rogs
Sergeant

Double Daun!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:40 am

this is a wonderful bug, but i suppose it should be fixed. i was re-org'ing forces in the prague area and somehow managed to duplicate daun! :mdr:

i appointed the daun-clone as a column commander under his original army-commander self which gave the column-commanding-daun-clone an attack rating of 7 and a defence rating of 8! :coeurs:

can i keep him, please, please
[SIZE="1"]M. THERESA D.G.R. IMP. HU. BO. REG.
Justitia et Clementia[/size]

PhilThib

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:05 am

We would need a save to find out what happened :confused:

rogs
Sergeant

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 am

i think this is right

btw, i need to go back a couple of turns (since it was too much fun fooling around with the daun clone) but to be serious i should reload but i cant figure out how to load a backup file (would have to be backup 3 or 4) within ROP . . .
Attachments
backup1.zip
(791.18 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

arsan

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 am

rogs wrote:i think this is right

btw, i need to go back a couple of turns (since it was too much fun fooling around with the daun clone) but to be serious i should reload but i cant figure out how to load a backup file (would have to be backup 3 or 4) within ROP . . .

rogs
Go to load game menu, put the mouse over the line of the save game and follow the tooltip instructions :thumbsup:
Beware, once you go back you cannot restore a latter turn again, so say bye bye to Daun 2 ;)

rogs
Sergeant

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:40 am

i think the bug arises from the daun promotion event, this turn is when it happens as best as i can tell

i'll have to start a new game i think, when the event fires it always makes a second daun
Attachments
backup1.zip
(794.53 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

lodilefty

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 pm

rogs wrote:i think the bug arises from the daun promotion event, this turn is when it happens as best as i can tell

i'll have to start a new game i think, when the event fires it always makes a second daun

Which Scenario are you playing?
Had Daun recieved promotion due to success in battle?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 pm

From you save, it appears that Daun was promoted previously due to success in combat {he is already 3 Stars, and the promotion event has not yet fired.}

The event {evt_nam_AUS_DaunAppointed1757} works properly for me:
It detects that Daun no longer exists as a 2 Star leader, then aborts the event.

I am testing in pre-release 1.02, so any bug that might have existed is fixed.

Thank you! :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Farfarer2
Private

same

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 am

It happens with Daun and Ferdinand if they are promotable or have improved efore their mandatory geographic relocation. The new Daun and Ferd have their basic stats, but the originals keep their new rank and stats. I just send one clone to deepest austria and play on.
Farfarer

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”