Xaloc
General of the Army

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Yes! waiting for news! glad to know a new project is in progress! :thumbsup:

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:30 pm

berto wrote:Yes, after WIA & ROP, I'll be redoing ACW & NCP weathers, too.

I expect to finalize the ROP weathers mod before the end of August, then soon afterward WIA.

(But right now, I'm focusing on another secret, behind-the-scenes project. ;) )

An Update:

My "secret" project has been keeping my extremely busy. You'll be seeing results in some of the other AGEOD games soon (and in all the games, eventually). ;)

Because I've been diverted, I have not worked on the various Weathers mods for over a month. But, after a week of vacation next week, my highest priority on return will be to finalize my ROP Weathers mod, in the sense of bringing it to v1.0, -- i.e., the first "official" release (in my sense, not the AGEOD sense of the word--though that might very well come).

Summarizing: I intend to issue a v1.0 ROP Weathers mod by the third week of September. I hope to produce a v1.0 WIA Weathers mod by the end of September, and weathers mods also for ACW & NCP sometime in October or later.

So little time, so much to do... :wacko:
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:28 am

An while your at it, some of the PON weathers seem to be off. Mostly blizzards in the time and place where there should be severe thunder storms and monsoons (one province in southern LA in May I think and much of India in monsoon season.) Time permitting ;)

wijse

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Great work!

Kensai

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:53 am

Has this ever been implemented and tested thoroughly? And what on earth happened to berto? He turned rogue?! :confused:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

PhilThib

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:07 am

I never saw it finalized unfortunately. And Berto was banned after unproper behavior/posting on outside forums and breach of NDA

Moriety
Major

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 pm

PhilThib wrote:I never saw it finalized unfortunately. And Berto was banned after unproper behavior/posting on outside forums and breach of NDA

A shame.

I modded my AACW and BOA weather files ages ago on my old PC to reduce the 8 month winters. :)

I just did a quick check of a Central German town (near Mainz) for averages over 40 years of rain and snowfall.

Rain in Nov-Dec = 50% chance approx. (1 in 2.5 to a 1 in 3 chance on average through year.)
Snow in Dec-Feb a 1 in 9 to a 1 in 10 chance. (1 in 30 chance for Nov, Mar, Apr).
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Return to “RoP Mods”