mothbones
Civilian

Loading screen display issue

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

The corners and edges of the RoP loading screen are overlaid with text, including game version number, "Windows 7" and some other things. One of them is the PC's User folder ("User: [name]"), towards the top right corner.

Is there any way of making the loading screen not display this text? The game version number is handy but the rest I find somewhat ugly, and I would particularly like to remove the User folder text if nothing else. I've looked in the options and can't find anything.

This also applies to Alea Jacta Est, and possibly other AGE titles.

I realise this may sound trivial, but I really would appreciate it if there is a way away from the text.

Durk

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:16 am

My guess is that you are not running as the computer Admin. I never see what your are reporting.

mothbones
Civilian

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Didn't work, but it was worth a go so thanks for that. I settled on the simpler solution of minimising the game until it's loaded.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:01 pm

The text in the bottom left and bottom right corners tell you two useful things.

The bottom left tells you where you are in the loading process. I tend to avoid doing or clicking on anything while the game is loading.

The bottom right tells you which version of the game is installed. That's really important to know for solo play (do I need an update?), but critical for PBEM because both players need to be playing the same version.

The white text is unsightly, it is true, but given the importance of that last piece of information, I can live with it.

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”