simon hart
Civilian

6th month long battle problem

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Can I ask a question about battles in ROP
I had a French army near munster attacking the army of observation. The first turn of battle resulted in the French being prevented from moving in any direction away from the battle area. This meant that they were still fighting the next turn. The same thing happened again and again. Basically the two armies were stuck fighting for about 6 months. In every turn the French lost a few more soldiers but not enough to destroy them completely. This must be a glitch as it is very unlikely for the 18th century. More like Stalingrad 1942 than anything else.
How can I prevent this?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

its hard to avoid as its very much part of the game engine - but seems to happen in RoP more than some other AGE titles for specific reasons. The issue is you have 2 armies both on very low cohesion, so they fight just a little and then break off (hence the low losses). It sometimes happens around Koenigratz between the Prussians and the Austrians.

If you are the French, I'd separate out a cavalry brigade, put it on the green stance and try to move it to where you want the rest of the army to retreat to. That way you make take enough military control to allow the main forces to retreat. You could also try to clear such a route by bringing up a fresh corps, such as those French mercenary battalions you can raise.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Rise of Prussia”