Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Designer Round Cancelled.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:08 am

I notified the players of the following via e-mail...

I spoke with Pocus/PhilThib and we've mutually decided to cancel this round. Several of the games had barely gotten past turn one, one hadn't started, and the rest are behind pace. Those of you still involved with games are certainly welcome to finish them out. They just won't count towards your final score. I'll go ahead and post the brackets and scenarios from here on out at the forum and also e-mail you individually with your matchups.

We may still have the tournament winner take on PhilThib or Pocus, but it needs to be at a much more timely pace and hopefully with a pro to document it.
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 am

[ATTACH]9370[/ATTACH]

Posting this under "Ranks" also. 1863 is the 2-theater GC starting in 1863. We'll be playing that for the first year or 24 turns. We know East is unbalanced so we'll see if 1863 is any better. The finals will be the first two years of the regular Grand Campaign. 1861-1863 (48 turns).

We'll continue using 1.13b playing both sides simultaneously like Far West. Hosts are the brackets across from one another. Please start asap and let me know of questions/problems.

Thanks.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

bigus
General

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:26 am

Daxil wrote: We know East is unbalanced so we'll see if 1863 is any better. The finals will be the first two years of the regular Grand Campaign. 1861-1863 (48 turns).

We'll continue using 1.13b playing both sides simultaneously like Far West. Hosts are the brackets across from one another. Please start asap and let me know of questions/problems.

Thanks.

I was wondering why you would'nt go to the 1.15 patch for the semi finals and final? I've tried to balance both sides for the East scenario. I can't speak for the final but I feel the East scenario might be a bit more balanced than last tourney.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:53 am

I was wondering why you would'nt go to the 1.15 patch for the semi finals and final?

Our main issue was with the lack of corps and the fact adjacent forces weren't assisting each other as a result. I haven't checked 1.15. How do you feel about that patch?

bigus
General

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Daxil wrote:Our main issue was with the lack of corps and the fact adjacent forces weren't assisting each other as a result. I haven't checked 1.15. How do you feel about that patch?

I feel good about 1.15. I can't speak for the main campaign but as for the East and West scenarios the corps issue should not be a problem since I did not limit them. There was also a significant change to the East and West scenario conscripts and supplies for the south. Coupled with the fact that cavalry should not be able to freely capture towns would make it more interesting than the 1.13b version.

In a way I see your point of sticking with 1.13b however.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah, to be honest I haven't been keeping up on the latest patches. The removal of Corps' a couple patches ago has been problematic for PvPr's of this game as co-assistance of the Southern Corps was its main weapon at stemming the Northern advance and balancing the game a little. As Manstein pointed out it just becomes a game of big stack vs big stack and the aggressor gets to choose where his big stack goes and usually has a bigger stack as a result. Historical? Maybe. Balanced? No.

Now with East I don't think it affects game play as Corps are formed in 1861, right? We might give it a try. Maybe I'll run a poll.

Return to “2nd AACW PBEM Tournament (2009)”