Marquee
Sergeant

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 am

Enjoying the play, very nice looking action.

BTW in the Battle Reports, in English it is "cannon", not "canons". That is, two "n's" and no "s" for the plural. The plural of cannon is "cannon".

Ironclad61
Major

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Good, more cannon fodder :thumbsup: ooo a little question, in the prussian victory in Freudenthal... why suffer range casualties if enemy dont have artillery??? are musket casualties consider as range casualties??? i dont remember it well from other games many time out of AGEOD thanks.

PhilThib

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Ranged casualties are all fire casualties (not only artillery). The other casualties are assault (i.e. close combat) casualties :cool:

Generalisimo

Chapter 7

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:08 pm

[SIZE="4"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Chapter 7: Schlacht um Berlin[/font][/size]

First of all, let's look again at the Victory Points and Objectives screen... after all these battles, something must have changed...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
And definitely, it has. We now have the advantage on the NM side and on VP.
The total casualties is also on our favour... probably related to the continuous victories around Lobositz. Heinrich von Preussen alone is winning the war for us... so it is time to do something more to give the final strike to the austrian menace.

In the East:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Ferdinand Preussen receives the orders to force march to meet his army with the one of Friedrich. His forces are no match for Daun's Army.
Due to the presence of Daun's Army in the area, Friedrich reorganizes his army, increasing his size, as you can see here:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
We must be prepared if Daun heads this way.

Also, a new regiment is recruited to strenght the Breslau fortress:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Again, with the same purpose, to hold Daun advance in this front.

A bit north, but also on the east front:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
We order some new batteries to help with the defense of this fortress. The austrian are attacking them over and over again, so we need more defense power. This is a very risky move... the artillery will not be ready to fight right now, and if we loose the fortress in the following turn, the artillery will be lost... or what is worst, will fall in the hands of the austrians.
But, thanks to our intelligence reports:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
We can consider that it is something very difficult, because this attacking force is not as powerfull as before after the lost battles during the previous turns.

Also, opening a bit more the view...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Yes, everything is ready to storm the Troppau fortress. But, our previous intelligence reports didn't showed this defending force... it is actually much bigger than we thought it would be.

In the West:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Our conservative strategy has gone to hell with the recent moves. Surprisingly, a French Army appears out of nowhere in the north and threats our entire supply route.
To counter this move, the Hannover Armee is reorganized a bit and goes away from Munster to pursue that french force.
With luck, we will be able to catch them before they go deep inside our territory.

In the Center:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
The continuous fights are just too much for the forces of Heinrich alone.
Also, more austrian forces start appearing around the front and they could put in danger our escape route.
So, a retreat is ordered, we will fortify now a bit more to the north.

In the North:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Things are not looking good... actually, they are looking really bad.
Dohna's Korps (because of being inactive) has taken forever to be near Stettin. So, now they receive orders to move quickly to defend the fortress... but it will probably be too late already, the swedish forces are almost there.
Also, russian and swedish forces are running amok in our territory... and there is no relief force around to be able to hold them.
This is bad... really bad... we will have to take forces from other fronts to be able to hold them.

A closer look to the swedish force shows this:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Oh my... this is actually worst than we thought... there is no way the Stettin garrison can hold an attack from that force.
If Dohna's Force doesn't arrive quickly, the fortress is lost...

Well, there isn't much else to do right now... than pray... and hit the end turn button... with the following result...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Just like we predicted... they came again... and they were beaten again.

But in the west...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
The french force is quite big and gives us the first strike against the forces near Hannover. Or the reinforcements arrive quickly... or this city is lost.

This is the reason for the title of this chapter...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
We were completelly right about two things... they were a full cavalry force... and they were heading towards Berlin.
Sadly, we didn't have time to prepare properly... and now, the worst has happened.

But, on a more positive note...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
We win the battle!
Oh no... wait...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
On the following day, by mere luck... or actually, not, because we just can-t rely on militias forces to defend this fortress... we loose the battle.
Now it is time for Dohna's force to appear to save the day...

On the center...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Heinrich retreated in order... but was reached by austrian forces and attacked in Dip... well, Dipsomething. Again, our superior leadership saved the day and we managed to beat again the austrian.

In the North, the swedish come back for more...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
And we are beaten again... what is happening here?? where is Dohna??... call him now!!

Oh... finally... here it is...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
A week later, Dohna's Force arrives to Stettin and saves the day. Look at the brave forces that were supposedly defending Stettin and now are gone to the next region...

But, as a matter of fact, this doesn't look so bad...yes, we've probably lost our capital, but we can still get it back soon if we reorganize some forces.

Ah no, wait... this is not over yet... what happened with the siege of Troppau?...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
EPIC FAIL.
But, that's not all... during the disorganized retreat, we lost a lot of elements that are not shown in the battle report...
This is a disaster that can really put in danger all our strategy in this front... a sad day for Prussia...
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Ironclad61
Major

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for the answer PhilThib, i see, is good remember this :thumbsup:

Ummm Generalisimo i think that you have a human wave in your gates :mdr:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Phil: Is a demo ready? Anxious to try this effort from AGEOD. t

Generalisimo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 pm

tagwyn wrote:Phil: Is a demo ready? Anxious to try this effort from AGEOD. t

Not yet... be patient... it will be soon... ;)
Napoleon Bonaparte

caranorn

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 am

Generalisimo, what agressivity is the ai set at? I'm astonished at all the suicidal attacks you were seing in the south. In other ageod games I've rarely seen that kind of behaviour (yes deep raids and the like, but not frontal assaults against far superior forces)...
Marc aka Caran...

cleveland
Corporal

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 am

I've seen the constant attacking by the AI on occasion. In Napoleons campaign (1813 scenario, the one I've played the most) there are certain fortresses that it assaults with regularity. I think besieging would work out better in some cases (ie. when the odds are even- make the besieged come out and fight).

cleveland
Corporal

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 am

Not sure about a fix for that behavior other than having a force that loses a battle to go automatically inactive for the next couple of turns or assess a penalty on the commanders strategic rating for a while.

Generalisimo

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:14 pm

caranorn wrote:Generalisimo, what agressivity is the ai set at? I'm astonished at all the suicidal attacks you were seing in the south. In other ageod games I've rarely seen that kind of behaviour (yes deep raids and the like, but not frontal assaults against far superior forces)...

In reality, AUS has more forces than me... sooner or later, that position will fall. So it is not that "crazy" to attack in there. When that forces is beaten, the road to the north is almost empty. ;)
Only in the last fight is the one that I had a clear superiority over them... but I was actually retreating to the north... ;)
Napoleon Bonaparte

hgilmer
Captain

Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 am

Was this AAR ever finished? I need some pointers!

Return to “RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs”