Kitano1314
Private

New Player Q, Are the unit portraits supposed to look like this?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi, this is my first time playing ROP so I'm unsure if my game is supposed to look this way.

The unit portraits at the bottom of the screen sometimes don't show all of the facial features and they are missing eyes and mouths and sometimes have question marks.

This is in fact my very first game of ROP and i'm playing Prussia in the first scenario. I also tested it with Austria and they also have missing features as well, in fact I looked at both sides in the first three scenarios and every time the graphics look like this.

So is there a problem with my game or is it meant to look like this?

I've tried checking the forum and google but I couldn't find anything related but I have noticed it in other peoples screenshots.
Both screenshots below were taken from my game at the same time showing two different Prussian stacks with this issue.

[ATTACH]39783[/ATTACH][ATTACH]39784[/ATTACH]
Attachments
rop gfx2.jpg
rop gfx.jpg

Durk

Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:14 am

Very interesting and welcome to the forum.

You must have something more than leader images causing this problem. Two questions: Have you updated to the most recent patch? You are in ROP Gold?

PhilThib

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:10 am

Yes, portrait looks are normal for ROP. You have 3 types of possible looks:

* Full drawing: the guy portrait was available and transformed by our artist
* Blurred face traits: the guy is an historically known character, but unfortunately without valid portrait / picture available (and thus not made by the artist)
* Question mark (internally called 'Potato Heads') : those leaders are generic un-historical leaders needed for play balance. They are usually all of low rank and low values but helpful for avoiding command penalties.

Cheers

Kitano1314
Private

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks for replies and the welcome, its good to know my game is working ok.

I thought at first the blurred faces bother me slightly but after a couple of games I don't really notice them, far too busy at fighting!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”