lodilefty

ROP Official Patch 1.04a = November 8, 2012

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 pm

For your enjoyment!
Barring a catastrophic failure, or something that simply does not function, there will not be another patch for several months at least.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/ROP_Patch.zip

Updated to version 1.04a:

• Game Engine [continues as version 121011]
  • Setups

• 1762 Campaign: Disabled the Empress Elisabeth death sequence [Russia already allied with Prussia at start]
    • All setups recompiled to fix the “all Wild” Development level bug [effective only in newly started games]
  • Events

• Corrected several Area Alias errors in the Prussian AI events
  • Database
    • Corrected several duplicated Aliases [thank you LaFrite for the Python[SUP]©[/SUP] Script Check software to find these]

Version 1.04:

• Ga[size=84]me Engine [updated to version 121011][/size]
    • You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Cavalry alone can no longer assault Forts
    • Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.02]
      • Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • Fixed bug of a leader removed from his parent unit, corrupting the unit he is in.
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • Corrected display of Costs to Construct in the Element Detail window [thank you AJE team!]
    • Fixed a display issue with the animated battle gauge where a leader portrait could appear erroneously.
    • Leaders killed in battles while embedded in an unit (corps commander e.g) won’t cause recombination problems anymore.
    • If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
    • A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
    • If you have suffered from the loyalty bug, you can bring the console and type ‘CleanupLoyalty’. On next turn processing, odd loyalties will start to be removed. This will use the same logic as in the line before, only 100 times faster.
    • Added Overcrowding rule:
      • The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
      • See Wiki article at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule
    • Exported additional Game Setting parameters
      • Screener, Disrupter and Rout Damage limits [in GameLogic.opt]
    • Enabled Main Menu option: Dynamic Borders to view the boundary between controlled areas. [may affect map scrolling speed]
    • Enabled Main Menu option: switch to 120DPI fonts [for higher resolution displays]
    • Fixed the exploit where a newly built unit could be incorporated into a Division, whereby the cost to build was immediately refunded
    • Fixed a bug whereby a unit under siege could always escape from the region using a specific sequence of Movement orders, Passive posture, and Evasive Move Special Order settings
  • Events

• Sanitation Event will no longer select a Fixed group
    • Added Palatinate Elite replacements: 1 chit twice per year starting late in 1756
    • 1756 Campaign:

• Saxon Capitulation “Trigger event” will occur with 75% probability once stated requirements are met [was 100%].
    • 1756 and 1757 Campaigns:

• AUS gets a free Depot at Wierzbolow when Russians land at Memel
    • 1762 Campaign:

• Removed events causing duplicated leaders
  • Database

• Corrected Seaman ability to give bonus in water regions and transition links
    • “Northerner” ability now defined as Swedish territory [was Northern Germany]

• Bergen, Wolgast, Greifswald, Grimmen, Stralsund, Wismar, Karlskrona, Sweden, Christianstadt, Simmersharen, Malmoe, Lund, Helsinborg
    • All Swedish forces now have “Northerner” malus [penalty to parameters when outside the “Northerner” area]
    • Changed AUS and SAX Insurrecto Infantry model to be Militia [not Line]. Also fixed the Unit symbols for all Insurrecto Infantry units to indicate “Home” areas.
    • Models and Units for 1740 are included to facilitate future expansions.
  • Text

• Latest version of LocalStrings__AGE.csv
    • Text strings for Merchandises localized
  • AI

• Corrected a minor bug in Winter Quarters aggression events
    • Added AI Winter Quarters activation parameter
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Sorel
Captain

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:11 am

Hi,

will 1.04 beta RC1 saves work if we update to the official patch?

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks for this

S!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Sorel wrote:Hi,

will 1.04 beta RC1 saves work if we update to the official patch?

yes
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Taillebois
General of the Army

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Great, thanks. Well done again.

Narwhal

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Heya Lodi.

Thank you for this update.

Quick question : Lizzie death sequence is disable, but is the chain of event for Russian "back to neutrality" active ?

Small issue too : in the 1762 starts (before patch 1.04a, the AUS player has the option to build SWE troops (but actually cannot build them anywhere) even though they pulled out already, and IIRC Russian troops too (ditto). Finally, in 1.04a there were those Russian decisions.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

with this patch, all the leaders have lost points in Stratetic, attack, defense. All the leaders (Prussian, Austria !!)
Brown now 1.0.0 for example, in general all austrian are 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 and the prussian lost 1 or 2 points.

:confused:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

lodilefty

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

FENRIS wrote:with this patch, all the leaders have lost points in Stratetic, attack, defense. All the leaders (Prussian, Austria !!)
Brown now 1.0.0 for example, in general all austrian are 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 and the prussian lost 1 or 2 points.

:confused:

I do not see this in my installation. :confused:

Please upload a saved game example...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:12 pm

heu ! can't find where are my saves, better download new game and patch no ?
same problem with WIA and new patch (british leaders = 1.0.0 or0.0.0 ) and I resolved the problem with reinstalling the game.

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

lodilefty

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Install per these instructions!

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games
[CENTER][/CENTER]

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I keep getting a warning on Avast that I am downloading the Win32 gen Virus when I try to download the 1.04a patch. Anyone else getting this message?

Carnium

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

hannibal_barca wrote:I keep getting a warning on Avast that I am downloading the Win32 gen Virus when I try to download the 1.04a patch. Anyone else getting this message?

No virus:
https://www.virustotal.com/sl/file/7b0fcc6abf77fb25109ff95e5d4a2db42d0fbaf7d21d5fd183143a4d1a314542/analysis/1381771252/

arsan

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Avast has been giving false positives on several AGEOD games and files for years to me... i don't know why they didn't like this fine games :bonk:

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks guys!

Anguille

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:19 pm

The link is not working!

BigDuke66
General

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Use the link in lodilefty signature, that one should work.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Is this patch for ROP, or ROP gold, or both?

ferrenava

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 pm

No, the average ROP is 1.04 and is 1.11 gold

marbot
Civilian

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:09 pm

hello !
i would like install the patch ROP but there are a problem with the link ....

homet
Corporal

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:24 am

Try the links on the Latest Patches section of the forum on the main page. Those seem to work.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?152-Latest-patches

Pocus

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Only ROP Gold has been further patched, ROP 'classic' won't be anymore.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Rise of Prussia”