Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Patch for ROP Gold

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Is a full patch for ROP Gold being worked on?

ROP Gold has acquired some problems that aren't present in the fully patched regular version, and the quick fixes don't address these issues.

At this point, what exactly is the difference in terms of game mechanics between a regular ROP patched to 1.04a and the Gold version with the latest quickfix? If the only difference is the presence of a few scenarios, I may go back to the non-Gold version until this gets sorted out.

As for the scenarios, is it possible to import them into the regular version via a mod?

I don't know this game very well, but my sense is that the Gold version has a better routine for handling sieges.

For whatever it's worth, I am using the Matrix version of the Gold upgrade, though I doubt that is the cause of the graphic glitches I'm experiencing.

For more on exactly what problems I'm talking about, see the thread in glitch section

Here is a link to the thread in question, which includes screenshots of the various problems:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?29600-RoP-Gold-Glitches

PhilThib

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

No work on ROP Gold at all for the moment, as the (small) team is fully locked on Civil War II game for the next two months at least

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 pm

PhilThib wrote:No work on ROP Gold at all for the moment, as the (small) team is fully locked on Civil War II game for the next two months at least

Sad and disappointed to read that. While I fully understand you're a small team and ACW2 is your main priority, I hope don't abandon RoP Gold and get the same level of polish the old RoP has.

Dortmund
Colonel

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm

" wrote:Sad and disappointed to read that. While I fully understand you're a small team and ACW2 is your main priority, I hope don't abandon RoP Gold and get the same level of polish the old RoP has.

+1. I bought the RoP Gold game a few months ago. I understand the situation... It's a business, you have a small team and you have to focus in one thing at this moment. It's only that I've become a big fan of all your games and I would like to see all of them treated the same way, the new ones and the old ones, the top sellers and the less sellers. In fact the game I like most is one of the oldest: WiA.

Thanks for your games, keep on with the good work. ;)

elxaime
General

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 am

Yes, I hope too they can get around eventually to patching ROP gold. My brother and I are playing it now, and managed to use a work-around to get around the frozen Russians in Wierbolow issue, but there are also other issues mentioned in various threads. Once ACW2 is out, I hope some attention can be paid to ROP Gold.

leftguard
Corporal

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:22 am

elxaime wrote:Yes, I hope too they can get around eventually to patching ROP gold. My brother and I are playing it now, and managed to use a work-around to get around the frozen Russians in Wierbolow issue, but there are also other issues mentioned in various threads. Once ACW2 is out, I hope some attention can be paid to ROP Gold.

Would you be able to elaborate on your work around for the Russians elxaime? I've tried a couple of things so far but without success.

elxaime
General

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 pm

He found the fix somewhere on the web. The 1757 Memel Landing event in the multiplayer
version should have been mirrored in the single player campaign version. Here is
what we did:

1) Go to the Events folder for the regular single player campaign (the one used for PBEM for 2 players)

2) Make a copy of the "1757 Events", and save it somewhere just in case

3) Now delete the original, and replace it with a copy of the "1757 Events" from the MP version.

That should work. If you want to check it out for yourself, open the "1757 Events_MP" and under
Memel Landing you can see the difference.

leftguard
Corporal

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:57 pm

elxaime wrote:He found the fix somewhere on the web. The 1757 Memel Landing event in the multiplayer
version should have been mirrored in the single player campaign version. Here is
what we did:

1) Go to the Events folder for the regular single player campaign (the one used for PBEM for 2 players)

2) Make a copy of the "1757 Events", and save it somewhere just in case

3) Now delete the original, and replace it with a copy of the "1757 Events" from the MP version.

That should work. If you want to check it out for yourself, open the "1757 Events_MP" and under
Memel Landing you can see the difference.

Ah, many thanks - I shall check this out at the weekend :D Can't have those Russians going to waste!

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Er, I just bought ROP Gold then read this thread. Am I better off playing the pre gold version? I only play occasionally and only against AI so if the bugs are only things that affect serious players or PBEM then I probably won't notice. Thanks.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”