lightsfantastic
Colonel

Need assistance on an idea...

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Attached is my version of the Saxon Capitulation file. You can see that I have given the Prussians every battalion of the captured infantry, artillery and supply units (Saxon names replaced by the Prussian.) Grenadier and cavalry units become regular Prussian replacements (historical.)
What Id like to do...and I know this could mean a lot of coding, is setup an event for each individually named unit (I./Wietersheim IR50, II./Wietersheim IR50, etc...) to have a 75% chance between certain dates in 1757 to desert the Prussians and join the Austrians in Hungary. I know I will have to adjust a later 1758 Event (Saxon Convention.) I will either have a certain number of Prussian Replacements (Saxon Grenadiers and Cavalry from above) desert to Austria with each battalion, or set up some separate events for them.
Doable?
Attachments

[The extension xls has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

PhilThib

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:13 pm

The idea is good, and I guess you checked the original events of ROP, where there are much less Saxon regiments in Prussian service (and already dispatched to other locations) ;) ... which accounted for future 'desertions' in advance...

Now you can then make an event for each unit and test it's desertion later on...perfectly doable. I may suggest you do a template on 1 regiment and see if it works.

Now, as a recomendation, I would not put all the Saxons at Pirna, but have them spread over different Prussian locations and fixed for some time, as in original event...in this way, you make exploits of using them as cheap cannon fodder early on :D

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:19 pm

What would be the proper command?

PhilThib

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Use the RemoveUnqUnit command. :cool: - see here: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/RemUnqUnit

Be careful that the name is really unique though, or it won't work.

There are other ways but a bit more cumbersome :D

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Thank you. I thought that was it but I wanted to make sure.

Return to “RoP Mods”