Pocus

ROP Gold 1.11 Database released

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Thank you a lot, Pocus! :coeurs:
May I ask you if there is a way to give all inf and cav units 20 hits/strength points? I've changed all the relevant models hits to 20, but still the units of the "setup" only start with 10/20 hits per element.

I assumed that the setup redirects to the units files (gamedata/units) where I need to find the file with the correct "alias".
This file then tells me how many elements of which model type are part of the unit and thus redirects me to the models (gamedata/models), where I need to find the files with the correct "alias".
(*alternatively, the scn-file shows the UID-number (for the faction-specific models) for each element of the OOB, which is handy as I don't need to look up the "aliases")
Since those are usually faction-specific models, they use a "template" and only note deviations from that template and portraits, etc.
So I need to check the template-UID and look out for the CMN-model file with the correct alias. In these files, I've changed Hits from 10 to 20.

And it all works well with units that appear as part of events - they all come with 20/20 hits. It's just the units of the starting OOB that still come with 10/20 hits. I can do it by hand by changing the values in the scn-file itself (and it works), but this takes a lot of time, and I'd need to redo it everytime I change some detail in the OOB/create a new scn-file.
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]
- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:36 pm

You need to regenerate the scenario because the value used when creating the scn was 10 and not 20. There must be some tutorials around on how to produce a scn from a script file.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Done. Worked. :thumbsup:
[CENTER][color="#A52A2A"] S I L E S I A I N R U P T A[/color]

- a work-in-progress mod for Rise of Prussia - [/CENTER]

Return to “RoP Mods”