berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Florent wrote:Philthib has started to worked on the 3 scenarios...

3 scenarios?

yes!! :thumbsup:
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Florent

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 am

The 3rd scenario takes advantages of the Mollwitz 41 and brings the French, Bavarians and Saxons in September and October 41, the scenario ends in february 42.
Historically, the Franco-Bavarins threatened Vienna, Prag had been taken in November 41 and the Austrians under Maria Theresa's husband François-Stéphane (Franz-Stephan) gathered an Army to relieve the Town but too late.

The scenario is semi-historical as the treaty of Kleinschnellendorf is not done (no diplomatie possible). It supposes that Brown, not Neipperg is sent for the diplomatical mission and that Brown didn't give Neisse to the Prussians and thus the War keeps going on in Silésia.
This Scenario "Maria-Theresa at Bay" will see the Austrians attacked from every side although not at the same time and should be a real challenge.

barbu
Captain

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 am

Any news? Or is it going to be a Christmas gift for all of us ROP owners??

Florent

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 am

No, no advance at all since August.
PhilThib send me (in july) numerous Versions of Molwitz 41 and the 1744 scénarios that i have improved especially in set-up units and starting locations.
The events are awaiting the artists view as the leaders unless they have been done this summer.

I still have to verify the dates for the reinforcements because it didn't work.
The replacements are still to be done.

The set-ups as senn previously are mostly OK although i have forgotten one or 2 units for Molwitz 41.

Thus my playtests this summer (between 30 and 40 games were interesting to discover some problems but many elements were lacking.

I will concentrate only on Molwitz so that there is no confusion to the changes so that this scenario appear rapidly, once done Maria theresa at bay will be done since there will be more turns added (the reinforcements are ready).

The 1744 scenar is more complicated to do since there is many events, etc.. nevertheless my early playtests on early campaign were simply fantastic ;) with the prussians invading Bohemia and the Austrians with von Traun rushing from the rhine to the front.
But the events giving the Saxons didn't work. This scenar has still many additions to be done/verified.

I haven't worked on this for some time as my Cie has some trouble (half of workers are now out of job (11 out of 22) and i had my head elsewhere.

I will write the Historical background in the following days and sent a new set-up adding 3 units soon to Philthib and will verify those dates for reinforcements. It would be nice to have 1 or 2 scenarios with the patch.

Here is the situation and Philthib was very busy in September so that he didn't look at the problems.

Hope that helps. Don't worry the scenarios are coming :thumbsup:

barbu
Captain

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:23 am

No problem. I just wanted to know which AGEOD game will take my time during the holidays. :mdr:

I understand there is still significant work to be done, so I'll wait patiently.

Florent

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am

Mollwitz 41 can be finished rapidly, working reinforcements and one problem to resolve and this is OK.

Maria Theresa at bay needs a working Molwitz 41 as this is the basis and adds a few months an new opponents.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Here is a reworked Frederick. The Frederick one usually has in mind as the "Old Fritz" is actually by far too old for the 7 years war and fits much better to the war of the bavarian succession.

According to wikipedia, the painting by Johann Georg Ziesenis the Younger is the only one during Fredericks reign, for which Frederick has personally posed. It was painted between 17th and 20th June 1763 at Schloss Salzdahlum, so it shows Frederick shortly after the war. It seems as if he had always been a bit hunchbacked. ;)

Here is the preview of my 1763 Frederick-portraits for ROP (the files are attached to the post):

PS: I'm also working on a "battle-sounds"-mod and another set of austrian and prussian unit graphics (this time more in the sober, reduced ageod-unit-graphics-style). Here are some wip previews

Image Image Image Image Image Image (upcoming General Lacy, codename: Mr. frog)

First Prussians (fusilier, forced saxon regiment; both are wip): Image Image
Attachments
Army_PRU_Friedriech.png
Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png
Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png (7.95 KiB) Viewed 74241 times

PhilThib

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Nice :cool:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:15 pm

JacquesDeLalaing wrote: reworked Frederick.

Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png goes in \ROP\Graphics\Units
Army_PRU_Friedriech.png goes in \ROP\Graphics\Armies&Fleets
Before that, you could want to add _BAK to old file names if you want to be able to revert easily.

Florent

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:38 am

Here is a reworked Frederick. The Frederick one usually has in mind as the "Old Fritz" is actually by far too old for the 7 years war and fits much better to the war of the bavarian succession.

Same thing for Maria-Theresa.

2 portraits here, one for the 1740's and a second more inthe 60's or end 50's much better that the in game portrait and give justice to our beloved Maria-Theresa (for Austrians players). :)
Attachments
AUS_Theresa.jpg
AUS_maria.jpg

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Florent wrote:Here is a reworked Frederick.
Same thing for Maria-Theresa.

Reworked? Where must we put these files in \ROP\Graphics?

Florent

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 pm

No this is a proposal for Jacques Delalaing or oneArmedMexican to do a new portrait for Maria-Theresa.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 pm

I find this one from 1762 (painted by Jean-Étienne Liotard) interesting:

I didn't care that much about Maria Theresia because, unlike Frederick, you won't ever meet her on the battlefield. ;) I will try to capture her "beauty" for RoP.

[EDIT:

I also found a painting of Lucchesi here
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]
- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Florent

Young Suvorov

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

That one is for you OneArmedMexican.

JacquesDelalaing, i saw that you updated your post and i like your new Fusilier and Saxons in Prussian Uniform.
Lodilefty has updated i think for the patch the Saxon with a prussian Musketier but your new figurine will add diversity.
As for the new fusilier with golden mitre, i find it very nice and will allow to make diversity in the scenarios.
There will be a new model for Molwitz 41 where the Fusilier were not good soldiers and thus will have less power.
The Fusilier were often Silesian Catholics or coming from other parts of Prussia.
The 2 fusilier figurines will allow to have standard fusiliers and very good fusilier Rgts in one year scenario. :thumbsup:
Attachments
Suvorov.jpg

HHFD50
Captain

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm

JacquesDeLalaing wrote:I find this one from 1762 (painted by Jean-Étienne Liotard) interesting:

I didn't care that much about Maria Theresia because, unlike Frederick, you won't ever meet her on the battlefield. ;) I will try to capture her "beauty" for RoP.

[EDIT:

I also found a painting of Lucchesi here

Funny you say that becuse in my current game playing as the Austrians she leads an army and actually defeated Frederick.

Florent

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:35 am

Normally, she's fixed in Vienna, i suppose that Vienna was besieged to unfix her.

Nikel

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 pm

JacquesDeLalaing wrote:Here is a reworked Frederick. The Frederick one usually has in mind as the "Old Fritz" is actually by far too old for the 7 years war and fits much better to the war of the bavarian succession.

According to wikipedia, the painting by Johann Georg Ziesenis the Younger is the only one during Fredericks reign, for which Frederick has personally posed. It was painted between 17th and 20th June 1763 at Schloss Salzdahlum, so it shows Frederick shortly after the war. It seems as if he had always been a bit hunchbacked. ;)

Here is the preview of my 1763 Frederick-portraits for ROP (the files are attached to the post):

PS: I'm also working on a "battle-sounds"-mod and another set of austrian and prussian unit graphics (this time more in the sober, reduced ageod-unit-graphics-style). Here are some wip previews

Image Image Image Image Image Image (upcoming General Lacy, codename: Mr. frog)

First Prussians (fusilier, forced saxon regiment; both are wip): Image Image

Nice graphics :)

Just in case you need some ideas for uniforms. Osprey released recently a book on Prussia allies

http://books.google.es/books?id=ZUzQxJ0H4bEC&printsec=frontcover&hl=es&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

And Digby Smith is preparing a book on the 7YW

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Armies-Seven-Years-War-Commanders/dp/0752459236/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327602719&sr=1-1

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Florent wrote:That one is for you OneArmedMexican.

Took me some time, but here you go. :)

[ATTACH]17150[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17151[/ATTACH]
That man had a skull like a homus erectus. :blink:
Attachments
Army_RUS_Suvorov.png
Unit_RUS_Suvorov.png
Unit_RUS_Suvorov.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 74444 times
Suvorov.zip
(19.97 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

PhilThib

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Excellent as always!

Florent

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Great !!
On page 6 of this thread, Nikel posted Christian Lobkowitz that i couldn't send to PhilThib.

In the meantime all other leaders have been done by Ageod Artist :) but this forgotten one. If you can do something ;) .
I will have perhaps 2 or three more later.

PhilThib

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, send me whatever you have to make sure we are not missing any..

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, send me whatever you have to make sure we are not missing any..

Is this directed at me or Florent? I believe he probably knows better which new graphics are needed for his scenarios. But of course I can put everything together that I did and that is not yet included in the current patch (besides the graphics done for Florent there are a few more like Sprengporten that aren't yet in the official patch). Just send me a PM. :)

Nikel

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Just in case somebody is interested in creating more portraits for RoP.

2 swedish generals that are using WIA portraits

Lantingshausen

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Lantingshausen%2C_Albrekt

Ungern-Sternberg

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Ungern_Sternberg%2C_Mathias_Alexander_von

Florent

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

Nice, thanks Nikel :thumbsup:

El Nino

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:03 pm

If you are interested, I have found the head of the FRA leader "Comte de Brissac" (in reality "Duc" de Brissac), Jean Paul Timoléon duc de Cossé-Brissac :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Jean_Paul_Timol%C3%A9on_de_Coss%C3%A9-Brissac.jpg

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Nikel wrote:Just in case somebody is interested in creating more portraits for RoP.

2 swedish generals that are using WIA portraits

Lantingshausen

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Lantingshausen%2C_Albrekt

Ungern-Sternberg

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Ungern_Sternberg%2C_Mathias_Alexander_von

Not much time for new graphics right now. But at least I managed to finally finish those two.

Unit_SWE_Lantingshausen.png
Unit_SWE_Lantingshausen.png (10.45 KiB) Viewed 74240 times

Enjoy!
Attachments
Army_SWE_Lantingshausen.png
Army_SWE_UngernSternberg.png
Unit_SWE_UngernSternberg.png
Unit_SWE_UngernSternberg.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 74285 times
new leader graphics.zip
(40.93 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

Nikel

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Nice work OAM :)

Hope RoP team can add them to the game for the next patch.

El Nino

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Very beautiful !

Warsage
Colonel

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Great job OAM. Congratulations!

Florent

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Great Job as always !! :thumbsup:

Return to “Help to improve RoP”