OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:05 am

I stumbled over a portrait of Jakob Sprengtporten yesterday. If you played RoP you will have noticed him ... he is the one Swedish commander that doesn't suck. ;)
I figured the Swedish hero of the Seven Year's War should at least have a face with eyes. So here he is:

[ATTACH]15327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15326[/ATTACH]

Dear developpers, perhaps you can include this in the next patch (like you did with my other graphic sets)? :coeurs:
At least I hope there will be another patch somewhere down the line. :)

If that doesn't happen, I wrote a short description on how to get new graphics into the game in post # 76 of this thread. In the zip file attached o this post you will find all files that are needed.
Attachments
Unit_SWE_Sprengtporten.png
Unit_SWE_Sprengtporten.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 204394 times
Army_SWE_Sprengtporten.png
Sprengtporten.zip
(20.84 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:41 am

An update here : I sent the Set-Up files for Molwitz 41 and the second Silesian War the past week to Philthib.

I have added about 40 Austrians leaders, and 42 Prussians, some of them already in the game but with different command (1, 2 or 3) and a few Saxons.

You can help by doing or researching the portraits so that a pack is sent to Philthib as you did last year.

If you do some leaders, (OnearmedMexican and Pangi), the priority is 2 or 3 stars leaders, the Corps and Colonne commanders.

Here is the list for them : Prussians : Erbprinz Leopold Anhalt Dessau, Friedrich Wilhelm von Holstein-Beck, Heinrich Karl von der Marwitz, Christoph Ernst von Nassau.

Austrians : Otto Ferdinand von Traun, Ludwig Andreas Khevenhüller, Joseph Esterhazy, Karl Batthyanyi, Christian Lobkowitz.

Saxony : Johann Adolph zu Sachsen-Weissenfels.

OneArmedMexican did the Old Dessauer.

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 am

In the Österreichischen Nationalbibliothek several of the austrian are available and the saxon?. Besides now there are high resolution pics, unfortunately with a stamp, but not always covering the face

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/Pages/Search/ProfiSearch.aspx

Esterházy, Joseph Graf (1682 - 1748)

Narwhal

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you, OneArmedMexican. Your work on the portraits of all the games is really appreciated.

One leader I would like to see the face of is the Ebprinz Karl. He is an outstanding leader (one promoted), and for quite a long time he is 50% of your BRU leaders :)

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am

Florent wrote:An update here : I sent the Set-Up files for Molwitz 41 and the second Silesian War the past week to Philthib.

I have added about 40 Austrians leaders, and 42 Prussians, some of them already in the game but with different command (1, 2 or 3) and a few Saxons.

You can help by doing or researching the portraits so that a pack is sent to Philthib as you did last year.

If you do some leaders, (OnearmedMexican and Pangi), the priority is 2 or 3 stars leaders, the Corps and Colonne commanders.

Here is the list for them : Prussians : Erbprinz Leopold Anhalt Dessau, Friedrich Wilhelm von Holstein-Beck, Heinrich Karl von der Marwitz, Christoph Ernst von Nassau.

Austrians : Otto Ferdinand von Traun, Ludwig Andreas Khevenhüller, Joseph Esterhazy, Karl Batthyanyi, Christian Lobkowitz.

Saxony : Johann Adolph zu Sachsen-Weissenfels.

OneArmedMexican did the Old Dessauer.

Can you post the list of all the new leaders?

I can help searching ;)

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Austrians: Karl Kheul, Wenzel Wallis, Wilhelm moritz von Roth, Johann Friedrich Berlichingen, Karl Joachim Römer, Nikolaus Grünne, Oswaldo Göldy(also written Goeldy sometimes), Joseph von Festetics, Franz von der Trenck(famous Panduren Leaders), Friedrich Wilhelm von Menzel (idem), Oberst Strassoldo, Belotti von Philibert, Sandor Karolyi, Belesznay (hussar), Joseph Caesar Lentulus, d'ollone, Adam Sigmund von Thüngen, Joseph Philibert de Fontanella, Heusler, Jakob von Cognazzo, Meligni, Jacob Joseph von Hagenbach, Oberst Baron Formentini, Hermann O'Gilvy, GFWM Minsky, Baron de Fin, Adam Dessewffy, Franz Nadasdy, Johann von Ghilanyi, Freiherr von Helfreich, Baden-Durlach, Graf Schulenburg, von Holly, Carl von Konitz, Graf Luzan, Franz Esterhazy, graf Hohenems, Franz von Fischer, Philibert von Bostanzi (sometimes written Bostanzic).

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Prussians : Dietrich von Anhalt-Dessau, Adam Friedrich von Jeetze, Christoph von Derschau, Asmus von Bredow, Adolph Friedrich von der Schulenburg, Wilhelm Dietrich von Buddenbrock, Georg Heinrich von Borcke, Konrad Heinrich von Gröben, Carl Friedrich Albrecht Markgraf von Brandenburg-Schwedt (Margraf Carl), Ernst Ludwig von Götze, Friedrich Rudolf von Rothenburg, Paul Heinrich Tilio de Camas, Friedrich Wilhelm von Kyau, Christian Ernst von Münchow, Casimir von Bonin, Peter von Blanckensee, Johann Kaspar von Hertzberg, Samuel von Polenz, Gottfried Emmanuel von Einsiedel, Karl von Wedell, Joachim Ernst von Zimmernow, Hans Christoph von Hacke, Adam Friedrich von Wreech, Peter Györy( Hussar Leader), Peter Ludwig du Moulin, Carl Heinrich von Truchsess, Samuel von Schlichting, Nikolaus Andreas Katzler, Otto Friedrich von Leps, Karl von Posadowski.

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Good start :thumbsup: , Trenck is better on Wikipedia.

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Florent wrote:Good start :thumbsup: , Trenck is better on Wikipedia.

Yes, you are right. I am editing the post ;)

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:10 pm

The wikipedia has the correct bio, but the portrait is wrong this is more the 1650-1660 not 1740's. I have a portrait in a book more in the 1705-1720, i will try to have a scan if you don't find him. ;)

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Sorry, what do you mean, that the portrait is of another person?

What book do you talk about? In fact which books or references have you used? ;)

Another pandur, there is a Menzel, but the name is Daniel, could be this?

Amazing portrait by the way :D

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Yes this is not our Traun, in the picture he looks like a 30Years war officer at the time of Condé until the 1660 and Traun is born in 1677, there is clearly a problem. I will see at work tomorrow if a scan is possible, you will see the difference !!
Menzel, i have verified in the Bio of Fred II by Asprey and he has Friedrich Wilhelm, i will verify in other sources, perhaps a brother, mine died in Alsace in 1743 or 1744 by cannon ball that didn't hurt him but a few inch of him, he died a few hours later.

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Is our Traun according to the austrian library, but young ;)

This is Menzel, Johann Daniel von (1698 - 1744). There are several portraits of him available.

The portrait posted before is of Trenck, Franz Freiherr (1711 - 1749)

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/downl/3742937/layout/PORT_00008834_01.jpg

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/downl/8076636/layout/Pf3735C1.jpg

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/downl/3742931/layout/PORT_00008833_01.jpg

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:11 pm

What book do you talk about? In fact which books or references have you used?

I have used like the seven years war the excellent books written by Dorn and Engelmann. " Die Infanterie-Regimenter Friedrich des Grossen" and their books on Cavalerie-Regimenter and "Die Schlacht Friedrichs des Grossen" about the Battles with OOB for each battles.

For Infantry you have all Rgts from IR 1 to Garnison Rgt, one page, the left one has all the Colonel with Family name + First Name (this is where i took my Brigade leaders ;) then you have historically, for each campaign where the Rgts started a Campaign in Colonne 1, 2 or 3 and the leader, for 1744 for exemple, this is Fred, Scwherin, Erbprinz Leopold or Marwitz, the right page is the uniform for the Rgts.

I bought them in 1993 in Berlin or Potsdam during my military service.

I have also used the Bio of Asprey about Fred II, and Duffy bio on von Brown republished one year ago " The Wild Goose and the Eagle ".

But the most important source were the Austrian Archives :" Oesterreichischer Erbfolge-Krieg 1740-1748 in 8 Vol with plenty of annexes and OOB, the text has plenty of details when 5 or 6 Btns are leaving for another front or are just arriving for exemple.

For Molwitz i used vol 1 and especially2 as well as vol 7 for second Silesian War, each volume is about 900 pages including the Annexes.

For the French i used Pajol " Les Guerres de Louis XV "
The book with Traun is Friedrich II. by Georg Holmsten, i bought it at Sans-Souci in 1993.

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:16 pm

[B]This is Menzel, Johann Daniel von (1698 - 1744). There are several portraits of him available.[/B

I will have to modify then...Asprey is wrong :D

Trenck portrait on Wikipedia looks more ferocious and wilde and show the cruelty of the man...

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:19 pm

I have also used Fred II's Histoire de mon temps vol 1 et 2.

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Impressive references, just hope JacquesDeLalaing, Pangi and OneArmedMexican join the party and create the graphics your scenarios deserves. Also that the map is expanded ;)

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Jacques DeLalaing improved significantly the Austrian Army, look above in the posts, the Austrian infantryman especially is impressive, hope that the French army will get such a treatment beacause the Gardes Françaises and Suisses are ugly as well as many others that have a Prussian like uniforms.

I hope that DLCs will improve the map, more details for Bavaria with Inn River, Braunau as well as more of eastern France in Alsace, the Moselle Valley and of course the Flanders for the 175-1747 campaigns there, a DLC would be welcome for northern Italy until Mantoue/Mantova and we coul have the Spanish Army who fought there in 1734 as well as 1741 to 47.

Here is what i have on a doc for Italy 1741-1747 and ready to be put on a Model File to rebuild units :

Infanterie de Ligne Espagnole : I./Reyna|II./Reyna|I./Castilia|II./Castilia|I./Lombardia|II./Lombardia|I./Galicia|II./Galicia|I./Savoya|II./Savoya|I./Corona|II./Corona|I./Afrika|II./Afrika|I./Zamora|II./Zamora|I./Soria|II./Soria|I./Cordova|II./Cordova|I./Guadalajara|II./Guadalajara|I./Sevilla|II./Sevilla|I./Granada|I./Victoria|II./Victoria|I./Lisboa|II./Lisboa|I./Espana|II./Espana|I./Toledo|II./Toledo|I./Mallorca|II./Mallorca|I./Burgos|II./Burgos|I./Murcia|II./Murcia|I./Leon|II./Leon|I./Cantabria|II./Cantabria|I./Asturias|II./Asturias|I./Navarra|II./Navarra|I./Aragon|II./Aragon|I./Cataluna|II./Cataluna|

Infanterie Irlandaise : I./Irlanda|II./Irlanda|I./Ibernia|II./Ibernia|I./Ultonia|II./Ultonia|

Infanterie Italienne : I./Napoli|II./Napoli|I./Parma|II./Parma|I./Milan|II./Milan

Infanterie Wallone : I./Flandes|II./Flandes|I./Brabante|II./Brabante|I./Bruselas|II./Bruselas

Infanterie Suisse : III./Wirtz|I./Bessler|IV./Bessler|I./Arreger|II./Arreger|I./Sury|II./Sury

Infanterie Légère : I./Gebirgsfüsiliere|II./Gebirgsfüsiliere

Cavalerie : Garde : Gardes du Corps avec 4 escadrons.
Carabineros Reale avec 4 escadrons.
Granaderos a Caballo à 1 escadron.

Cuirassiers : Reyna|Principe|Milan|Borbon|Ordenes|Farnesio|Alcantara|Estremadura|Barcelona|Montesa|Malta|Brabante|Flandes|Algarve|Andalusia|Calatrava|Granada|Sevilla|Santiago|Salamanca|Cuantiosos de Andalusia|Costa de Granada|Coraceros del Real aleman| avec 3 escadrons.

Dragons : Reyna|Belgia|Batavia|Pavia|Frisia|Sagunto|Numancia|Lusitania|Francia|Almansa|Estremadura|Palma|Oran|Villaviciosa|Merida|Edimburgo|Italica| avec 3 escadrons.
:D

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Adolph Friedrich von der Schulenburg. Prussian Leader.
Attachments
Adolf_vonder_Schulenburg.jpg

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 pm

We need it for the Saxon Auxiliary Corps. ;)
Attachments
Johann_Adolf_I._von_Sachsen-Weißenfels_(a).jpg

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:08 pm

But should be the second? ;)

Johann Adolf I., Herzog von Sachsen-Weißenfels (1649 - 1697)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Adolf_I._(Sachsen-Wei%C3%9Fenfels)

Johann Adolf II., Herzog von Sachsen-Weißenfels (1685 - 1746)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Adolf_II._(Sachsen-Wei%C3%9Fenfels)

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Prussian Cavalry Leader Buddenbrock.
Attachments
Wilhelm_Dietrich_von_Buddenbrock_001a.jpg

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Yes you are right :bonk:
Attachments
Johann_Adolf_II._von_Sachsen-Weissenfels_b.jpg

Nikel

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:25 pm

A pair of prussians, click on the arrow pointing down below the portrait for a full resolution pic

Friedrich Wilhelm von Holstein-Beck

http://www.bildindex.de/dokumente/html/obj20086173

Adam Friedrich von Wreech

http://www.bildindex.de/dokumente/html/obj20086181

Also

Rothenburg

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/downl/7795175/layout/PORT_00098286_01.jpg

Kyau there are more available, just one

[ATTACH]15339[/ATTACH]

Also found this that may be of interest

Annals of the wars of the eighteenth century, compiled from the most authentic histories of the period / II : 1739-1759

http://reader.digitale-sammlungen.de/resolve/display/bsb10031577.html
Attachments
BN19542.jpg

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:45 pm

du Moulin. Fantastic work Nikel !!!
Attachments
Peter_Ludwig_du_Moulin_(1681-1756).png

Florent

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Good harvest today 17 leaders not including Traun which is too young :wacko: .

Now our old Friends:

OneArmedMexican did the Old Dessauer, and some other leader like Daun, Brown, Piccolomini, Schwerin, Moritz, Marschall von Bilberstein, Prinz Heinrich, Fouque, Lehwaldt, Buckow, Harsch, Charles de Lorraine, Koeniggsegg, Sincere, Puebla, Stahremberg, d'Aremberg, Spada, Simbschen, Kheul, Zieten, Rudolf Palffy, Rutowski, Kalckstein, Markgraf Carl, and i could have added Winterfeldt and Johann von Schmettau.

Thus 25 leaders that were in the game are still there + 2 that i will add as an up date to Philthib, those in bold have perhaps no portrait in RoP.

Thus at least 42 leaders are done for the scenarios so far...

OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Narwhal wrote:Thank you, OneArmedMexican. Your work on the portraits of all the games is really appreciated.

One leader I would like to see the face of is the Ebprinz Karl. He is an outstanding leader (one promoted), and for quite a long time he is 50% of your BRU leaders :)

Thank you for the compliment.

I found a portrait of the young Erbprinz. The portrait the game currently uses doesn't seem far off. I will try to create a new portrait nevertheless.

[ATTACH]15340[/ATTACH]

Dear Florent,

I am impressed, the new scenarios seem to be very far along. Congratulations! :thumbsup: I will try to contribute more portraits but making portraits for RoP is a lot more time consuming than for RUS. I don't know how many I will be able to do.

All the best for your work.
Attachments
erbprinz karl 558 - 559.jpg

Florent

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 am

Otto Ferdinand von Traun.

Florent

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 am

Otto Ferdinand von Traun. ;)
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”