Pocus

Public beta patch 1.01g download and discussions

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 am

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/lat...ch_ROP101g.zip

If you are already using patch 1.01e, then you can continue ongoing games. If you had an earlier version then your saved games are not compatibles.

================================================== ========================
Rise of Prussia Update 1.01g
March, 12th 2009

================================================== ========================

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

Gameplay
Retreat: Enemy units in a region will strongly disfavor any retreat there (all the various parameters when choosing a retreat path are numerics weighted against each other).
Retreat : Chances of retreat after the 2nd round of battle has been significantly increased.
Pursuit after battle : Short battles lead to smaller losses in pursuit.
Pursuit after battle : Small forces pursued lead to smaller losses in pursuit.
In sieges, supply wagons has a 80% chance to protect from surrender (was 50%).
Small garrisons will appears when you capture important locations (replacements will be expanded for that).
Interface
Minimap recolorized.
The first army leader displayed with the Army outliner was slightly misplaced.
Graphics
4 new general graphics, courtesy of Nikel.
Events fixes
Bug fixes in the 'More Money' option, 'Saxon Collapse' and 'HRE Contingent'.
[font="]Events additions[/font]
[font="]Economics[/font][font="]: Added Economic events to add $ for the Coalition (options):[/font]
[font="]- Karl von Zinzendorf (AUS Exchequer, got money from loans from local gentry)[/font][font="]
[/font][font="]- Paris de Montmartel (FRA financer, got loan from Spain – before the latter joined the war)[/font][font="]
[/font][font="]- Jean de Laborde (AUS financer, same as AUS above)[/font][font="]
[/font]

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks Pocus :)

What do you mean with Minimap recolorized?

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Cheer's Pocus :)

Pocus

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Nikel wrote:Thanks Pocus :)

What do you mean with Minimap recolorized?

my bad, this did not make it in the first version of the patch. Download again and you should see the minimap in color now.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

squarian
Brigadier General

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Pocus wrote: Events fixes 'HRE Contingent'.

Perhaps this will answer a question I intended to raise.

Playing under 1.01e, I lost the entire Reichsarmee after a Prussian army descended on Nuremburg and I retired into the city to await relief which failed to arrive on time. The surrender deprived me of every general capable of leading Reich troops without penalty except for Zweibrucken (who in his Deux Ponts guise is too busy leading the French).

I've been wondering ever since if I'd see an event giving me a chance to buy Imperial replacements and/or new generals, or if the Reich troops were permanently debilitated.

lodilefty

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:46 pm

squarian wrote:Perhaps this will answer a question I intended to raise.

Playing under 1.01e, I lost the entire Reichsarmee after a Prussian army descended on Nuremburg and I retired into the city to await relief which failed to arrive on time. The surrender deprived me of every general capable of leading Reich troops without penalty except for Zweibrucken (who in his Deux Ponts guise is too busy leading the French).

I've been wondering ever since if I'd see an event giving me a chance to buy Imperial replacements and/or new generals, or if the Reich troops were permanently debilitated.

There are a few 'free' HRE leaders staring in 1757, on a quarterly, low probability basis.

No Leader Options for HRE to purchase, but the units should appear in the construction pool...

So let's be careful out there.... ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

caranorn

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Are Saxon leaders outside Saxony (but originally part of the Army at Pirna) supposed to be removed in the Saxon Capitulation event? I managed a fighting withdrawal (Browne, Luchese and Kollowrath east of the Elbe supporting Rutowski) from Pirna. Now in late December the event has fired and I have an entire Saxon column and a detachment leaderless in Teschen and Leipa as well as a number of leaderless brigades and regiments at Prag (I withdrew the best units via the Elbe)...
Marc aka Caran...

PhilThib

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Side effect of the usual case, where most of the Saxons get eliminated...but with leaders injured resting in Austrian cities...we had not planned your success...so yes, this is a consequence of the event...

We shall need a little more thought :D

lodilefty

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 pm

[color="Blue"]The excellent Leader and Unit graphics discussions havve been moved and consolidated to a separate thread so we don't lose them! [/color] :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

caranorn

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:32 pm

In the french language version of the game the option to recruit Austrian Line replacements is mislabelled "Entrainer des troupes régulières brittaniques"...

Also the embarkation/disembarkation bug from WiA where you end up with a force on the boats/ships after you cancelled a landforce's move from shore to a boat/ship offshore still seems to be present. Unfortunatelly I accidentaly reloaded a previous turn instead of simply loading the current turn, so I can't explain the exact steps for this to happen...
Marc aka Caran...

lodilefty

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 pm

caranorn wrote:In the french language version of the game the option to recruit Austrian Line replacements is mislabelled "Entrainer des troupes régulières brittaniques"...

<snip>...

Thank you for spotting that! :thumbsup:

This explains the mysterious "British Replacements option for Austria" bug reported several times elsewhere! :w00t:

I gotta remember to check the text strings, not just the code :o :bonk:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Grouchy
Private

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Playing Prussia and won a battle in Lobositz, Late Oct. 1756;

Thanks to our victory we captured 135, 000 muskets from the enemy.
Thanks to our victory we took 5,000 prisoners on the battlefield.

I know those 135, 000 muskets represent 135 warsupplies, but it still a little bit strange if the enemy army (consisting of 48147 Men, 16961 horses, 336 Canons) attacks your positions and looses more muskets then it has men :wacko: .
A cavalry general should be a master of practical science, know the value of seconds, despise life and not trust to chance.

caranorn

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:57 pm

There seems to be a problem with the recruitment mode. Some units can't be clicked on, even though they could be bought. In the attached screenshots any unit starting with the Empire Pontooneers. I've seen the same kind of problem playing as Prussia...

P.S.: Still can't seem to upload a save game from this computer and my other one won't be fixed for at least another week...
Attachments
RoP_1_01g_SS_01.png
Marc aka Caran...

Pocus

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:23 pm

I can't read your png either ... do you remember which unit specifically for Prussia?

Pocus

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Grouchy wrote:Playing Prussia and won a battle in Lobositz, Late Oct. 1756;

Thanks to our victory we captured 135, 000 muskets from the enemy.
Thanks to our victory we took 5,000 prisoners on the battlefield.

I know those 135, 000 muskets represent 135 warsupplies, but it still a little bit strange if the enemy army (consisting of 48147 Men, 16961 horses, 336 Canons) attacks your positions and looses more muskets then it has men :wacko: .

we have to correct the text then, it is indeed 135 but surely not thousands!

ussdefiant
Corporal

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Is there some particular reason that the cost for all units in war supplies seem to have taken a five or ten-fold increase? I can't help but think that Austria should at least be getting enough WSs a turn to at least raise a single Hussar regiment, but is lucky if it can even afford more than one battalion of any type in a turn...

caranorn

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Pocus wrote:I can't read your png either ... do you remember which unit specifically for Prussia?

No, but it's always the last ones in the list. Usually not in the first few turns. Maybe there is an issue with how many can be clicked, not sure. If necessary I'll mail you a save game, what's the correct address again?

P.S.: I think my problem with uploading stuff here is that my connection to the forum gets cut during upload. Pretty sure it's my computer or setup...
Marc aka Caran...

Generalisimo

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

caranorn wrote:No, but it's always the last ones in the list. Usually not in the first few turns. Maybe there is an issue with how many can be clicked, not sure. If necessary I'll mail you a save game, what's the correct address again?

P.S.: I think my problem with uploading stuff here is that my connection to the forum gets cut during upload. Pretty sure it's my computer or setup...

In that case, send the saved game to support@ageod.com
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

caranorn

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Generalisimo wrote:In that case, send the saved game to support@ageod.com

Thanks, email with save game and screenshot sent...
Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

I just realised that the Empire Supply Train units starting the campaign at Nürnberg with Saxe-Hildburgshausen with just a single strength point each. Because there are no automatic replacements for these wagons they will never fill up and risk getting lost at the first scrap...

I assume it is intended that a lot of the other Empire units starting at Nürnberg take a while to fill up, assuming that those units already sent into the field don't suffer too much and eat up all those replacements...
Marc aka Caran...

Grouchy
Private

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Just noticed that when askin some of the detailed 'town'battle reports up that they are empty. There is nothing in round 1, 2 etc.

Most of the battles are quit small in size (garnison, no leaders...The units are inside the structure) and the basic battle reports are there but that's all. Is this intended?
A cavalry general should be a master of practical science, know the value of seconds, despise life and not trust to chance.

caranorn

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Grouchy wrote:Just noticed that when askin some of the detailed 'town'battle reports up that they are empty. There is nothing in round 1, 2 etc.

Most of the battles are quit small in size (garnison, no leaders...The units are inside the structure) and the basic battle reports are there but that's all. Is this intended?

I've seen this too. Always when one side had no leaders...
Marc aka Caran...

Nikel

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Also here after Frederick's army assaulted Prague.

Another thing, not sure if it has been commented. Owner filter causes that the name of the cities disappear?

similar
Civilian

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:58 pm

ussdefiant wrote:Is there some particular reason that the cost for all units in war supplies seem to have taken a five or ten-fold increase? I can't help but think that Austria should at least be getting enough WSs a turn to at least raise a single Hussar regiment, but is lucky if it can even afford more than one battalion of any type in a turn...

I've noticed this too. Supply trains now cost 300 war supplies, as do artillery; siege artillery costs 400, sappers 200 etc. Is this working as intended, with increased war supply costs? Thanks.

caranorn

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 pm

I forgot to reply to the recruitment question. Of course only my opinion...

I think the increased cost is indeed realistic, or rather increasing the cost was realistic. Just as an example, if Austria were able to recruit 1 regiment of Hussars per turn that would mean that they could raise 24 such regiments a year. Or to calculate it differently, for 1 hussar regiment you'd get an average of 3 infantry battalions, that'd make 72 infantry battalions or 36 regiments per year. Even assuming you'd spend some WSu on supply trains and artillery, you'd be producing way too much. Now the current costs might use some fine tuning, for instance for supply trains which are quite steep right now, maybe even for artillery. But over all recruitment should be rare and slow...
Marc aka Caran...

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Only a guess, but I suppose the design team wanted war effort to gradually erode, as it in fact did. By the last years of the war, both sides were simply running out of troops - the war ended more from exhaustion than victory.

So maybe it's intentional that recruitment is expensive and slow - we're supposed to wear out our precious, well-drilled soldiers in the first few years and not be able to replace them, perhaps? There are other mechanics for this war exhaustion - an event which kicks in to reduce NM steadily.

PhilThib

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 pm

You are right...I already included the event eroding the NM ;)

Hohenlohe

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:21 am

Dear Pocus, may I suggest some new economic events for the Prussian related to Nathan Ephraim who supervizes the Money Minting for the Prussians and who made bad Thalers from molten English money to pay the War Costs and there is also a need for the yearly event about Saxon Contribution of Thalers and Recruits and some warsupplies if not already existing.

And I want also make some suggestion.Is it possible to give us an overview which unit models will appear during the game,because I found out that in the models roster there are Landwehr units existing which will could be understand like a promise for a future campaign. As I know there was no Landwehr existing in Prussia until the Napoleonic times, but I could be wrong also.
And I would also like to get an overview about the generals for each side like that pdf-file about the AACW-Generals.

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe, a hungarian-german descendant but proven Prussia-Fan... :coeurs:

edit: to be an old historybuff is sometimes a disadvantage, its better to stay curious... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:55 am

As soon as we have finished our current work on the DB for the upcoming patch, we shall post here the Excel files. :thumbsup:

At the moment, we are short on time on making the nice PDF file with all types of units and leaders like in BOA or AACW...this is huge time consuming stuff...would require help from volunteer(s) ;)

Hohenlohe

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 pm

PhilThib wrote:As soon as we have finished our current work on the DB for the upcoming patch, we shall post here the Excel files. :thumbsup:

At the moment, we are short on time on making the nice PDF file with all types of units and leaders like in BOA or AACW...this is huge time consuming stuff...would require help from volunteer(s) ;)

Thanks you heartly, dear Philippe. :coeurs:
I consider to volunteer for this task... :wacko: :bonk:

greetings

Hohenlohe, one of your fans... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Return to “Rise of Prussia”