Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Player vs Designer round

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

The Player vs Designer round should be starting shortly so just wanted to give everyone a heads up. :thumbsup:

The four "designers" are:

Philippe Thibaut aka PhilThib: Lead Designer (also a founder and General Manager)
Philippe Malacher aka Pocus: Lead Developor (also a founder)
Arne Meyer Vedo-Hansen aka Rafiki: Forum Administrator
Philippe Sacré aka Sunray: Content Contributor

They'll each be playing two randomly assigned players. We will be playing the 24-turn West scenario and all the players will be USA, designers CSA. There's got to be something symbolic about Frenchmen defending New Orleans and the French quarter! :)

So, once I've made the assignments we'll start the games. I'm just waiting on the "go" from the designers. As I mentioned before, this is just a fun round to solidify the players' seeding for the final few rounds, which hopefully ensures the best two players make it to the finals.

A word on hosting and AARs. Players will each be hosts due to time constraints on the designers. Also, I'm hoping players will be willing to do a little more in regards to play-by-play. Obviously this is a special moment for this great game so it would be nice to get it all documented. I've gotten a commitment from Jim-NC to document his round, everyone else is certainly encouraged to do so as well.

I'll be replying to this thread in the next day or so with the matchups so stay tuned. You can get started right away once you see who your design opponent is.

I leave you with these words:

Sunray:
"I always considered the human vs. human as the best challenge. Nothing compares to a devious, sneaky, cunning human on the other side!"

PhilThib:
"The tournament was a beautiful idea of some of our key forum members, and I was delighted to be invited to join. In fact, the only thing I expect is to have a good time having fun with a game I barely had time to “play” just for the fun of it. I am sure head-to-head (PBEM) with the game will give me a wider perspective on the game engine, and may be some new ideas, too. But I am just doing it for fun first and foremost. I’ll do my best, but I am almost sure to get trounced, as I am lacking ‘field’ experience here…;-)"

Pocus:
"I believe I’m a bit rusty. I know, by reading the AAR and accounts of the forum that some players are really at the top of the tip when it comes to devising strategies for AACW. Even if I know the rules by heart, I lack practice applying them ‘as a player’. That said I believe this will give everybody a load of fun, whatever the outcomes! I played quite a lot of PBEM in others games, so a word of advice: even if I appear dead, continue hammering on me, it will be more prudent on your side "
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Jim-NC

Questions

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:59 pm

For the round against the designers, which game version will we be using? 1.13b or 1.14?

And will we be hosting our own game (vs the designer), or someone else's game?
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:36 pm

For now we'll be sticking with 1.13b until 1.14 is ironed out. You'll be hosting someone else's game, like before.

Redeemer
Major

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Is this for all future rounds too? I didn't know we had decided to upgrade for the tournament. I was under the impression 1.14 was a bit fluky atm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Is being named Philippe a requirement for working for AGEod? :wacko:

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Redeemer wrote:Is this for all future rounds too? I didn't know we had decided to upgrade for the tournament. I was under the impression 1.14 was a bit fluky atm.

Yeah read the patch thread. Hold off on upgrading for now.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:54 am

Since Johnnycai and Cobra have been idle the longest they'll be starting round 3 now and playing Sunray. I've contacted them via e-mail. As for everyone else, Pocus and Philthib are just leaving on a three week vacation and I'm waiting to hear from Rafiki so hold tight.

Thanks.

johnnycai
Major

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks Chris,
Got the email and will send out the 1st turns this evening.
I will be doing an AAR.

Johnnycai

bigus
General

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:45 am

I'm Looking foward to some AAR's on this one!!!!!!!!
It's a shame their not playing the updated vesion of the West scenario.

Gray_Lensman

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:58 am

deleted

bigus
General

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Shhh, don't tell anyone but my middle name is Philippe. ;)

MIKE!!! If your in this PBEM game then I'll be here 24-7 watching for results.

This is going to be good.............

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 am

Redeemer and Jim-NC will be taking on Rafiki. :) They've been contacted by e-mail.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Shhh, don't tell anyone but my middle name is Philippe. ;)

If you want one of these guys I'm sure you'd be welcome on the Ageod team. ;)

runyan99

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Lensman doesn't play the game.

bigus
General

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:59 am

runyan99 wrote:Lensman doesn't play the game.

Pity...It would have been a classic if Lensman was the fourth man in.
I've never heard of this other dude (Sunray)?

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 pm

bigus wrote:Pity...It would have been a classic if Lensman was the fourth man in.
I've never heard of this other dude (Sunray)?

Here's a little more on the third Phillipe:
Actually I'm not French (I'm Belgian, living in Brussels, but French is my mother tongue).
I work with AGEOD since the very beginning (WiA). I'm not a beta tester (but I did a lot of testing on AACW), my main contribution is in the preparation work of the games (size/type of the units, original game mechanisms, historical background, leader abilities etc etc) and in the events: I made nearly all events of AACW and Napo, but this is nothing compared with the events of Vainglory of Nations (I think I'm above 500 events and i'm still working of the events of last major nation, Austria).

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Slimey.rock and PascalB are playing PhilThib.

Manstein and the winner of the last game will be playing Pocus upon its completion. :)

Generalisimo

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Daxil wrote:Manstein and the winner of the last game will be playing Pocus upon its completion. :)

Poor Pocus... :non:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Pocus

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 pm

The good thing is if I'm cleaned fast, I'll have more time for others things to do ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PhilThib

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am

My orders have been sent... Long live the South ;) :cool: !

stuv667
Civilian

wholesale Seven Jeans

Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

wholesale Seven Jeans clothing wholesalers in usa,cheap Seven Jeans clothes exporters in uk, replica Seven Jeans polos china,discount Seven Jeans outlet,Seven Jeans cotton tshirts warehouse,authentic Seven Jeans fleece distributors In Bulk,Seven Jeans coats manufacturers,Seven Jeans jackets clearance lots credit card,original Seven Jeans shirts store no minimum,kids Seven Jeans factory canada,knock off Seven Jeans jeans for sale paypal,,fake Seven Jeans rhinestone tees for less free shipping,,childrens Seven Jeans hats,caps,handbags,perfume,purses,bag ,hoodies,belts,dress,flip flops,Slippers,jewelry,bracelet,earring,necklace,scarf,shoes,boots,wallets,purse,Seven Jeans briefs,rings,sunglasses,bra,shorts,skirts,Seven Jeans sweaters,Seven Jeans swimwears,tank tops,Seven Jeans underwears.

wow4golr47
Civilian

at front range

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:46 pm

It is echt wow gold that our lodge is layered, and very bolt stratified, on what at front range materialize to be transmissible lines. There is far lower wow gold to-and-fro motion between the various groups than happened under capitalism wow gold or regularise in the pre-industrial age.

Return to “2nd AACW PBEM Tournament (2009)”