Micf2302
Private

Couple of other noobs questions

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:38 am

Hey everyone! I'm currently in the Winter of 1758 (of my first game).

I have utterly crushed the Russians, the Austrians are fairing no better, and the French are left with quite some troops, but 2 decimated armies. However, I'm pretty sure they will get reinforcement or build more troops. My problem is that for some reason I seem to not get any conscript anymore! I am getting on average like 1 a turn. And I must admit it's going to be ugly next year! Sure, my armies are ''alright'' and I can still push around the Austrian and Russian without much more reinforcement... But surprise bad weather and stuff is taking it's toll!

By the way, I have 140 NM... I haven't lost any objective city or strategic city.

I still hold onto Wessel (lost two colums their earlier though...) in the west, I have only lost leipzig (Spelling?) in Saxony and I am holding onto the level 2 fort about 3 provinces east of Prag. didn't loose anything else (oh, and own all of previous swede and Holy Roman Empire's province north of Prussia. In the east I lost East Prussia, but I though it a necessary bad to crush the swedes quickly and then turn to face the Russian bear.)

Micf2302
Private

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:43 am

Hmm, basically my question is why did the flow of conscript stop and how do I make it restart.

Playing 1.02 by the way.

The AI seems quite dumb to me... Just like in BOA 1 it will make long march in the winter draining its armies and then being unable to mount effective assault in the spring/summer. Is it because I don't have the mod? Or does 1,03 helps with that?

Narwhal

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 am

Micf2302 wrote:Hey everyone! I'm currently in the Winter of 1758 (of my first game).

I have utterly crushed the Russians, the Austrians are fairing no better, and the French are left with quite some troops, but 2 decimated armies. However, I'm pretty sure they will get reinforcement or build more troops. My problem is that for some reason I seem to not get any conscript anymore! I am getting on average like 1 a turn. And I must admit it's going to be ugly next year! Sure, my armies are ''alright'' and I can still push around the Austrian and Russian without much more reinforcement... But surprise bad weather and stuff is taking it's toll!

If you did that at your first game congrats. Beating the Russians and the Austrians ain't to hard, but the French are tough to stop.
Are you sure you are playing 1.02 ? When you install the game, the default install path is bogus and if you don't change it, you will be still playing with 1.00. This could explain the "conscript" bug (and the poor AI).
Check in the "credit" section of your game.

In any case, the AI with the beta patch is significantly better.

Micf2302
Private

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:15 am

The system ain't to different from BOA and the others, I say that's the reason :D I did so well.

Micf2302
Private

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 pm

I just installed 1.02 again. I was pretty sure i had 1.02 since thats what showed up in the bottom of my game when loading. And my game didn't disapear. So I think I have the good one. If someone could explain about the ''conscript'' issue, I'd be really happy. I'll put the game on hold until I understand what is happening there...

Also, about stopping the french... Just build some Supply reserve in Kassel, put 1 infantry brigade there and built 2 fort battery. It kept anyone from going that way ;) I chosed to reinforce Wesel and sent all my corps there as fast as I could. The french never made it threw ;)

Once I was in it detered the french for a while :)

I moved out to kick the crap of the swede at some point, and that's when I lost my 2 colums by trying to lift the siege... 25k against 88k IS NOT good odds ;D

But anyways, the siege failed because of weather ;)

Ebbingford

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:44 pm

First off, what do you mean by "1 per turn"? :)
If you hold your mouse pointer over the conscript figure at the top of the screen it will tell you how many you are getting each turn, probably about 30 I would think. (This might only be available with 1.03 now that I think of it.)
If you mean only 1 replacement in the ledger, F2, then you will get various replacements at various intervals.
If your conscript pool is over 200 and it only appears to be increasing by a couple every so often then more than likely you will have received 5 infantry replacements that turn. These will have used up some of your conscript pool so it looks like it has only gone up by a couple.

Micf2302
Private

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 pm

I mean, one turn the conscript count is 10. (up at the top of the page)
then next turn it'S 11. I didn't choose any option in the F3 or F4 menu. I have no idea where the small increase comes from :(

I'Ll try and get 1.03

Return to “Rise of Prussia”