Bohémond

ROP Gold 5 Players Campaign Scenario

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello,

You will find below a 5 players Campaign Scenario based on 4 Players Scenario from ROP Gold.

Great Britain is now a independent faction and controls Hannover.

Extract in ROP Gold Root Folder, where Rop.exe is located.

It should overwrite several files.

The attachment MP5.zip is no longer available

This scenario needs ROP Gold 1.11 Version.

Please report any bugs/issue.

Regards
Attachments
MP5.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Pocus

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 am

Hi!
You should probably advertise it a bit in the ROP main forum too :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bohémond

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:38 am

Post #1 Updated ;

Bug in More Money Option Fixed
New Rule and Setting for Dev Level .

Regards

Ebbingford

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Bohemond, I was looking at giving this a go in PBEM as the British/Hanoverians, so thought I had better run through it against the AI.
Slight problem, the French are too powerful, too quickly. The whole French Army can be thrown against Hanover after they unlock on turn 2. Once Hanover has lost Munster they then get no more EPs. The main British contingent option can then never be selected as you don't get anymore EPs. I was only playing against the AI and managed to keep my army intact until Ferdinand arrived but against a human Hanover will be out of the war by the end of the year I think.
I don't know what the solution is..... Maybe have the French forces unlock at different times, 10 turns apart? Perhaps give Brunswick and Hesse to Hanover/Britain?
I don't know.
Has anybody else tried this?
What do they think.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

I have observed similar problem. Besides I think it is pretty much difficult to protect without Prussian force vs French numbers. I believe for grand campaign modding (4 player), Russian light cavalry may have some limitations&area cohesion or/and they may have some desertion events.

Bohémond

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 am

Ebbingford wrote:Hi Bohemond, I was looking at giving this a go in PBEM as the British/Hanoverians, so thought I had better run through it against the AI.
Slight problem, the French are too powerful, too quickly. The whole French Army can be thrown against Hanover after they unlock on turn 2. Once Hanover has lost Munster they then get no more EPs. The main British contingent option can then never be selected as you don't get anymore EPs. I was only playing against the AI and managed to keep my army intact until Ferdinand arrived but against a human Hanover will be out of the war by the end of the year I think.
I don't know what the solution is..... Maybe have the French forces unlock at different times, 10 turns apart? Perhaps give Brunswick and Hesse to Hanover/Britain?
I don't know.
Has anybody else tried this?
What do they think.

Some spanish players have made several PBEM with this mod and confirm what you describe.
The way we find to solve this is to give some extra EP to Factions via Events. It allow GB to ''survive'' a little bit and makes the game more dynamic.

Regards

Ebbingford

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 am

Perhaps in this scenario the British forces should just arrive by event at, or around, their historic arrival dates?
Or do away with the EP cost of the option?
I still think that against a human opponent Hanover won't survive until the British arrive. Their army is massively out numbered by the French. Of course this is historical, the French were masters of Hanover after the Convention of Kloster-Zeven in september 1757. But how to represent this in the game?
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Herr Doctor
Conscript

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 pm

Could you please move Brunswick and Hessen to British control as was suggested above? Brunswick was extremely closely related to both Britain and Hanover dynastically, politically, economically and military.
Hessen is a bit other story but considering its forces historically were used exclusively on the "western front" (battles of Emsdorf, Bergen, Corbach etc), often under command of Ferdinand of Brunswick, this also makes much more sense than being tied to Prussia in game terms. Plus this will improve the mentioned balance issue a lot.

Return to “RoP Mods”