Jarkko
Colonel

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 am

Taijian wrote:This is to help balance the replacement pool, where Service, Supply and Light Infantry replacement chits tend to pile up, while regular infantry and Cavalry chits are never enough.

Thanks Taijian. I've been using your changes with the RC4, and that make ROP a great game finally :)

Hopefully we can soon get an official patch where all these would be in! As it is, ROP grand campaign is finally playable with RC4 + Tajian's fixes :)
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 am

Jarkko wrote:Thanks Taijian. I've been using your changes with the RC4, and that make ROP a great game finally :)

Hopefully we can soon get an official patch where all these would be in! As it is, ROP grand campaign is finally playable with RC4 + Tajian's fixes :)
Wow, this sounds great ! Do you also use Berto's weather mod ?

Thanks to all modders and supporters :thumbsup:
Bernadotte

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Narwhal wrote:Thanks for the effort. The ammo bug was a big issue in AGEOD games.

Any ETA on the next beta patch. I would like the "manpower bug" to be solved before playing ROP again.

Thanks lodilefty :thumbsup:
In addition the automatic NM victory as Narwhall mentioned and it wont be bad to have some cavalry replacements. :) I have found some mod but didn't test it. Can it be included in the next beta ?

- Fix 'Northerner' trait by changing the area to 'Scandinavia' and moving 'Mecklenburg' & 'West_Pommerania' there from 'Prussia'

- Disabled upgrades from 'Militia' to 'Infantry' and from 'Trained Infantry' to 'Elites'

- Changed 'Fort Battery' to '$famHvyArty'

- Changed all '$famLightInf' to '$famLine', changed replacement pool events accordingly and deleted the relevant options from the ledger

- Did the same for all '$famService'

- Changed the '$famRaiders' replacements for Russia to '$famCavalry'

- Coverted half of all supply replacements into Cavalry

- Extended the 'Balance' events to function until the end of the game

This is to help balance the replacement pool, where Service, Supply and Light Infantry replacement chits tend to pile up, while regular infantry and Cavalry chits are never enough.

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Baris wrote:Thanks lodilefty :thumbsup:
In addition the automatic NM victory as Narwhall mentioned and it wont be bad to have some cavalry replacements. :) I have found some mod but didn't test it. Can it be included in the next beta ?

I haven't tested Taijian's mod yet either (this thread, #116) but it looks very promising. It seems to address many/most of the outstanding issues holding this great game back.

lodilefty

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 pm

squarian wrote:I haven't tested Taijian's mod yet either (this thread, #116) but it looks very promising. It seems to address many/most of the outstanding issues holding this great game back.

I think outstanding issues will stay in a mod for a while :) Better to sticky it in case new players who wants to play this great game in pbem get informed about this mod.
By the way, were there any conscript companies bug were present in this game? Losing elements were not bringing up conscript companies .

Return to “Help to improve RoP”