vonBredow
Sergeant

Frederick's Old Portrait?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Could I use Frederick's old (and the classic) portrait in the game? How would I do it?

The new one I see after installing the latest patch is simply... horrible :( Just horrible.

Thanks a lot!

Carnium

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Hm, make a clean install of the game, check that you really have the old portrait installed and then backup these files:

Army_PRU_Friedriech.png located in ROP/Graphics/Armies&Fleets
Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png located in ROP/Graphic/Units

Keep the backups in a safe place. Upgrade the game to the latest patch and restore the backups by replacing the new files with the old, backuped ones.
Before starting a new game delete the Models.Cached file located in GameData/Models directory if you have it!

Hope it works, but keep in mind that the "horrible" portrait is historical correct for the ROP time frame!

vonBredow
Sergeant

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 am

Carnium wrote:Hm, make a clean install of the game, check that you really have the old portrait installed and then backup these files:

Army_PRU_Friedriech.png located in ROP/Graphics/Armies&Fleets
Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png located in ROP/Graphic/Units

Keep the backups in a safe place. Upgrade the game to the latest patch and restore the backups by replacing the new files with the old, backuped ones.
Before starting a new game delete the Models.Cached file located in GameData/Models directory if you have it!

Hope it works, but keep in mind that the "horrible" portrait is historical correct for the ROP time frame!

Sorry for my late reply but I managed to figure this out, just like you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

And I know, but his portrait is so iconic and pretty much used everywhere else in the game that I think the old one feels *right*.

Regards

Titan79
Conscript

Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:59 pm

I apologize for the thread necroing but, for anyone like me who'd still want to have the old Friedrich portrait, here it is (courtesy of vonBredow who kindly sent the two files to me).

The files are to be put in:

.../Graphics/Armies&Fleets/Army_PRU_Friedriech.png
.../Graphic/Units/Unit_PRU_Friedriech.png
Attachments
Friedrich(vanilla).rar
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

Return to “RoP Mods”