kosmoface
Corporal

8 GB Ram -> not enough memory?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:18 am

Hi there!

It's the second time the game crashes on me - I don't know why. The log says not enough memory, but I have 8 Gigs of RAM. What's going wrong?

my machine:
Intel E8500
8 GB Ram
Vista Home Premium 64 Bit (SP 2)

Files are attached. I hope I picked the right ones.

Plus - in the detailed Battle report per round I can't see how many units my enemy had in the fight (German version). The sentence is too long, thus I can't the the number.

Thanks in davance.
Attachments
ROP not enough memory.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 234 times

PhilThib

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:14 am

Which version (patch) of the game are you using? I recently had a similar issue on my laptop (Win7; triplecore, 4Gb)...?

Our tech man will check when he is back from vacation end of next week then :confused:

kosmoface
Corporal

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Version 1.02 (I bought it some days ago on steam, therefore I only let steam patch my games, everything else usually creates problems).

Both crashes happened after some 3-5 hours of play. I hope the files can help, because this will be difficult to recreate.

Thanks for looking into it. :)

PhilThib

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Well, let me suggest something then. As you have just bought it and probably have a backup of the install, you don't run much risk installing our latest beta patch and see how it works... it can't be worse anyway ;)

Generalisimo

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

kosmoface wrote:Hi there!

It's the second time the game crashes on me - I don't know why. The log says not enough memory, but I have 8 Gigs of RAM. What's going wrong?

my machine:
Intel E8500
8 GB Ram
Vista Home Premium 64 Bit (SP 2)

Files are attached. I hope I picked the right ones.

Plus - in the detailed Battle report per round I can't see how many units my enemy had in the fight (German version). The sentence is too long, thus I can't the the number.

Thanks in davance.

Which video card do you have?

By the way, if you want to try the last beta patch like PhilT suggested, first make a copy of your ROP installation directory somewhere else, just in case Steam doesn't like the beta patch (almost all original files gets modified) and so you do not need to redownload everything again. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

kosmoface
Corporal

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Which video card do you have?

By the way, if you want to try the last beta patch like PhilT suggested, first make a copy of your ROP installation directory somewhere else, just in case Steam doesn't like the beta patch (almost all original files gets modified) and so you do not need to redownload everything again. ;)

An ATI from the 4800 series. I updated the driver some days ago.

I will try the beta patch. Until now I just saved before every AI turn. I think I remember the crashes always happened when the AI did show the turns on the map.

Pocus

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

this can be related to the video driver and how the game put pressure on it (when the map change from winter to non winter or the reverse eg). This sometime happen on Vista or for some ATI video cards. I would advise to reduce the max texture size and memory usage in the Options Window, System, to the leftmost check each. If the game seems stable, then crank the settings one notch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”