Farfarer2 wrote:when I patched to 1.02b my Save folder disappeared. I can still save and retrieve games, but the new folder is invisible in the file structure. The effect is that I cannot copy saved games to/from a laptop. I tried a fresh install and patch and had the same result - the folder disappears. Any ideas?
Try the following:
1. De-activate your UAC [how-to at: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11621&highlight=disable+UAC ]
2. Uninstall the game
3. Use Explorer to find "Rise of Prussia" folder under Program Files.
4. Delete the "Rise of Prussia" Directory and all it contains [you will lose saved games]
5. Reinstall AACW, but change the default directory box to read "C:\AGEOD\Rise of Prussia" [or any hard drive you wish]
6. Download the latest patch
7. Extract the patch file and run it [it shoud automatically go to the "C:\AGEOD\Rise of Prussia" location]
8. Run RoP
Gray_Lensman wrote:Sorry Lodi...
The original poster is correct. All the RoP patches delete the .../ROP/Save/... folder (contents and all).
Apparently the Inno .iss setup file has an entry in the [InstallDelete] section for the Save folder. When you install any of the patches the folder is deleted and not recreated until the game is restarted since the patch does not have any files to place in it (nor a placeholder).
example [InstallDelete] entry from an AACW patch:
The RoP Inno setup file probably has a line like:
which should obviously be deleted to prevent the loss of saved games.
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.
[color="Red"]All saved games will be erased by the patch, as this version is not compatible with previously started games.[/color]
Gray_Lensman wrote:I believe Pocus stated that the saved games ARE compatible but you can't use the Replay or something to that extent. I myself loaded a previous version saved game (AACW v1.15) into an (AACW v1.16 b5) installation and it ran fine for testing. This part of the game engine is now the same for all AGE games.
Gray_Lensman wrote:They really need to fix the RoP game installer to NOT delete the .../Saves/... folder. Deleting saved games is NOT good for customer relations.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest