mjw
Lieutenant

teaser?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

I apologize if this has already been asked but I am very excited about this game...

Is it possible for one of you devs to give some hints as to what type of goodies are going to be included? for example...are we going to have a supply system such as AACW with "supply push" (which I love) or will it be similar to WIA?

Any new concepts like when the ability to set forces to "all out attack, probe, conservative attack", etc was added? any improvements on that?

Any diplomacy features?

hmmmm? hmmmm?

rogs
Sergeant

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 am

yep - can we see something that will give us an idea of say the orders of battle and how they'll work, or the build screen . . .

or the laws and/or drafts screen, like in ACW

Pocus

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 am

Hi,

The supply system will be a slightly improved version of the AACW one indeed (the push-pull system). Improved in the sense that you'll be able to know how much a region sent, and how much it received, from the supply network.

Historical Options will be done the 'WIA' way, i.e more diverse than in AACW, but basically the same system. Although production is handled in another way that we will uncover later... :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

slimey.rock
Major

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Pocus wrote:The supply system will be a slightly improved version of the AACW one indeed (the push-pull system). Improved in the sense that you'll be able to know how much a region sent, and how much it received, from the supply network.

I like that :thumbsup:

mjw
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 am

Hey thanks! Wow...I can't wait for this one. Haven't been playing anything but aacw and wia in anticipation!

rogs
Sergeant

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:53 am

how will sieges be handled?

one thing that jumps out in the SYW is the regular storming of fortresses by surprise

there weren't many long sieges, despite the reputation of the era

can we assemble picked columns of grenadiers and fusiliers for a night time attack, to rush the bastions and take them by surprise?? some of the most exciting accounts in Duffy are surprise attacks on fortresses

the successful Austrian assaults on Schweidnitz and Glatz spring to mind

Return to “Rise of Prussia”