EagleKing
Conscript

Aggressive AI

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 pm

I was playing as the Prussians with the normal AI Aggressiveness setting. As the Austrian player, the AI attacked in blitzkrieg fashion without any regard to supply at all. The French hadn't captured a single city and when last seen had units all the way to Magdeburg. The Austrians were in Torgau. All of their units were hopelessly out of supply, unless I'm not understanding the supply rules. 3 regions from a friendly depot to a unit with supply wagons, 1 region without, right?

So I set the AI aggressiveness to low, and the result was better. But the French, with a very large army, were besieging Munster for probably a good 3-4 turns without even achieving a breach. In the meantime, the Prussians had scored 3 breaches on Prague while the Austrians had fought their way to Glantz (IIRC) and scored a breach there. But for the French, time seemed to stand still. (In this last case, I was using the 1.04aQuickFix patch. In the previous, just un-quickfixed 1.04a.)

Has anybody else had a problem with the AI French/Austrians? Are either of these known issues?

EagleKing
Conscript

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Well, with only the initial garrison holding Munster, the AI French finally took the city in late November. I just kept hitting the "next turn" button until they took it. Historically, Munster was serving as a HQ for the French by late May. So there may be an issue with Siege Resolution.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:27 pm

some of the options for the AI that appear 'good' seem to make it behave too aggressively. In particular don't let it have too high an advantage in terms of fog of war etc as that tends to make it indulge in deep raids. A good balance is AI more time and to take the worst of the inactive rules for the player (ie inactive forces don't move rather than move slowly).

Munster is odd, I've seen a few very long sieges there and then in other games it falls in 2 turns - I'd say you are seeing just the nornal variability. This happens with a lot of forts, but Kassel is hard to take (I think it has a bonus). In my last PBEM it took the French player 2 seasons to capture it.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

EagleKing
Conscript

Sat May 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Ok, thanks Loki. I've been playing the game like crazy lately. Love everything about it....except maybe the AI. I'm still struggling to find just the right settings.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”