Charles
Lieutenant

problem with depot battalions?

Fri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm

RoP Gold, seems to be a bug with depot battalions:

In the 1741 scenario as Prussians, I have been buying depot battalions to get extra infantry replacements. The units build normally. I receive a message when construction is finished, and the replacements show up on the ledger.

However on the next turn, the replacements just disappear from the ledger. They do not appear to be used and I do not receive a message on what units received replacements.

In RoP (old), I would receive a message on which units received replacements and replacements would only disappear from the ledger as they were used.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ebbingford

Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 pm

You only get a message if a whole element has been replaced which removes one from the ledger.
Bringing existing elements up to full strength doesn't trigger a message but will use up replacement chits from the ledger.
Check round your forces, I'm guessing you have several units that need bringing up to full strength.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Charles
Lieutenant

Mon May 27, 2013 1:19 pm

yes, after taking a closer look, it seems to work fine. I guess what threw me is that the replacement system seems to work more efficiently in the 1741 scenario than in the 1756 campaign game, but that is probably because Prussian forces spend a lot more time camped on friendly structures in the 1741 scenario.

Interesting to see that when there is a surplus of elite infantry replacements, the game will create extra Grenadier elements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”