ConjurerDragon
Civilian

Game does not start

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 pm

I bought Rise of Prussia from Gamersgate, downloaded and installed it - but when I click the desktop icon I get an error:
"Die Anwendung konnte nicht richtig initialisiert werden (0xc0000135). Klicken Sie auf "OK", um die Anwendung zu beenden."
Roughtly translated meaning: program could not be initialized click o.k. to quit.

OS is the german version of Windows XP SP3
CPU Athlon XP 2100+

Happens both when I try to start RoP and when I install the 1.2 patch from Gamersgate and then try to start the game.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ConjurerDragon
Civilian

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Problem solved.

While RoP did not start I installed Europa Universalis III Kollektion. And that installed Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0.

And suddently RoP started perfectly.

So RoP does need MS.NET Framework 2.0 installed and the downloaded installer does not contain it and does not mention it . :bonk:

Pocus

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 am

As the lead developer, I can assure you ROP does not need any .NET framework. This must be a glitch from Windows here.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ConjurerDragon
Civilian

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Pocus wrote:As the lead developer, I can assure you ROP does not need any .NET framework. This must be a glitch from Windows here.

Well it did not start before with always the same error - regardless if the patch was installed or not and despite me deinstalling and reinstalling RoP several times and even trying to delete it completely and downloading the installer from Gamersgate again.

And installing EU III Kollektion was the only thing that I installed after the failed tries to get RoP to run.

So RoP needs either Microsoft.NET framework installed (which Eu III did install) or EU III installed :blink:

If you think it´s something different I would be happy to know what it could be.

Rafiki

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Did your .NET-installation involve a reboot? I imagine that might have done the trick?
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

ConjurerDragon
Civilian

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 am

Rafiki wrote:Did your .NET-installation involve a reboot? I imagine that might have done the trick?

If it would have taken only a reboot to make RoP run then I would have noticed that before I installed EU III+Microsoft.Net a week later. I had been trying to get RoP to run for a week and in that time had several times rebooted the PC. I shut down the PC every evening.

Rafiki

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:52 am

OK, just wondering (I'm chronic at not rebooting my computers unless I absolutely have to ;) )

I'd trust Pocus when he says AGE doesn't require .NET; it's just a correlation with whatever fixed your problem :)

In any case, the main thing is that your game now works; hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

teufel0331
Sergeant

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:45 pm

microsoft just put out an 'upgrade' which crashes gmail, amongst other errors throughout yr system -- perhaps it's something along those lines?

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”