caranorn

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I'll try to replicate this and see under which conditions this exactly happens...
Marc aka Caran...

caranorn

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Okay, I quickly ran some tests...

I was indeed wrong about this happening in snow weather. But the situation I described does occur in blizzard. I'm not sure this is WAD, mountain regions can be moved through, but mountain pass are entirely closed in blizzard so that forces trace a path through the mountains, sometimes even zig-zagging to reach their destination...

P.S.: Can't seem to attach (upload) screenshots right now. I tested this for the regions Dippoldiswalde (road symbol over mountain) and Freiberg (pass symbol over mountain), but think I saw it in other Mountain-pass/mountain-road regions when I actually played the demo...
Marc aka Caran...

ussdefiant
Corporal

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 am

Minor Question: Is it intended that Prussia should have the ability to build 6 Grenadier depot battallions and only 1 reg. inf depot unit? Shouldn't it be the other way around, like Austria has it?

Pocus

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 am

caranorn wrote:Okay, I quickly ran some tests...

I was indeed wrong about this happening in snow weather. But the situation I described does occur in blizzard. I'm not sure this is WAD, mountain regions can be moved through, but mountain pass are entirely closed in blizzard so that forces trace a path through the mountains, sometimes even zig-zagging to reach their destination...

P.S.: Can't seem to attach (upload) screenshots right now. I tested this for the regions Dippoldiswalde (road symbol over mountain) and Freiberg (pass symbol over mountain), but think I saw it in other Mountain-pass/mountain-road regions when I actually played the demo...

Although I believe all mountains regions close when in blizzard, because if they are closed when there is a pass, they must also be closed when there is not even a pass :neener:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 am

ussdefiant wrote:Minor Question: Is it intended that Prussia should have the ability to build 6 Grenadier depot battallions and only 1 reg. inf depot unit? Shouldn't it be the other way around, like Austria has it?

Depends of the number already on map. When you pass the mouse over the reg inf depot units, how many you see deployed on map?

If there is more grenadiers (on map + potential) compared to reg inf. then I would say it is indeed a glitch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

caranorn

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

Pocus wrote:Although I believe all mountains regions close when in blizzard, because if they are closed when there is a pass, they must also be closed when there is not even a pass :neener:

Exactly my logic, so not WaD :-) ...

SDFDAA
Civilian

tttt

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Moriety
Major

Boxed version?

Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Will a boxed version be released?
(I don't download games for several reasons, but two of which are high unemployment in the EU and the slow death of small shops in the high street, including game shops)
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Pocus

Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 am

Rise of Prussia will be release in boxed format in Germany... The box will support German, French and English languages... So find a shop in Germany and order the game if a box is that you want :)

Return to “Rise of Prussia”