elxaime
General

Blocked by Positions in the Countryside

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 am

Can someone explain how this works? I have been trying to advance in a PBEM as Prussia, but the main Prussian Army is moving only at a snail pace due to the message "blocked by enemy positions." This happens even though the regions they are advancing into are empty of enemy troops (the Austrians have withdrawn into Prague).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. The first turn, one of my columns was able to evade through to Lobositz from Dresden. The others were set to evade and made their rolls, but stopped in Pirna due to the "enemy positions block" message.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 am

elxaime wrote:Can someone explain how this works? I have been trying to advance in a PBEM as Prussia, but the main Prussian Army is moving only at a snail pace due to the message "blocked by enemy positions." This happens even though the regions they are advancing into are empty of enemy troops (the Austrians have withdrawn into Prague).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. The first turn, one of my columns was able to evade through to Lobositz from Dresden. The others were set to evade and made their rolls, but stopped in Pirna due to the "enemy positions block" message.

Check your military control. What you probably need to do is to send an advance guard made up of lighter troops (cavalry best), that can enter provinces that an army with a supply train etc can't. Once they have entered, the rest can follow.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

elxaime
General

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks

Return to “Rise of Prussia”