Chicken Spadge
Private

Changing Unit Panel Colours

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Can anyone tell me how to change the background colours on the unit panels?

Here's a prime candidate for change.

I've tried changing the Color files in Aliases, but all I've managed to achieve is to change the colour of the city names on the map.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:59 pm

I can see the problem. :D Which faction is this?

Go to the folder Aliases and open Colors2_Factions (use windows editor or any basic text program). Now search for $colXXXMain (XXX= insert shortcut/tag of your faction here; e.g. $colPRUMain = Prussia). Replace the existing colour-values of this entry with a colour of your liking (the info given is CMYK? You need gimp or any other photoshop-programm to fetch the data of your desired colour. You could also look it up on the internet somewhere).

(If you're not sure about the faction abbreviation, go to GameData/Factions. Open the correct faction-file where you will see the info (look at the faction tag and/or search for "Color=" )
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]
- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Chicken Spadge
Private

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:40 pm

JacquesDeLalaing wrote:I can see the problem. :D Which faction is this?

Go to the folder Aliases and open Colors2_Factions (use windows editor or any basic text program). Now search for $colXXXMain (XXX= insert shortcut/tag of your faction here; e.g. $colPRUMain = Prussia). Replace the existing colour-values of this entry with a colour of your liking (the info given is CMYK? You need gimp or any other photoshop-programm to fetch the data of your desired colour. You could also look it up on the internet somewhere).

(If you're not sure about the faction abbreviation, go to GameData/Factions. Open the correct faction-file where you will see the info (look at the faction tag and/or search for "Color=" )

The problem is that I've already tried what you suggested, and this is what happened:

It was Hannover, so I changed the colour for $colHANMain to a shade of red. As you can see, the result is that the colour for the city of Hannover has changed from pink to red, but the colour on the unit panel remains pink.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Hm, but the units do use colHANMain - I've checked the unit-files. Have you tried to delete your models.cached and units.cached-files? To be found in GameData/models (at the very end) and GameData/units? The game caches certain types of info, sometimes you need to delete these to make the game reload all data and thereby register your changes.

Chicken Spadge
Private

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Yes, that fixed it. I'd forgotten that you have to do this with AGEOD games.

Thanks a lot for your help.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 pm

:thumbsup:

Return to “RoP Mods”