Searry
Colonel

Steam+Gold

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 pm

So I had the newest non-gold version plus quickfixes probably installed, and when I installed gold, the game got very buggy. The army list came up on the right corner and I wasn't even in any scenario at the moment.
Brigadiers were missing names and portraits+other stuff. So am I supposed to delete the game first and then install it again from steam, and then apply the Gold patch?

Alright no luck with that.

Here's what I mean http://i.imgur.com/po0m1kL.jpg

Ok I fixed the army list bug by moving the ROP folder to D:\ but now I'm having string errors related to the draft decision and the brigadiers of Anhalt-Dessau are still without proper portraits or names. Is this normal?

Pocus

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 am

Steam is probably partially corrupting your ROP Gold version by trying to put back original files. I suggest you
de-install the game
install it through Steam
copy the Rise of Prussia game from Steam to another place
upgrade it to Gold

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:49 am

Pocus wrote:Steam is probably partially corrupting your ROP Gold version by trying to put back original files. I suggest you
de-install the game
install it through Steam
copy the Rise of Prussia game from Steam to another place
upgrade it to Gold

Ah, to hell with that. I just bought upgrade kit though I've never could get into AGEOD games properly. But I respect AGEOD for great games - at least in theory.

Ahem, wouldn't Steam leave the game alone if you say "do not update game" in properties? Also, what does the game's disapearance from web store means?..

Return to “Rise of Prussia”