Brigadier General

Other game result

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 pm

ChrisD passes to second round with 65 VP difference

Jim-NC

Mvdh

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am

Mark,
You don't know that I have won yet. I just sent in my turn, and we will have to see. There could be some last turn heroics on either side. :D

(I kinda doubt it, but ya never know).

It has been a good set of games. Thanks for the time. I would also like to thank Gustfire for hosting. :thumbsup: I know how hard hosting is now (after my attempts at it during this tournament).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GustFire
Sergeant

Jim-NC vs MVDH

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Okay, the final turns have been played, and the Final Results Window for both games are as follows:

Both games end in a Stalemate.

Final Victory Points totals [both games] are:
Jim-NC = 163
MVDH = 150

I interpret this to mean that Jim-NC wins, and moves on to Round 2.
Thanks to both players, they were exciting matches to watch from the bleachers, I learned a lot, and it was my pleasure to be the host.

Hal [GustFire]

MVDH
Private

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

GustFire wrote:Okay, the final turns have been played, and the Final Results Window for both games are as follows:

Both games end in a Stalemate.

Final Victory Points totals [both games] are:
Jim-NC = 163
MVDH = 150

I interpret this to mean that Jim-NC wins, and moves on to Round 2.
Thanks to both players, they were exciting matches to watch from the bleachers, I learned a lot, and it was my pleasure to be the host.

Hal [GustFire]

Hi Hal:

Thanks again for hosting and again my congratulations to Jim-NC for his hard fought victory. It was close and great fun as well.

Mark

Jim-NC

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 am

MVDH,
Thanks for the hard fought game. It was a tough slog.

Hal,
Thanks for hosting our games. Glad you enjoyed the show. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

johnnycai
Major

PJL vs Johnnycai

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Daxil,
Am reporting no contact from PJL now for 15 days.
Our host Andrew Kurtz has not heard from him and I have tried this week also.

Do you need screenies of our game which was at turn5??

regards,
Johnnycai

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:34 pm

johnnycai wrote:Daxil,
Am reporting no contact from PJL now for 15 days.
Our host Andrew Kurtz has not heard from him and I have tried this week also.

Do you need screenies of our game which was at turn5??

regards,
Johnnycai

no thx.
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Tex Willer
Corporal

Only a suggestion to improve the next tournament

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 am

Hi everybody, I have seen the results only now, 'cause of a bad connection (unbelieveable, uh?) and I have to make an Appeal :D
I don't know why I have lost the game if I have won the CSA scenario, and done a stalemate in the USA. If we consider the tournament like a football cup, I have 4 points (3 for the victory, 1 for the statelmate) against the only 1 of my enemy!!!!!
The count of points could be done in the case of two stalemates, not with a victory of one of the 2 match! :)
It's like to say that URSS lost the WWII against Germany because they took 20 milions of casualities against 7!!!!! But the winner is who helds the opponent capital at the end of the war! :-)
This tournament is not important for me, and it was boring and difficult for me (because of my bad connection) with the PBEM way, but I don't like to be a loser when I'm not! :cool: :confused:
Just to improve the netx tournament. :neener: ;) :thumbsup:

Bye

Tex

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:13 pm

I can see where you're coming from. Interesting take, but it's not how we decided to structure this particular tournament. If we were playing for "wins" and "stalemates" and awarding , 2 pts a pop everyone would be tied and this tournament would never end. It just wouldn't work. Besides, per Manstein:
Both players won playing as CSA, but ChrisD get 224 VP and Tex Willer 159 VP, winning the bracket and passing to second round.

ChrisD actually "won" his go as the CSA on "his" screen while you get the "stalemate" message. Vice versa for the other game I'm sure. Consider the points a tiebreaker.

slimey.rock
Major

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Bertram (73 VPs) has won his matches against Stegosaurus_Army (47 VPs) with an accumulative of 26 VP's.

Good job, guys! :)

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:05 pm

I am assuming that the games that I am hosting, between cmdrsam & Cobra, are among the few remaining to be finished in Round I.

Just an update -- they are currently on Turn 5 in both of their games and should be finished by the end of the week at this rate.

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 pm

CWNut77 wrote:I am assuming that the games that I am hosting, between cmdrsam & Cobra, are among the few remaining to be finished in Round I.

Just an update -- they are currently on Turn 5 in both of their games and should be finished by the end of the week at this rate.

Thanks.

Redeemer
Major

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Skywest vs Doomwalker

SW USA 116 DW CSA (-16)
SW CSA 39 DW USA 24
Total
SW 154 DW 8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:36 am

updated op

Bertram

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:13 pm

I am going to host the game betwen Redeemer and Darthmath. I have send them the first turn, but the mail from Redeemer bounced. I have send him a mail by way of the forum, but am not sure if it reaches him.

Redeemer, if you read this, and did not get a mail, please either respond with your mail address or mail me at IEHanrath AT home DOT nl (my GF mail adress, as I still cant play AACW on my comp :( )

Bertram

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Bertram wrote:I am going to host the game betwen Redeemer and Darthmath. I have send them the first turn, but the mail from Redeemer bounced. I have send him a mail by way of the forum, but am not sure if it reaches him.

Redeemer, if you read this, and did not get a mail, please either respond with your mail address or mail me at IEHanrath AT home DOT nl (my GF mail adress, as I still cant play AACW on my comp :( )

Bertram

Redeemer's mail adress works fine with me. I'm surprised ... and confused ... :confused:
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bertram

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:56 pm

What is his email according to you? Maybe I just made a typo... I tried Jmhir AT juno DOT com.....

Bertram

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Bertram wrote:What is his email according to you? Maybe I just made a typo... I tried Jmhir AT juno DOT com.....

Bertram

That's that : lmhjr@juno.com.
It's a "j", not a "i" as it seems.
Just copy and paste, that's what I'm doing with all of these adresses.
;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:35 pm

DarthMath wrote:That's that : lmhjr@juno.com.
It's a "j", not a "i" as it seems.
Just copy and paste, that's what I'm doing with all of these adresses.
;)

Yeah, open the pdf and you can copy/paste.,

Bertram

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:51 am

Ah, it was the fourth character j that baffled me. I tried the first as i and l, but never thought the fourth one could be wrong :) .

Mail away.

Jim-NC

Round 3

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:36 am

the game for JDT vs. Slimey.rock has started (West scenario). I have sent them both their first turns. I will update when they send me some orders.

edit - apparently, it was decided that I should host the PascalB vs. Redeemer round. I have sent them their 1st turn orders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Redeemer vs. PascalB

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 am

PascalB has had to drop out of the tournament due to computer problems. So Redeemer wins by default (West Scenario), and passes onto the 4th round.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manstein
Brigadier General

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:36 am

I´m waiting some days because JimNC was doing the AAR, but seems that he isn´t doing it more and we need continue with the tourney, so, here is our games results:

Jim-NC

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I am still posting my AAR, I am trying to keep a few turns behind (so as to not give anything away). Congrats to you Manstein on winning as the USA. Now we just need to finish for when I am the USA.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manstein
Brigadier General

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Jim, but it not neccessary that we continue the games, because I already won the bracket by win to you at national morale. When a game is won by morale, the VP doesn´t count anymore.

I have any problem for continue our gama with you as USA, but I should begin to play the semi-final.

Anyway, thankyou for an interesting games.

Jim-NC

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Daxil,
I have a question about the tournament. Manstein is under the impression that as he won playing the USA (at turn 16), he has won our round. That is not my impression however. I believe that both games need to be played to the end, and the points added up (hence, we must continue to play the game where I am the USA until I can no longer win by points). Which is the correct interpretation of the tournament rules? Thank you for enlightening us both.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 pm

No, actually Manstein is correct. That's what ended tournament one so abruptly when Manstein won the grand campaign on turn 17 or so. Anyways, we really appreciate your AAR Jim. Hopefully you can finish that.

Manstein: congrats!

Jim-NC

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:56 pm

OK then, Congrats to Manstein on a hard fought victory. I did not completely understand the rules, and used the wrong strategy. :( There is always next time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manstein
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 am

Jim, you should think that the Tourney victory system is the most just possible.
First, because a victory by national morale is greater than one by victory points.

Second, if the national morale victory will not stop the games, would be unjust for the player that win by national morale. We can get our games as example: I won to you playing as USA, getting 735VP and you 398VP as CSA. It give a difference of 337VP for me. Here we stop for count this game, because it is ended.
Now, at the other game, you as USA, you could reach to final of game, so, play 9 turns more. You are earning 42VP as USA and I 24VP as CSA, but I´m controlling yet great number of objective cities, and really it isn´t normal that CSA control Memphis at turn 16 at this scenario. Easily, you could conquer to me Little Rock and one more of this 2: Memphis or Mobile, because the CSA Army cannot hold at all places. So, controlling only Little Rock, or Little Rock more one of other cities, you could earn 25VP more than me each turn, and 25VP by 9 turns to final, are 225VP more for you, and you have at turn 16 556VP and I 403VP as CSA, so, you could have a difference of 153VP more 225VP to the final, it is a total of 378VP, winning to me, but winning to me without get a CSA surrender (it is that I get at my game as USA) and not controlling as CSA territory as me playing I as USA.

Really, Daxil did very well the victory conditions for the tourneys, because he knew that the scenarios are not balanced and he knew that one side ever defeat to the other side at each scenario, so, the question is not who win, but is how win.

Jim-NC

Manstein vs. Redeemer

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:51 am

Manstein and Redeemer have started their game. I just sent them their turn 2 files. I will post results when they are a little further into the game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “2nd AACW PBEM Tournament (2009)”