Franciscus

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Any ETA for patch 1.03 ?? :love:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 am

next week if things are all corrects...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Lord Irvine
Conscript

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Pocus wrote:next week if things are all corrects...

Great news :thumbsup: . It's been awfully quiet around here :neener: .

Hohenlohe

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Lord Irvine wrote:Great news :thumbsup: . It's been awfully quiet around here :neener: .

Iam still reading here and I am waiting for the upcoming new patch to start my first AAR at http://www.si-games.com as soon as possible.(regretable for English Readers it will be only in German, but I will try it as Prussians with enough good pictures. At the moment I have some problems with my machine like an urgent copy protection issue and evtl. a trojan problem because of all the upcoming system messages I often got)

I like most of the games with the AGE-Engine because of its good usability in case of the interface and most of all the other options. The Ageod games are in some way very easy to understand not so over-complexed like many other strategy titles. The OOB system is even very easy and the AI is after the first campaigns slightly easy to defeat and so any experienced player will look for a greater challenge in a PBEM game.

greetings

Hohenlohe, an AGEOD fan... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

kosmoface
Corporal

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 am

Lord Irvine wrote:Great news :thumbsup: . It's been awfully quiet around here :neener: .

I'm too just waiting for the new patch and some feedback, regarding the things bertram and squarian found.

Pocus

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks for your support guys. The patch will include AI improvements by Clovis plus several bug fixes.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Soderini

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Found another bug, though a small one: apperently building a depot while having a sappers and pontoneers unit in the stack will consume those instead of supply wagons. I've had this happen twice when building a depot in Lobositz with Fritz's column in the 1756 campaign.

Hohenlohe

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Soderini wrote:Found another bug, though a small one: apperently building a depot while having a sappers and pontoneers unit in the stack will consume those instead of supply wagons. I've had this happen twice when building a depot in Lobositz with Fritz's column in the 1756 campaign.

I have a simple solution for your problem:
Since BOa and above all since AACW I use the following solution building depots or/forts; simply use the drag and drop function to form a lone stack with the necessary units to perform the depot building or fort building.
Never,simply never use the complete stack for building something. Sometimes you will end with the usage of veteran units and the green artillery unit for example remains. You should consider that sometimes your whole stack could be attacked by the enemy and you can eventually end up with either building nothing or with the loss of some necessary units. If you need in a30 days turn less time for the depot building or fortbuilding and you have the requisite units in a seperate stack, then it could be that your building will be finished and your position have improved so that the enemy will have a harder time to siege you if a fort or depot is present.
Hope it helps you somehow...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Soderini

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 am

Hohenlohe wrote:I have a simple solution for your problem:
Since BOa and above all since AACW I use the following solution building depots or/forts; simply use the drag and drop function to form a lone stack with the necessary units to perform the depot building or fort building.
Never,simply never use the complete stack for building something. Sometimes you will end with the usage of veteran units and the green artillery unit for example remains. You should consider that sometimes your whole stack could be attacked by the enemy and you can eventually end up with either building nothing or with the loss of some necessary units. If you need in a30 days turn less time for the depot building or fortbuilding and you have the requisite units in a seperate stack, then it could be that your building will be finished and your position have improved so that the enemy will have a harder time to siege you if a fort or depot is present.
Hope it helps you somehow...

greetings

Hohenlohe

I've been playing Ageod games since BoA as well, and yes, I normally split off the units that I want to use to build a depot. ;) Is just that twice I didn't bother to do so and ran into the reported result. It's a bug (unless using sappers and pontoneers for a depot is WAD), and so I reported it.

Pocus

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Patch 1.03 beta 6:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103b6.zip

Fixes several bugs reported either for ROP or for others AGE-engine games.

Plus, these additions, courtesy of PhilThib and Clovis:

Map
* Fixed wrong links in Pilgrams & Iglau
* Fixed erroneous transport networks data in a dozen regions

Models
* Fixed image of Prussian fusiliers and trained infantry (swaped)
* Fixed Sappers and Pontooneers subtype: they should no longer be chosen instead of supplies when depots are built
* Corrected missing fire damage for Hussars & Carabiniers

Units
* fixed French Depot bataillons: they can now be built also in Lorraine

Special Orders
* You can now build fortified camps at the cost of 1 supply + 1 artillery unit

Events
* Fixed the option to convert Militia replacements into Line replacement
* Fixed duplicate appearance of Austrian leaders Colloredo (1757) and Koenigsegg (1759)
* Emden is now unblocked upon Hannover joining the war

Setups
* Fixed duplicate Dyhern & co (3 brigades) wrongly setup in Alsace in 1756 scenario. These units now appear with the 1757 Event 'Armée La Dauphine'

Game Balance
* Locked Prussian forces in the east of the Oder in 1756 scenario, from 2 to 12 turns, to prevent unrealistic transfer westward: they must now await the Russians
* Added extra local supply production in Memel and Koenigsberg upon Russian capture to help the Russians wintering in East Prussia
* Added extra AI modding done by Clovis in summer 2010

Nikel

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks to everybody involved :)

But what happened to non-beta patches releases, forgotten in the mist? ;)

Generalisimo

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Nikel wrote:But what happened to non-beta patches releases, forgotten in the mist? ;)

You have to realize that now a "non-beta-patch" requires a LOT more work from the dev team.
You have to send the "official patch" for approval to all the selling platforms and comply with their specific requests. ;)
That's one of the things that came togheter with the merge... now AGEOD plays with the big fishes like Paradox and others. :thumbsup:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm guessing this will break saves from 1.03 beta 5?

ADDIT: and big thanks! :thumbsup:

Lord Irvine
Conscript

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Woohoo!! :w00t:

Big thanks to all involved working on this patch.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for the patch :) as it looks there is more information in construction mode,(my early observation) like strenght of the unit and many more fixes. Thanks again to Clovis also to his contribution to the ai.

As discussed before

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18293

Emplaced batteries(fort batteries) and normal artilery using Field artillery replacements and only siege artilery using heavy art replacement.

there is no need to build normal artilery as they are not so much cheaper than siege artilery and wont have many replacements as competing for replacements against stronger enemy "fort batteries" :) They have more advantage.
Thanks again.

Narwhal

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't know if I am lucky or if it is the new AI, but with Prussia, it is now december 1756, there has not be any combat so far, which feels extremely realist. I like that.

Also, I must have been really lucky, byt I took Prague in one month after a lucky siege (I arrive early november 1756 in front of Prague with Ferdinand and Fredrik column, Keith is in Lobovitz to protect the supply line, I breach in late november, early december the city is mine without assault).

Clovis

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Narwhal wrote:I don't know if I am lucky or if it is the new AI, but with Prussia, it is now december 1756, there has not be any combat so far, which feels extremely realist. I like that.

Also, I must have been really lucky, byt I took Prague in one month after a lucky siege (I arrive early november 1756 in front of Prague with Ferdinand and Fredrik column, Keith is in Lobovitz to protect the supply line, I break in late november, early december the city is mine without assault).

AI: normal. 1757 should be different. ;)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 am

- Fixed Sappers and Pontooneers subtype: they should no longer be chosen instead of supplies when depots are built-

Unfortunately Pontooneers used as building supply depots even there is abundant of supply wagon. In message log they even get replacements(using one service asset replacement chit) although they no longer exist.

Ebbingford

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:22 pm

When you click on a unit to get the unit detail panel on the screen the following error message pops up.

TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: ModelDetail.ImgRoster0

If you click "Ok" then the error box closes and the unit detail panel opens.

Ebbingford

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Playing as Austria, long campaign.
At end of turn processing the following error messages popped up.

13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17191 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17192 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17223 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17224 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17367 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17368 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17399 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17400 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17463 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17464 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17559 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17560 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17703 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17704 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17735 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17736 MaxDate = 01/12/62
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17767 MinDate = 16/09/56
13:29:03 [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 17768 MaxDate = 01/12/62

Also in the main log is

13:29:03 (Reporting) FullDebug: Script Engine, while parsing line 32287 Unknown Keyword:

Script report attached if needed.
Attachments
ScriptReport.rar
(50.57 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Narwhal

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Poor sanitation tooltip in English : "Loss of -10 health in heach army". It should be "each", of course.

Narwhal

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:11 pm

When I want to build an unit and I click on an element of an unit I want to buy to have more information, the "unit details" thing does not open.

+ Luekner (HAN) unit (with cav) appearing (when it spawns) as a "cav without leader" unit on the map.

+ There is the bug (also in WIA2) in which, if you ask for a fleet to move on a different spot, then you decide to ask one of your land unit to embark (by movement) on this fleet, then cancel both moves, the land units "teleports" on the fleet). I usually don't move the fleet next turn to "compensate".

Narwhal

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Shall we send Ferdinand to Hannover decision : Once you have selected an option (in my case the third one), you cannot change your choice.

It might be the same for the other decisions.

Edit : Tested again with the same decision - it only "blocks" when you select the third decision.

Narwhal

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:22 pm

OK, I lost as Prussia (I considered I was defeated because the King was captured when a city surrendered).
The new AI looks significantly stronger. I had won a total victory as Prussia against the previous AI without any loading :)

Anyway, two new "bugs" you might want to look :

- AI does not put its "garrison guns" units in its city when it has captured a city. It just stays out of the city, which in one case allowed me to directly take the city since there was no one inside.

- There are no walls in Leipzig : any army can directly assault it without bothering actually sieging it. I believe it is a bug.

Clovis

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm

I should upload tomorrow new AI files, fixing the Prussian one and polishing a bit the Austrian one.

Btw, for those having precendently installed my Winterquarters modified file, you must do a fresh new install,because Austrian AI events will be firng twice when the patch is applied on the current version. Sorry for the inconvenience
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Farfarer2
Private

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 am

Could I just manually delete the "old" Winterquarters service file before the install of the new beta version tomorrow?
Farfarer

PhilThib

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Narwhal wrote:- There are no walls in Leipzig : any army can directly assault it without bothering actually sieging it. I believe it is a bug.

No, this is normal, the city was open and unfortified :cool:

PhilThib

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Baris wrote:Unfortunately Pontooneers used as building supply depots even there is abundant of supply wagon. In message log they even get replacements(using one service asset replacement chit) although they no longer exist.

Does not happen for me. Can you post a save please :confused:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Unfortunately I have continued that save game.

But as a test in grand campaign, Freederick building depot in Würzen. He has 4(full health)units of supply wagons and 1 unit of Sappers. After depot have finished 3 supply wagons left and no sapper unit.
Attachments
backup.rar
(360.16 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
test.rar
(314.33 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Pocus

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Clovis, send me the XLS and corresponding sct then, and tell me which ones are old and must be deleted in the events directory.

Return to “Help to improve RoP”