barkmann44
Private

can't insall patches

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 am

I have had rop for a few years but have never been able to patch when i tried to install 1.04a it creates a rise of prussia folder inside the rise of prussia main directory
this folder contains the update but does'nt affect the main program
when i install the patch the path is C\Program Files 86x\paradox Games\Rise of Prussia but it creates the above sub folder
I tried copying and pasting the contents but when i start i get a message that some problems have developed and to contact ageod
nothing i do seems to work i could use the update button on start menu but what about the quick fix?

Durk

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 am

You may be facing the issue I did until I learned how to install patches.
The default from download is sometime to the folder inside the game. That is RUS is the major folder and the name of a folder inside.
Back up one level and try again.

lodilefty

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Also, I suggest a clean install using these instructions [section 3]:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

barkmann44
Private

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 pm

It was a clean install,as for backing up one level could you please explain? the path i'm using is C\Paradox Games\Rise of Prussia
if backing up a level means what i think it does theres not much room to do so with that path.
This is the only ageod game i have that behaves in this manner,aacw,wia,aje and ww1 all patch with no problems.

Carnium

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Try installing it to C:\Games\Rise of Prussia and then patch it.

If it creates a sub-folder Rise of Prussia INSIDE Rise of Prussia folder then just cut and paste all the files from the sub-folder Rise of Prussia to the main Rise of Prussia folder.
Hope this helps.

Also avoid installing games to you program directory or (God forbid) in Windows directory. Keep the games separate from your system and program files.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 am

I'm pretty sure this is a Windows problem. Reinstall to a directory other than the x86program files one. Windows loves to hijack files from default installs.

lodilefty

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a Windows problem. Reinstall to a directory other than the x86program files one. Windows loves to hijack files from default installs.

Yes, then, when you run the patch installer, it should point correctly to the proper path without need to edit the target location!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

barkmann44
Private

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:16 pm

One problem I see is the setup exe.i have does'nt seem to allow you to change the path.
Also i did try to cut and paste the contents of the sub-folder to the main directory.
at startup it shows 1.04a quick fix but when i try to start get told problems have occured and to contact
agead

Carnium

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 pm

barkmann44 wrote:One problem I see is the setup exe.i have does'nt seem to allow you to change the path.

That is almost impossible. All AGEOD games have the ability to choose installation path. What version of the game do you have?
Here is the default installation for the MAIN WiA game (not the patch)
[ATTACH]21711[/ATTACH]

Out of curiosity.. how big is your WiA setup file?
Attachments
setup.jpg

barkmann44
Private

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Got it running had to install to C\Matrix Games\rop folder on hard drive and not use the shortcut created on
installation.Funny all my other ageod games are installed in program files and don't have any problems.
Have had this game since release but have'nt played since i could'nt patch,thx.

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”