Morgan
Corporal

Quebec ownership?

Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm

I started playing Scenario no. 13, the campaign from 1762 to 1764, and was surprised when I noticed that Quebec was owned by the Prussians instead of the British, who historically controlled the city after the Battle of Quebec in September of 1759. I checked the other scenarios and saw that they were correct, except for Scenario no. 12 which has Quebec under the control of Austria. The city can be entered in the 13th scenario, but not in the 12th, and it isn't a strategic city.

Is there any gameplay reason why the British wouldn't control Quebec?

PhilThib

Re: Quebec ownership?

Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 am

Did you see the French or British flag on Quebec, or another flag?

I believe this is a text oversight/constraint, due to the fact that you play either the Austrian or Prussian alliance in that game, not individual nations, and that the shortened text of control tooltips for those alliances is respectively Austrian and Prussian ....

Morgan
Corporal

Tue May 09, 2017 11:55 pm

PhilThib wrote:Did you see the French or British flag on Quebec, or another flag?

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean:

The date is "Early May," 1762.

PhilThib

Wed May 10, 2017 8:12 am

OK, this confirms my suspicion. It seems some special instructions are missing in that scenario, the ones that give customs flags to regions (in that way you can see non-Prussian flags in the regions of Prussian allies...).

Note taken for future fix, won't affect gameplay for you anyway, this is purely cosmetic. :indien:

Morgan
Corporal

Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 am

Yes, I noticed that it has no effect on the scenario. It is just bizarre to see a Prussian flag there. :laugh:

Return to “Rise of Prussia”