PhilThib

ROP Gold QuickFix

Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

We made a quickfix that applies on ROP Gold, either the full game or the one obtained after applying the Uprgrade Kit :coeurs:

Solved:

ALL
* Effects of Circumvallation Decision (now entrenches the stack level 4)
* Effect of "Offer Honors of War": the decision now lasts 2 turns, allowing the besieged player to accept it (don't miss the message, if not responded on turn offered, it will be withdrawn).

Update Kit
* Added a missing set of graphics for ledger shortcuts
* Added missing filter buttons update

Cheers
:cool:
Attachments
ROP_Gold_QF.rar
(620.91 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

Ebbingford

Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

I think this needs moving to the main RoP page.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 11:32 am

PhilThib wrote:We made a quickfix that applies on ROP Gold, either the full game or the one obtained after applying the Uprgrade Kit :coeurs:

Solved:

ALL
* Effects of Circumvallation Decision (now entrenches the stack level 4)
* Effect of "Offer Honors of War": the decision now lasts 2 turns, allowing the besieged player to accept it (don't miss the message, if not responded on turn offered, it will be withdrawn).

Update Kit
* Added a missing set of graphics for ledger shortcuts
* Added missing filter buttons update

Cheers
:cool:

I applied this QuickFix.

I still see version ROP GOLD 1.10 in the startup screen, without any QF indication, but I did see a few new files in my installation with the timestamp of my installation, so at least something was changed.

I don't see any difference in the graphics, but I already applied the function key fix you posted yesterday.

Overlays 5 and 6 still don't show up, and the new overlay buttons for 7 and 8 are still not present.

Also the Circumvallation Decision doesn't do anything for me. Entrenchment level stays at 2, even after two subsequent Circumvallation Decisions (they were mentioned in the messages as successful)
I didn't test the Offer Honors of War Decision yet.

PhilThib

Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Send me a screenshot of the main screen with the overlays, I applied the fix here and it works fine... :bonk:

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 12:52 pm

PhilThib wrote:Send me a screenshot of the main screen with the overlays, I applied the fix here and it works fine... :bonk:

Here is the screenshot:

[ATTACH]22523[/ATTACH]

Also visible here the entrenchment level of Hamilton after two Circumvallation Decisions
Attachments
Overlay.jpg

PhilThib

Fixed

Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

There was something wrong with the QuickFix installer, now fixed. The upload has been updated in post #1 above
Attachments
ROP_Gold_QF.rar
(620.91 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

cohimbra
Conscript

Fri May 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Now all is ok, thanks.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm

PhilThib wrote:There was something wrong with the QuickFix installer, now fixed. The upload has been updated in post #1 above

I tested this Fix.

Now I get the version "ROP GOLD QF 1.10" in the startup screen, so that is OK.

All 8 overlay buttons now show in the main screen and they accept mouseclicks.

But the actual overlays for 5 (regions) and 6 (theatres) don't work (they did work in the old ROP).
The other 6 overlays work correct.

Circumvallation Decision still doesn't work. No effect, even after 7 turns 3 successful decisions.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:I tested this Fix.

Now I get the version "ROP GOLD QF 1.10" in the startup screen, so that is OK.

All 8 overlay buttons now show in the main screen and they accept mouseclicks.

But the actual overlays for 5 (regions) and 6 (theatres) don't work (they did work in the old ROP).
The other 6 overlays work correct.

Circumvallation Decision still doesn't work. No effect, even after 7 turns 3 successful decisions.

Hello ! you are talking of ROP Gold QF 1.10 ? does it means I don't need the 1.04 ROP patch ?

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm

FENRIS wrote:Hello ! you are talking of ROP Gold QF 1.10 ? does it means I don't need the 1.04 ROP patch ?

My history of the installation:

A copy of a fully patched ROP (old) game directory.
Applied the Upgrade to ROP Gold 1.10.
Added the graphics folder for the Ledger Function Key buttons.
Applied the faulty QuickFix.
Applied the current QuickFix.

Highlandcharge

Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi guys, does this QF fix the honors of war problem?

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:My history of the installation:

A copy of a fully patched ROP (old) game directory.
Applied the Upgrade to ROP Gold 1.10.
Added the graphics folder for the Ledger Function Key buttons.
Applied the faulty QuickFix.
Applied the current QuickFix.

Ok ! but if I buy ROP gold (I have lost my ROP old :wacko :) I don't need the 1.04 patch ?

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Kaguya
Conscript

Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 pm

No, GOLD include last pathes.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Kaguya wrote:No, GOLD include last pathes.

:thumbsup: thank you !

:thumbsup:

[/I]

Ebbingford

Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm

I still think that this thread needs moving into the main RoP forum and stickied. :)
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Kaguya wrote:No, GOLD include last pathes.

Ehm, no, the latest patches are on the way, beginning with the QuickFix presented today, as there are still a few glitches in this release.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Ehm, no, the latest patches are on the way, beginning with the QuickFix presented today, as there are still a few glitches in this release.

Could you clarify this to me? Is it necessary to apply 1.04a Patch to RoP Gold?

I own RoP and RoP Gold UK, could you tell me the correct installation order?

Luigi

Franciscus

Fri May 10, 2013 8:08 pm

[HTML][/HTML]ROP Gold needs only the quickfix posted on this thread.

So, ROP -> upgrade kit to Gold -> quickfix

Regards

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri May 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Franciscus wrote:[HTML][/HTML]ROP Gold needs only the quickfix posted on this thread.

So, ROP -> upgrade kit to Gold -> quickfix

Regards

True with respect to the order, but the QuickFix still doesn't do all things it announced: the Circumvallation Decision is still not working, so I expect yet a new QuickFix.

Highlandcharge

Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Yes the Circumvallation only took my force which was in the same region as a friendly city up to entrenchment level 2, it says in the gold manual addendum that its supposed to take the level to 4...

Pocus

Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Circumvallation only works for forces besieging an enemy structure, this might be the problem.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Pocus wrote:Circumvallation only works for forces besieging an enemy structure, this might be the problem.

Ah, that is by design?

PhilThib

Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Yes, think Circumvallation = Caesar at Alesia...... these are litterally (Latin) 'walls around'... so it applies only to protect your besieging forces from sorties or relief forces :)

Highlandcharge

Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Philthib, thanks for the explanation, if that's how it works then that's cool, it says in the Gold addendum that "conditions: you must be besieging an enemy city or sitting next to yours" that's what causing the confusion I think..

Die Zieten
Sergeant

Mon May 13, 2013 3:37 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, think Circumvallation = Caesar at Alesia...... these are litterally (Latin) 'walls around'... so it applies only to protect your besieging forces from sorties or relief forces :)

Sounds good as it is. You can leave a smaller force to continue siege. Can this block all movent/supply inside and out? Should it?

PhilThib

Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, I think the extra entrench level provided by the circumvallatio goes a great length to "intercepting" supplies, although I am not sure that siege is not enough by itself... In AJE, the circumvallation mostly serves to protect the besieger, as the game uses simple supply mode.

Die Zieten
Sergeant

Mon May 13, 2013 4:10 pm

PhilThib wrote:Well, I think the extra entrench level provided by the circumvallatio goes a great length to "intercepting" supplies, although I am not sure that siege is not enough by itself... In AJE, the circumvallation mostly serves to protect the besieger, as the game uses simple supply mode.

I was thinking some places have a port, can you easily edit what cards do in a specific region? Like you want Stralsund to be a tough nut to crack but others maybe could be totally blocked.
But as is, it is very good card to have.
Is it easy to add cards if players come up with ideas? So modders could get their work in the game or you pick the best ideas to use yourself. These cards are just a great idea, they bring a lot of new possibilities.

PhilThib

Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Making cards is not so simple, but there is a certain level of freedom and creativity required. Our friend Leibstandardte has created a lot of completely new ones for his game/mod on the Spanish Civil War...so things are possible, just demanding time and dedication

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

PhilThib wrote:Yes, think Circumvallation = Caesar at Alesia...... these are litterally (Latin) 'walls around'... so it applies only to protect your besieging forces from sorties or relief forces :)

Then I think the AI should be taught not to build it everwhere when it has a force in a city, without any siege, because that is just a waste of War Supplies.
The accompanying message is also confusing: It says "Austria has begun the construction of a Circumvallation in the besieged city of Olmuz", but there is not siege there.

I am currently testing the Honours of War Decision, but it doesn't work on the AI (at least I think it doesn't, but maybe it works differently from what I think).

On the first turn I see this message - in the middle: (something wrong with the strings I think)

[ATTACH]22618[/ATTACH]

On the second turn I see a good message that my force has offered the Honours of War to the besieged city, but after that I don't see any reply or effect.

Save game with 3 backup turns:

[ATTACH]22619[/ATTACH]
Attachments
1741 First Silesian War0.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
HoWstring.jpg

bkosar19
Sergeant

Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah, I was confused by the circumvallation decision too. Since the AI was building it around its own cities, I thought it would be valuable for me to use it too as way to beef-up the defenses of objective cities. Programming the AI to cease using it this way would help end a lot of the confusion.

Also, the accepting honors of war decision doesn't seem to work at all. The Prussians have one of my corps trapped in Tabor. The AI has offered my besieged forces the honors of war, but I can't use the acceptance decision.

Plus, the AI keeps leaving captured fortress batteries outside of fortified structures. I've been able to take back cities by using cavalry to capture these batteries and then turning their guns on the city. I don't think that's supposed to fly. I've had some issues with the "enter structure" button not working sometimes especially as to immobile assets such as fortification batteries. I can get these batteries into cities by manually moving them into the city, but it appears the AI is having trouble doing the same.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”