Jagger2013
General of the Army

French Heavy Cavalry and Russian Army

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 pm

I am into my first long campaign playing as the Austrians. I believe it is now August 1757. The French Army has large numbers of single element heavy cavalry regiments. I considered merging the single element heavy cavalry to produce two or three or four element cavalry regiments. I would rather have a smaller number of regiments with greater surviveability than large numbers of weak regiments. But first, I decided to see if they would receive reinforcement elements to build up the regiments. I placed all of them in passive mode into cities with depots and waited for a couple turns. I also purchased heavy cavalry replacement chits. So far, none have received reinforcment elements to increase their size. Am I wasting my time waiting and should go ahead and merge the regiments?

Second, a large Russian army showed up in Wierzbolow province. The army is not locked but I can't move the army out of the province. What is going on?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Russians - see the fix suggested in this thread - http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?29815-Problem-moving-Russians

that will free them to move on Koenigsberg, thereafter you need to use the scouting decision to open the road across Poland.

French, you're stuck. The French OOB is pretty inefficient and these 1 regiment 'brigades' are part of that. Expensive to command and easy to lose. One of the reasons why France's performance, in Europe, in the Seven Years War was mostly undistinguished
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Ebbingford

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm

You can let them take the second element as a reinforcement before sending them off to fight. Thats what I normally do with them, put them in passive posture when you get any heavy replacements, each time you should end up with a couple more that are more durable in a fight.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks all!

The events change took care of the frozen Russian army problem. I also merged French heavy cavalry regiments making them 2 element regiments. And I will try to get some replacements into some of the hvy cavalry.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”