von Sachsen
Captain

Some bugs

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:16 am

First of all, great game, but I had a few errors playing Prussia 1756 on 1.01e. A few turns after they happened the first time, the event about Prussia reacting to Swedens declaration of war and the other one or two events that happen the same turn appeared again. The evacuation of Wesel fired twice as well, though that may have been the turn before.
The only other thing I noticed are that Prussia's dept btns are reversed, grenadiers are displayed as regular and regular as grenadier, though the effect on replacments are just fine.

PhilThib

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for spotting this. We shall double-check it :cool:

lodilefty

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

von Sachsen wrote:First of all, great game, but I had a few errors playing Prussia 1756 on 1.01e. A few turns after they happened the first time, the event about Prussia reacting to Swedens declaration of war and the other one or two events that happen the same turn appeared again. The evacuation of Wesel fired twice as well, though that may have been the turn before.
The only other thing I noticed are that Prussia's dept btns are reversed, grenadiers are displayed as regular and regular as grenadier, though the effect on replacments are just fine.

It would help us greatly if you send the saved game files where the duplicate events occurred. :w00t:

Go to the RoP/Saves filder and zip [or rar] the entire subfolder containing your saved game [it will be a big file if you've played many turns]

Then, send this zipped file to support@ageod.com including a brief note identifying the message and referring to this post.

Thank you :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

von Sachsen
Captain

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 am

lodilefty wrote:It would help us greatly if you send the saved game files where the duplicate events occurred. :w00t:

Go to the RoP/Saves filder and zip [or rar] the entire subfolder containing your saved game [it will be a big file if you've played many turns]

Then, send this zipped file to support@ageod.com including a brief note identifying the message and referring to this post.

Thank you :)

So sorry, I was frusterated and immediatly after having the problem I deleted the file before starting an Austria game. I don't like clutter and I didn't see the point in keeping it. The good news is that the only problem I have seen as Austria is the occasional pathfinding difficulty in snow that has been detailed in another thread.

lodilefty

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm

von Sachsen wrote:So sorry, I was frusterated and immediatly after having the problem I deleted the file before starting an Austria game. I don't like clutter and I didn't see the point in keeping it. The good news is that the only problem I have seen as Austria is the occasional pathfinding difficulty in snow that has been detailed in another thread.

OK. For the future, we'd rather recieve too many saved games rather thann not enough :)

Another useful upload with a bug are the files:
[INDENT]!MainLog.txt found in RoP/Logs
ScriptReport.txt found in RoP/Scripts
ScriptPostParse.txt found in RoP/Scripts[/INDENT]

These are smaller than the saves, and usually contain good clues for us.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “ROP Technical support / Aide technique”