Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Rise of Prussia Pbem AAR Monte v LHL

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi there, I thought I would write a Rise of Prussia AAR, I am playing a Pbem game against Monte, who is a very worthy opponent :)

We are quite far into the game, the month is early april and the year is 1758. The armies of Prussia and her allies are ready for a new campaign having rebuilt and replaced most of the casualties of the battles in 1757.... below are the forces at my command....

We will start with Frederick the greats Elbe army in Schweidnitz with a total of 30,500 men and 202 guns...

17,000 men and 112 guns

and Beverns column...
11,000 men and 90 guns

and a small force of light infantry commanded by Le Noble for scouting...

and the situation around the Kings army, Schwerin is on his way to Colberg to replace Lehwaldt who has retired due to illhealth and age...

Next is James Kieth's Konigliche army with a total of 40,000 men and 372 guns in Leipzig and Dresden...

Heinrich's column is currently resting and receiving replacements inside Leipzig...
8,000 men and 122 guns

Preussen's column in dresden
18,000 men and 86 guns

Wedell's column in Dresden...
14,500 men and 164 guns

Katte's cavalry column in Leipzig...
6,300 cavalry

and the situation around Keith's army...

Next is the Braunschweig army with a total of 52,500 men and 550 guns in Minden led by Prinz Ferdinand...

Zastrow's column
9,800 men and 30 guns

Wangenhiem's column
11,900 men and 46 guns

Moritz column
10,700 men and 192 guns

Wutginau column, at Kassel in the forest..
11,000 men and 140 guns..

and lastly Granby's British troops who have just landed in Bremen and have been ordered to march to minden to join witht the main army.
9,100 men and 192 guns

and the situation around Minden

Next the troops around Colberg that Schwerin is going to take command of next turn...

Dohna's troops..
10,500 men and 76 guns

and some cavalry at Colberg
7,700 cavalry

The situation at Colberg..

And lastly with Sweden's declaration or war on Prussia, the men of northern Prussia have answered the call to arms and formed militia units, below is a description of those units...

At Berlin Werner commands a force of 7,500 militia, will try to add a few cannon later to this force..

At Stettin Anhalt commands a force of 3,600 militia and 20 guns

and last of all kleist's raiders with 698 Light cavalry..

These militia will be expected to defend Berlin, Stettin and surrounding regions from Swedish aggresion...

Thanks for your interest :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Good to see another AAR Longhairedlout espeically in ROP :thumbsup:

I hope I will get some good "techniques" from an experienced player :)

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:24 am

Haha I don't know about the good techniques Baris, it will be enjoyable though, thanks for the interest :)

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 am

Ok I said I would post some plans....

We will start with Frederick and Keith, they are both part of a attack on the Austrian column, I am hoping to defeat the Austrian's at Bautzen and then have the combined armies advance south to attack the Austrian troops at Prag.. this I hope will force the Austrian units at Koniggratz to move to Prag and have to fight Frederick and Keith's fine Prussian troops...

Next is Ferdinands army.... hopefully Granby's fine British troop's will add enough punch for Ferdinand to defeat the French, we will see...

Next is the Miltia around Berlin and Stettin....

and Lastly the troops around Colberg

Thanks for reading... I will post the results of the next turn tomorrow :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 am

Excellent and Im curious :) very good job dear Longhairedlout. It looks very good.

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

Hey there, I said I would post the result of the 1758 early April turn.. so here they are.

First we start off with the King and his Army of the Elbe.... the King moved his army east and managed to engage an Austrian column in the mountains, also the map show my future plans for the King and his army...

As you can see it was only a skirmish and the Austrians managed to retreat before we could do too much damage, below is the battle report..

The detailed combat report lets you see which units performed well in the battle.. below are two units who scored some lucky hits on the enemy..

As you can see on the map a large austrian force under Prince Charles de Lorraine is moving north to besiege Schweidnitz, I will try to Defeat Daun with the Army of the Elbe and then attack Lorraine's force.. as you can see below the Prince has a sizable force at his command..

Next we move on to Minden and Ferdinand's army... I didn't expect Monte to attack until he had captured Lippstadt..instead he has concentrated the French army and has moved to attack my army at Minden... as I have said on the map I will withdraw to more favourable defensive ground behind the river... I am hoping Monte will make the mistake of attacking across the river and incur a large penalty in doing so..

I have attached a picture of the French army approaching Minden.. as you can see it is quite a sizable army, probably around 60,000 men, I may be wrong though.

Next we move south into the thick Forests around Kassel.. as you can see I was right to keep one of Ferdinand's column's there as I can now see that there is a large French force snaking its way along the road that cuts through the forest..

Next is the situation around Colberg, Schwerin has formed the army of the Nord and stands ready to fight the Russian's in the Marshes..

I am confident that The army of the Nord can defeat the Russian's, below is a breakdown of their force.

Next we move onto Leipzig, Prince Heinrich has been given the task of protecting Leipzig and the surrounding region's from any advance by the Holy Roman Empire from the direction of Eger, his column is below strength and needs to replace casualties from the fighting in 1757...

Thanks for reading... :)

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 am

Hi there, here are the event that occurred during the 1758 late April turn.... First lets start with the King and his Elbe army.. I have done some reorganising and have made Keith a column commander again, he has taken over command of Wedell's troops and Kieth's, Prince Heinrich, Kattes and Preussen 's troops have been assigned to the army of the Elbe, that takes the troops under Fredericks command up to.. 51,000 Infantry 6,300 cavalry 462 cannon

here is a picture of the situation around the army of the Elbe..

As you can see Daun seems to be waiting... I will attack south, threatening Prag and try to draw Daun and Lorraine into a fight....

Next at Minden the French attack before I Ferdinand can withdraw across the river... below is the battle report..

As you can see the French had 80,000 and they managed to engage Granby's British troops and Moritz's troops before they could get over the river.... below are some units who either performed well or not so well in the detailed battle report..

First are some French units.. the Medal means that these unit's destroyed at least one enemy unit during that round.

Next are some of my units, the red square with the minus sign means that Kingsley's British troops where already tired from the march south from Bremen and did not fight well that round.

and lastly Shulenburg's brigade who managed to destroy an enemy element..

Below is the situation at around Minden... I will try and get all of my column's across the river and form a defensive line, Granby's British troops will head back north to Bremen to rest and reinforce.

Next is the Situation around Kassel... now the French army is closer I have more information..

It seems Monte has chosen to attack with French and Holy Roman Empire forces... I have ordered Prince Heinrich's column to attack Erfurt in the hope of drawing off some of the French/HRE troops from the expected attack on Kassel...

Lastly there is some good news from North America, the capture by the British of Fort Louis..

and the positive effects for the Prussian's and her allies..

and thats it for this turn, I will post the next turn results soon :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:47 am

Excellent AAR and representation Longhairedlout :thumbsup:

Detailed battle report is very helpful to understand the battle. It seems Army in Prag will stay there for a while. Daun is waiting in south but very feverish :) . Looks like after your move to south Prince Charles de Lorraine can interfere and come closer . I dont see other forces of Austrian coaliton. Some in Kassel in far west

But it looks like you will lose Schweidnitz. But only for temporary :)

Return to “RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs”