Stoertebeker
Corporal

Let's patch the game

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 am

I think that RoP is a wonderful game. But it still needs some polishing. As it seems that the Phils are busy with PoN, I don't think that we can be sure to get bigger patches soon. As the game is quite accessible for modders, I think we can do a lot ourselves.

1. No auto-upgrades of infantry units (done).

2. Lower the experience gains in battle.

3. Northerner Trait has to be tweaked.

4. There should be Dp.Btl. for every unit in the game.

5. Events that give replacements could be changed so that they generate ressources instead.

6. Death Rates for Leaders should be augmented (times 2 or 3 or even more).

7. Units should need more War Supplies (especially Elite ones, cavalry and Ari) to be built.

8. Delete (or tweak) poor Sanitation events. Higher probability of the typhus event instead.

9. Remove the insurrection infantry from the Austrian build list and add the missing militia, small and medium militia garrisons

10. Combat values of units could be varied to get more … variety of units. (Prussian Grenadiers could get some extra off. firepower, Swedes and HRE-Troops get lower ones, for example.)

11. Lower the VP and NM-Cost for elements

I think that those things can be done in a reasonable amount of time. I'm willing to do it myself within the next weeks but it would be nice if we could make some community project of it. I'd also like to get feedback for the proposals as I don't want to invest time for changes that are not appreciated.

Return to “RoP Mods”