Hohenlohe

Implementation of a new Leader

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Is it possible to implement a new prussian leader like my alter ego "Hohenlohe".
I want to make him a 1* General.
The data for the model file seems to be easy. A picture is already existing.
I do only need some advice:
1.) which format should the png-file have, I mean the pixel size.
2.)in which subfolders do I need a refering file or where should I look for a necessary file?
3.)how can I make him appear in the game either in Berlin or in Dresden?
4.)which file number can I give him or should I add a new number if possible?
5.) I have seen that there are some unnamed Brigadiers or socalled extraBrigadiers. Is it possible to change that file to the one I want??

I hope that any veteran could help me because the developers are heavily involved in improving the game and i will not disturb them doing so.

greetings

Hohenlohe, a beginner in modding... :bonk:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 pm

This should be feasible although not that easy (for a beginner) ;)

First, I have indeed reserved some models and units (the so-called ExtraBrigadiers) for such a purpose, so your point 5) is right ;)

Now, regarding the other points:

1/ Take the sample in the Graphics/Units and Graphics/Armies: it will give you the exact size / shape in pixels. PANGI or Nikel here are experts too :cool:

2/ To make a new leader, you need a model file (GameData/Models), a unit file (GameData/Units), and to reference both files aliases in the relevant alias files (Aliases).

3/ This is the most complex, as you first need to create your new leader's model and units files, then you need to insert it in a scenario. We mostly do so with the use of Excel files which are used to create setups (through a specific process that requires you to read in detail this forum sections on 'How to Mod Ageod Games'). It's not so difficult, but may look akward at first glance for a beginner. You'll need help for your first try :D

4/ The file(s) numbers MUST be in sequence of existing ones, not random or 'what you wish'. Best now is either to use one of the Prussian ExtraBrigadier existing files, or add a file # which is the last of existing lists +1

May be start by finding the pic, making the graphics, and also writing here all the values / abilities you want for him
:thumbsup:

Nikel

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Regarding the portrait, in this link you will find a tutorial

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15629

Note that what I do is to add the color, not to draw the portrait from scratch. The result is different to drawing it. Perhaps Pangi can comment what he does

Hohenlohe

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Dear Philippe and dear Nikel, thank you sofar. I will look deeper inside the graphic thing the next days and will then bring the graphic.

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Return to “RoP Mods”