Clovis

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:50 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Well I was hoping that the next Patch has the weather fixed, Ebbingford reported this strange behavior of snow.
"... snow everywhere apart from in the mountains and hills."

Sure you can overlook minor bugs but something like this that smacks in your face every winter is quit annoying at least for me.

each one has its defnition of major or minor. I've known more strange things in ROP :)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Clovis wrote:each one has its defnition of major or minor. I've known more strange things in ROP :)

There was a problem with Ferdinand event but you mean .. ?
replacement system, construction times, "weight" of military options? like gain,lose factor(calling irish reinforcements etc..). field artillery replacement or Hungarian inserructia infantry in Aus database, :D
ROP was my first Ageod game and always special :)

Edit: Ah yes Cavalry charge :)
NM lose or gain is much better also.

Clovis

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Baris wrote:There was a problem with Ferdinand event but you mean .. ?
replacement system, construction times, "weight" of military options? like gain,lose factor(calling irish reinforcements etc..). field artillery replacement or Hungarian inserructia infantry in Aus database, :D
ROP was my first Ageod game and always special :)

I was thinking about cavalry charge effect :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

BigDuke66
General

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:01 am

Is the blue square behind the unit symbol off position just for me?(is 1920x1200 a problem?)
And is it normal that it shows the same blue for units with a different background color, like the pink Braunschweig units?

And now a feature request, could clicking on the unit symbol in the build screen open the unit panel just like it does in the normal mode?
Attachments
RoP.jpg
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Pocus

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:42 am

The offset should be fixed in next patch.

There is an internal problem for the second question, that is slightly difficult to solve (really!).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Mafooo
Civilian

Is the Russian supply issue fixed in 1.03?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 am

Haven't played since I bought the game. That was a real killer and would really like to start playing again. Thanks.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 am

Lodi: Is this game ready to buy? You know what I mean. t

Gray_Lensman

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:07 am

deleted

Franciscus

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Lodilefty has been sick and offline for over a week. We're anxiously awaiting his return. :(

Those are unfortunate news ! My sincerest and deepest wishes of a fast and full recovery, lodilefty !

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Recovery!!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Hope you regain full health for holidays. t :thumbsup:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 am

I hope you feeling better Lodilefty, take care and best wishes for your quick recovery.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:24 pm

LL: HOPE you are feeling better for Christmas and New Year!! Great help you are. t

BigDuke66
General

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 am

Here just a small typo I found(in complete campaign):
> "Erbprinz Karl' Force" > "Behr's Brigade" > "Braunschweig-Behr ./"
I guess it should be "Braunschweig-Behr [color="Red"]I[/color]./" to fit with "Braunschweig-Behr II./".

Merry Christmas!

Ebbingford

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am

Another leader who's portrait is not showing on the map properly is the Swedish leader Sprengporten.

Attachments
1.jpg

Ebbingford

Besieged icon not showing

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 am

I think there might be a problem with the besieged icon not showing when the region has been pillaged. I reported earlier on this happening in Glogau, but I have just had the same thing but this time in Hannover.

Attachments
1.jpg

BigDuke66
General

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:47 am

Pocus wrote:The offset should be fixed in next patch.

Well would it be possible to not use the color field at all?
Looking at how it looks in NCP I find it more than enough to have the 3 letters & the little flag to identify from were the unit is.
Coloring the unit symbol only makes it harder to identify that unit as the unit picture alone isn't really helpful.

Same counts for winter and all those symbols.
Why are there 2 types of symbols?(Shields & triangles)
Not only is this confusing much worse is that they often contradict each other.
Just look here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14221&d=1293483882
In the middle I see 3 shields(who said "it can be blocked") but 5 triangles(who said "it is blocked").

I also wonder why they are used when they shouldn't be used at all.
Just look here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14222&d=1293484270
PhilThib said they are only used on passes but in this case Aue(Wooded Hills, Road) and Chemnitz(Wooded Hills, Major Road) use it too.

And if the mountain passes are so special I would recommend separating them from other movement paths.
Just look here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14223&d=1293484433
Top left you see Görlitz with a road but also a pass, when the pass is blocked the road can't be used too, maybe splitting this region would be best as I don't know if this blocked doesn't also effect supply from Breslau.

Ebbingford

Insurrection infantry

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Playing as Austria in the long campaign there are 3 units that are buildable that are meant to be "Militia", "Small militia garrison", and "Medium militia garrison". However these are made up of "insurrection infantry" and not militia.
Did I read somewhere that these insurrection units are from a different, as yet unreleased campaign?
If so then the 3 militia types need to be changed so that you can in fact build the garrison militia and the insurrection infantry types then need to be removed from the build list.

BigDuke66
General

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Some more things pilled up:
1. Typhus, nothing in the manual or elsewhere, so what does it do and do I have to do something like not moving to a city or not combining with other forces?
What is needed is a tooltip like the one for the sanitarian event.

2. Got the message "Assassination of the King" but no newspaper, nothing to see on the map and not even a tooltip, so what's up with it?
Again at least a tooltip should be there so the players knows what's up.

3. Yearly resources, not sure if this is a bug but how often does this happen? I had one in I think December 1757, one in January 1758 and another in February 1758, so these "Yearly Resources" are more like monthly, quarterly or better unpredictably?

4. I think it was already mentioned somewhere but could the sanitarian event at least focus on the biggest stack in terms of men and not the biggest in terms of units? I think randomizing it would also be good to hit some other big stacks.

5. The option "Upgrade Artillery" does what? Again no news, nothing to see on the map and no tooltip.

6. What about the "1./Jung Braunschweig" unit, it uses the Prussian blue as background color, has as state of origin the "Duchy of Saxony" and is within the Braunschweiger forces, is all this correct?(See first screenshot)

7. What about the "Leibgarde" unit in Hannover, it uses the Braunschweig grey as background color, has as state of origin "Braunschweig" but is within the forces Hannover, it this correct?(See second screenshot)
Attachments
ROP-LG.jpg
ROP-JB.jpg

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:2. Got the message "Assassination of the King" but no newspaper, nothing to see on the map and not even a tooltip, so what's up with it?

It's an event for the austrian side.

BigDuke66 wrote:5. The option "Upgrade Artillery" does what? Again no news, nothing to see on the map and no tooltip.

it increases the stats of few arty elements.

BigDuke66 wrote:6. What about the "1./Jung Braunschweig" unit, it uses the Prussian blue as background color, has as state of origin the "Duchy of Saxony" and is within the Braunschweiger forces, is all this correct?(See first screenshot)

it's one of the saxon units you get for free after the capituation of saxony event fires.

Ebbingford

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:58 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Some more things pilled up:
1. Typhus, nothing in the manual or elsewhere, so what does it do and do I have to do something like not moving to a city or not combining with other forces?
What is needed is a tooltip like the one for the sanitarian event.

2. Got the message "Assassination of the King" but no newspaper, nothing to see on the map and not even a tooltip, so what's up with it?

3. Yearly resources, not sure if this is a bug but how often does this happen? I had one in I think December 1757, one in January 1758 and another in February 1758, so these "Yearly Resources" are more like monthly, quarterly or better unpredictably?

4. I think it was already mentioned somewhere but could the sanitarian event at least focus on the biggest stack in terms of men and not the biggest in terms of units? I think randomizing it would also be good to hit some other big stacks.

5. The option "Upgrade Artillery" does what? Again no news, nothing to see on the map and no tooltip.

6. What about the "1./Jung Braunschweig" unit, it uses the Prussian blue as background color, has as state of origin the "Duchy of Saxony" and is within the Braunschweiger forces, is all this correct?(See first screenshot)

7. What about the "Leibgarde" unit in Hannover, it uses the Braunschweig grey as background color, has as state of origin "Braunschweig" but is within the forces Hannover, it this correct?(See second screenshot)

I can't answer fully, you'll have to wait for Phil Thib for that. But here's my take on the points not already answered which is just based on having played the game for quite a while :)

1. This can't be avoided, it is a random event that hits a random stack. When it hits the units in the stack lose cohesion and strength.

3. I think you get a couple of these a year.

4. Has been mentioned several times, it would be much better to have it hit a random big stack. "Big" in terms of power rating instead of command point useage which is what is used at the moment.

7. I would think this is correct, think of it as the advance guard of the Brunswick army, in British pay.

PhilThib

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 am

2 - The "Assassination of the King" is just a flavor event (it was in Portugal IIRC)...looks like the event image and text is not properly labelled then :(

6 - This is correct and WAD: it's a regiment made of Saxon soldiers forced-conscripted into the Prussian army after Saxony's surrender at Pirna...it was "granted" to the Duke of Brunswick's son...hence the name.

Blutch
Major

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Ci joint une copie d'écran dans laquelle apparaît une incohérence entre l'action décrite et l'infobulle.
En attendant une éventuelle correction, qui croire ?
Attachments
ROP1.jpg

PhilThib

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 am

L'action (i.e. le titre), pas l'infobulle qui est probablement un copié-collé pas mis à jour. Sera corrigé dans le prochain patch :(

Ebbingford

Tooltips for event messages

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

There are quite a few events that raise or lower NM for one side or the other.
I think there really ought to be a tooltip that tells the player that this has happened.
Some events seem to have this for one side but not the other, shouldn't both sides be told?
I am playing as Austria at the moment and have just had the "Surrender of Montreal" event and my NM has dropped. There should be something to tell me that this event has meant a loss of 10NM to the Austrians.

tyrex
Colonel

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Ebbingford wrote:I am playing as Austria at the moment and have just had the "Surrender of Montreal" event and my NM has dropped. There should be something to tell me that this event has meant a loss of 10NM to the Austrians.

That's a hell of a loss for something not really important at that time. Even France wasn't very annoyed by the loss of Nouvelle France at that time. Don't see why austrians, russians or heiliges Reich are so impacted by that.

PhilThib

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Because ROP has no "separate" factions like in our most recent games, so Austria represents all the coalition, France included...

Indeed, the fall of Canada was not 'felt' as such a sever loss at the time, it was even dismissed or considered as a relief by many French (Voltaire said the loss was 'only a few acres of snow', and the King said 'you don't save the stable when the palace is burning' ;) )... BUT..

1 - In terms of gameplay, it means the coalition will be faced by a much stronger Britain that redeploys troops from the Americas to North Germany, hence the loss

2 - I personally considered it was the most dramatic loss France ever suffered in history...my feeling...hence the loss too (WAD) :cool: :D

BigDuke66
General

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 am

Just a minor note but shouldn't Prince Ferdinand von Brunswick have the dark grey background color of Brunswick?
It doesn't really matter as he is multinational but than you can give him the right color anyway.
Or is the color based on the army he serves in and not where he's from?

Another thing now in early April Kassel and Hannover are unlocked but I wonder why their forces were unlocked some turns ago and if there shouldn't be any news why they are now "really" active in the conflict.
Maybe it should be in the "France reacts to the Army of Observation" news?
Because the newspaper just states "France reacts to the Army of Observation" and nothing more.

And a bug well more a dead end, if I have a unit detail window open and push one of the F buttons to open the "book" the unit detail window is closed but the "book" isn't opened and click anywhere(map, units, structures, etc. except the jump the the capital or the armies)doesn't do anything, only bringing the unit detail window up again by clicking the NATO symbol and closing it manually does fix it.
It gets really nasty if you also close the unit you had focused with the right mouse button, than the only way to get out is to use the army flags on the right to get focus to a unit, than you can fix it like above.

Ebbingford

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:03 am

Just a minor note but shouldn't Prince Ferdinand von Brunswick have the dark grey background color of Brunswick?
It doesn't really matter as he is multinational but than you can give him the right color anyway.
Or is the color based on the army he serves in and not where he's from?

There is an event that sends him to Brunswick as a 3* general, he then gets the Brunswick background colour. ;)

BigDuke66
General

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Oh good :thumbsup:

I'm still not looking thru the "Leib Grenadier Garde" in Hannover.
Check this:
http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Brunswick_Leib-Regiment
You see that the grenadier companies of the "Brunswick Leib-Regiment" and "Imhoff Infantry" were put together to form the "Grenadier Battalion von Stammer" I guess that is what it should be named, not sure if the size can be set correctly to 141 men.
And the Musketeer companies of the 2 battalions of the "Brunswick Leib-Regiment" and the 2 of the "Imhoff Infantry" each with 4 companies of Musketeers with 119 men are missing at least I can't see them.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Ebbingford wrote:There is an event that sends him to Brunswick as a 3* general, he then gets the Brunswick background colour. ;)

There is a problem with that event. When original Fredinand promotes to 3-star before the multi-choice event fires(hannover event),Then there is possibility for him to have unknown twin appear as both Prussian and Brunswick commander. It happnes when you choose the second opiton in multi-choice about sending him as 2 star general to Hannover, they will become identical twin and giving big advantage to Prussian side. Original Fredinand does not get erased from the game. In my game before I had a very strong army both twins in command :)

Edit: Better for me as playing Aus, that Narwhall shouldnt read it :)

Return to “Help to improve RoP”