mariandavid
Sergeant

Error Accessing File

Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 am

Playing Gold and the 1741 Scenario:

No problem till execution of Glogau Siege when message:

Critical Error Profiler. DLog. Error Accessing File

Is this a bad loading of this scenario file? Sorry cannot send as exit on receive.

Pocus

Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 am

Check that the HST file for the current saved game (save game folder) has not 0 byte, if this is the case, revert to previous turn with the in-game backup mode.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mariandavid
Sergeant

Wed May 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Worked for that turn - then three turns later same issue: Invariably triggered by a combat situation and always results in a programe end. Mind you this is first time playing AGEOD on Windows 7 so maybe an error loading (though I followed your advise on an earlier thread and loaded to a new 'wargames' rather than the 86 or progamme files.

mariandavid
Sergeant

Thu May 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Hate leaving these threads hanging - the "and then what happened" syndrome. In this case as the problem compounded, despite Posus's helpful suggestion, so gave up and deleted both the original and the Gold. And then VERY carefully downloaded my incredibly ancient copy of ROP (even Gamers Gate labels it as 'OLD"!) and then my brand new Gold into a new site and all now works fine. And why I have no idea!

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”