" so the player see the difference not only graphical but also on the tool tip.

I also would like to know if there are any differences to a normal road(couldn't find anything in the manual seems passes are not covered), if not maybe like major roads give a bonus these pass locations should give a penalty to movement.

:)

Looking "under the hood":
  • The region with the pass is actually simply a "Mountain" region, but it has several special lnks with adjacent regions
  • Several of the links are "Mountain Crest" which add additional movement penalty in Clear and Mud, then block all but Ranger and LightFoot in Snow, and block everything in the two most harsh weathers.
  • The "Mountain Pass" is yet another link, to the regions which also report the blockage. (ex: Reichenberg to Gorlitz). This link actually gives some move bonus in Fair and Mud. allows passage in Snow, but blocks eveything in Harsher weather.
  • Thus, in the example, Gorlitz must also give warning, as it is the "entry" region.
So, I propose to remove the little triangle icons, change the message in the "entry" regions to say "Entry into the Mountain Pass....", and fix the erroneous Alias that tries to block Memel :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:26 am

Yes sounds good.

Not sure I got the link thing correct, I always thought the regions are connected by a single link.
Let's take Freiberg as example, the link between Chemnitz in the North & Freiberg or Aue in the South & Freiberg would be the "Mountain Pass" that gives a move bonus in Fair and Mud.
But where does the "Mountain Crest" fits in? Is it only used when crossing the regions from north to south or also when just moving into the region?

Could you take another look "under the hood"?
I would like to know if the number of companies makes any difference in combat calculation, for example would it make a difference to have 6 100 men companies or 3 200 men companies?

There is another point that worries me, the Prussian grenadier companies might be severely understrength, look at this source:
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Prussian_Line_Infantry_Organisation
Interesting is that the Musketeer numbers to match perfectly, ROP uses already the 170 men per company of January 1757 but only 4 companies so the men power is not too high, in fact it is slightly below(at least 20 men per battalion short) the 1756 level.
Looking at the grenadiers they should have a companies of 150 men and from January 1757 on 180 men but in game we only have 120 men companies.
Making them like the normal Musketeer companies are would be the way, each battalion with 3 180 men companies, leaves us again a bit short but better than before.
Problem is the numbers should be verified, a googled around but couldn't find any confirmation for numbers of the grenadiers.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Minor UI problems in RoP 1.03 rc5

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Dear Ageod developers ,

it is my first time writing in this forum and first of all I want to say thank you for your disposability.

I am playing RoP trying the last RC patch 1.03 rc5. I have found a couple of minor bugs I want to tell you:

1) the "tooltip that informs players of the turns remaining in the scenario being played" indicated in page 16, point 4.1.1 , 4 of the ROP manual is no more present.

2) there are 3 grey words on the top of the screen IbMMI1, IbMMI2, IbMMI3 (picture)

EDIT: 3) in the scenario selection menù the button "show tutorial scenario" does not work.

Hope this could help,

Luigi

Spada
Private

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:There is another point that worries me, the Prussian grenadier companies might be severely understrength, look at this source:
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Prussian_Line_Infantry_Organisation
Interesting is that the Musketeer numbers to match perfectly, ROP uses already the 170 men per company of January 1757 but only 4 companies so the men power is not too high, in fact it is slightly below(at least 20 men per battalion short) the 1756 level.
Looking at the grenadiers they should have a companies of 150 men and from January 1757 on 180 men but in game we only have 120 men companies.
Making them like the normal Musketeer companies are would be the way, each battalion with 3 180 men companies, leaves us again a bit short but better than before.
Problem is the numbers should be verified, a googled around but couldn't find any confirmation for numbers of the grenadiers.

Prussian Grenadiers begin the campaign under strength with only four elements, later they gain a 5th element and put them at a total of 600 men, which is close to their number for the period.

In ROP elements don’t always match number of companies, and for this period, the number of administrative companies was not equal to number of battle field companies (the Prussian musketeer battalions were organized in five companies but fought formed in 8 platoons with a company being made of two platoons).

BigDuke66
General

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

It's already hard enough to simulate the "normal" structure, how the are deployed on battlefield should be flow into the battle engine.

The 600+ men level for grenadiers seem to be like the 700+ men level for musketeer companies from summer 1756, if the grenadier companies also got raised by 30 men in January 1757 they would have 180 men each, just the level I propose to start with.
Just like the musketeer companies are understrength with 4 instead of 5 elements(companies) but already using 170 instead of 140 men, the grenadiers could be set-up the same way with 3 instead of 4 elements(companies) using already 180 men.

Edit:
I see the grey words that ribaluigi sees too.

Spada
Private

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:04 am

The "MenPerHit" has to be keep equal for all the grenadiers units of all the nationalities, is not a good idea to change only the Prussians grenadiers without changing others units. You just end with the correct number of elements/companies for Prussia but wrong for the rest (too much men).

Edit: Doing what you are describing will only reduce the combat value of the unit, the game engine does not care about the number of men in a unit (is a simple visual aid for the player) only the number of elements.

BigDuke66
General

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 am

Why has the "MenPerHit" to be keep equal for all the grenadiers units of all the nationalities???

I can't believe that the engine doesn't care about the strength of an element.
You say an element with 170 musketeers has the same combat power like an element with half as many men?
Then I wonder why the PWR values go down if elements are not up to full strength.

lodilefty

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:30 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Why has the "MenPerHit" to be keep equal for all the grenadiers units of all the nationalities???

You say an element with 170 musketeers has the same combat power like an element with half as many men?
Then I wonder why the PWR values go down if elements are not up to full strength.

Stengths are measured by the game engine using hits. This figures into the Power etc. Power is an approximate indicator, compiled using strength (hits remaining) and cohesion. A unit with low cohesion at full strength may return a "Power" similar to a unit at 100% cohesion with few hits remaining.

As has been discussed at great length in the forums for every game, Men per Hit is flavor only, to assist a player by giving a "feel" for the size of a force. It is absolutely, totally ignored by the game engine. A 10 hit Grenadier unit with 1000 men per hit will perform exactly the same as the same unit with 100 men per hit, if all other params are same. Obviously the performance of any given unit is a factor of all of its Game parameters.

To see the under the hood for parameters, download the DB and open the "Models". The header for most columns includes atooltip explaining the param.

Easy to mod Men per Hit. Open the model and change it.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:15 am

ribaluigi wrote:Dear Ageod developers ,

it is my first time writing in this forum and first of all I want to say thank you for your disposability.

I am playing RoP trying the last RC patch 1.03 rc5. I have found a couple of minor bugs I want to tell you:

1) the "tooltip that informs players of the turns remaining in the scenario being played" indicated in page 16, point 4.1.1 , 4 of the ROP manual is no more present.

2) there are 3 grey words on the top of the screen IbMMI1, IbMMI2, IbMMI3 (picture)

EDIT: 3) in the scenario selection menù the button "show tutorial scenario" does not work.

Hope this could help,

Luigi

I have another suggestion to made.

It would be nice, in my own opinion, to have in the playlist the Musical Offering BWV 1079 due to J.S. Bach, since it is a present of Bach to Frederick II.

Best,

Luigi

Spada
Private

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Why has the "MenPerHit" to be keep equal for all the grenadiers units of all the nationalities???

Is not a requisite per se that has to be keep equal for all the grenadiers units, only if you want to have accurate information for the player as a "visual aid", about the strength of them.

BigDuke66
General

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:37 am

Yea I looked now at the database and all units more or less get there stats from 35 base units, a lot can be done on that database for sure but bigger things have to be done first.

Coming back to the pass problem:
Not sure I got the link thing correct, I always thought the regions are connected by a single link.
Let's take Freiberg as example, the link between Chemnitz in the North & Freiberg or Aue in the South & Freiberg would be the "Mountain Pass" that gives a move bonus in Fair and Mud.
But where does the "Mountain Crest" fits in? Is it only used when crossing the regions from north to south or also when just moving into the region?

I also wonder if those pass regions should be blocking movement completely.
Check these:
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=1757_-_Austrian_invasion_of_Silesia#Austrian_army_leaves_Silesia
9 December 1757 "The retreat was conducted under adverse weather: heavy rains, deep muds, with cutting snow-blasts."
This move of the Austrian army was over one of the pass locations.
Maybe the conditions for a blocked pass could be raised so that it really only happens deep into the winter.
And Dippoldiswalde with its major roads shouldn't be blocked at all, movement thru Dippoldiswalde could always run along the Elbe river bed.

Oh and could you take a look at Hof, Oelsnitz & Rosenheim?
Looks to me like the ground doesn't fit the map, Hof looks like wooded hills but is mountain, Oelsnitz looks like mountain but is wooded hills and Rosenheim is clesar but looks like wooded hills.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”