squarian
Brigadier General

Depot bns in message window

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Suggested improvement: When a depot bn converts to replacement chits, you get a message saying "I/Dpt bn has finished its training in City X etc", but especially for the Austrian side, where there are many national contingents, it can be difficult to remember in what city you allocated which bn.

How about adding an indication of the bn's nation: "Austrian II/Dept Bn has finished etc etc".

lodilefty

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

squarian wrote:Suggested improvement: When a depot bn converts to replacement chits, you get a message saying "I/Dpt bn has finished its training in City X etc", but especially for the Austrian side, where there are many national contingents, it can be difficult to remember in what city you allocated which bn.

How about adding an indication of the bn's nation: "Austrian II/Dept Bn has finished etc etc".

For Depot Bn, why does it matter? :confused:
They 'vanish' and become replacement chits, and if you wish to build new, you go to Construction mode and find the next available Depot Unit. I always filter by subfaction anyway, and zoom out max to easily see where to build.... :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

lodilefty wrote:For Depot Bn, why does it matter? :confused:
They 'vanish' and become replacement chits, and if you wish to build new, you go to Construction mode and find the next available Depot Unit. I always filter by subfaction anyway, and zoom out max to easily see where to build.... :blink:

It's the only system reminder that the new replacements are available in the pool. It'd be nice to know what kind of replacements I just got, without having to remember what kind of dpt bn I built in a given city three turns ago. Especially since many of the south German towns (and even Alsace?) can be used by several nationalities.

lodilefty

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Ah! Now I understand your idea!

AFAIK, It requires code change to "pass" the variable to the text, so the ball goes to Mr. Pocus. :D

[color="Blue"]Moved to "Improve" forum [/color]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”